Cedar Sky Foods is pleased to announce that they are an approved service provider under the Veteran’s Independence Program. The Veterans Independence Program (VIP) helps veterans remain independent and self-sufficient in their home and your community. Depending on individual circumstances and health needs, recipients may qualify for financial assistance to obtain support in such areas as grounds maintenance; housekeeping; personal care; access to nutrition; health and support services provided by a health professional.
How to apply for the Veteran’s Independence Program.
Cedar Sky Foods is able to offer direct billing to Veterans Affairs Canada so that eligible veterans can use their service without having to pay out of pocket. It does need to be a meal delivery service nor do the meals have to be gluten-free, but they fit both criteria! Perfect for any eligible veteran in Cedar Sky Foods delivery area (Qualicum Beach to Nanaimo), celiac or not!
Cedar Sky Foods brings you chef-prepared meals from their 100% gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free commercial kitchen – to yours. Located in the seaside community of Parksville, British Columbia, Cedar Sky makes food just like you need it to be – gluten free! Drop into their store or have their creations delivered to your door in Parksville, French Creek, Qualicum Beach, Errington, Coombs, Nanoose Bay, Lantzville, Nanaimo and area.
Cedar Sky Foods is the culinary creation of co-founders Chris and Crystal Niddrie. Food-business entrepreneurs for over 13 years, they are excited to be working and living on the beautiful West Coast with their family. Chris and his daughter both live with the challenges of celiac disease, inspiring him to create delicious gluten-free meals, baked goods and specialty foods from the freshest, locally-grown ingredients.
Cedar Sky Menu (menu & prices are subject to change)
Ordering is easy! Shop In Person, by Phone or Online. Scroll down to learn how.
- Beef Bourguignon, Mashed Potatoes & Chef’s Vegetables • Beef Stroganoff, Rice Pilaf & Chef’s Vegetables • Butter Chicken & Basmati Rice • Cabbage Rolls & Rice • Coconut Curry Vegetables & Basmati Rice • Lamb Pot Pie Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & Chef’s Vegetables • Mushroom Dijon Chicken, Rice Pilaf & Chef’s Vegetables • Polynesian Chicken & Rice • Braised Pork Ribs, Pineapple Rice & Chef’s Vegetables • Shepherd’s Pie • Spaghetti Bolognese • Thai Green Curry Chicken & Jasmine Rice • Thai Red Curry Beef & Jasmine Rice • Vegetable Shepherd’s Pie
- Servings for two or more. Meals are frozen, packaged in microwave or oven ready trays with heating instructions.
- Cedar Sky Foods’ delicious side dishes will compliment your meals and save you time! Use their signature sauces to create your own delicious meals at home! Sauces are frozen in containers or pouches with heating instructions.
- Banana Bread Mini Loaf • Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Loaf • Carrot Cake • Chocolate Zucchini Mini Loaf • Cornbread Mini Loaf • Lemon Poppyseed Mini Loaf • Cranberry Orange Mini Loaf • Pumpkin Spice Mini Loaf
- Baked for you to eat on the spot – or to take home!
Shop In Person
- Stop by our store during business hours, choose your selections and take home right away.
We usually have all items in stock, except for fresh baked cookies which need to be pre-ordered.
- #104 1065 Herring Gull Way, Parksville
- MON & WED 10-4, TUES 11-4, THURS 11-5, FRI 10-6 (Closed Sat & Sun)
Shop by Phone for In-Store Pick Up
- Printable PDF Menu (*Menu & prices are subject to change)
- make your selections and phone us at (250) 248-5663. Choose delivery or pick up option (see below).
- Phone: (250) 248-5663 MON & WED 10-4, TUES 11-4, THURS 11-5, FRI 10-6 (Closed Sat & Sun)
- #104 1065 Herring Gull Way, Parksville MON & WED 10-4, TUES 11-4, THURS 11-5, FRI 10-6 (Closed Sat & Sun)
Order Online for In-Store Pick Up
- Our retail products are available to order online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Use the CONTACT FORM or email: [email protected] or go to ONLINE SHOPPING
- Just click on Shop Products at the top of this page. When ordering online, you can browse all product categories, add products to your shopping cart, and start the checkout process. While you can order and checkout as a guest, we recommend creating an account so that your account information and order history is always available to you for future reference. Choose delivery or pick up option (see Home Delivery Options)
- We will contact you as soon as your order is ready for pick up at #104 1065 Herring Gull Way, Parksville
- MON & WED 10-4, TUES 11-4, THURS 11-5, FRI 10-6 (Closed Sat & Sun)
Order Ahead by Phone or Online, for Home Delivery Options
- Cedar Sky Foods deliver to the communities of Parksville, French Creek, Qualicum Beach, Errington, Coombs, Nanoose Bay, Lantzville and Nanaimo (ie within 30 km of their location).
Cedar Sky Foods currently delivers meals on Tuesdays between 9-11 am and Thursdays between 9-11 am OR Thursdays between 6-8 pm.
- Place your order through ONLINE SHOPPING
- Orders must be $50 or more to take advantage of their delivery service.
- Free Delivery to Qualicum Beach, Parksville, Coombs, Errington and Nanoose Bay with orders of $50 or more!
- Free Delivery to Lantzville and Nanaimo with orders of $100 or more (otherwise an $8 delivery fee)
- Cedar Sky Foods calls you prior to your delivery day to confirm. If you cannot be home during their delivery timeframe, please arrange to leave a cooler outside in a secure location so that they can deliver your meals. Styrofoam coolers are available for purchase if needed.
- use your credit card to pay online with their secure and encrypted payment gateway (credit card information is never stored)
- Interac e-transfer
- pay with credit card or cash in-store.
- Cedar Sky does not accept personal cheques.
- Please call (250) 248-5663 or email [email protected].
- Cedar Sky Foods’ commercial kitchen and facility is dedicated 100% gluten free, nut free and peanut free.
- Cedar Sky does does not use, store, or permit any ingredients containing gluten or nuts into their facility.
- Allergen information is collected directly from suppliers/manufacturers to ensure ingredients are suitable for our use.
- A full list of ingredients is printed on every product and posted on their website
- All of their stocks, sauces, meals and baked goods are made from scratch and then rapidly frozen.
- Each item is labelled with heating instructions and ready to place in your freezer when you receive them, or heated and enjoyed within minutes.
- Baked goods are either thaw-and-serve or ready-to-bake.
- The containers that Cedar Sky Foods uses are microwave and oven safe, and can be recycled in your Blue Bin pickup.
Chris is a classically trained chef with over two decades of culinary experience working with some of the finest hotels and restaurants in Western Canada.
- CHEF-MADE CHICKEN STOCK – It all starts with roasted chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, tomato paste and herbs. 40 gallons of this good stuff is simmering overnight before it’s ready to turn into wonderful soups, sauces and gravies. Watch the video …