Fast, fun and informative! Sue Jennett and Ellen Bayens discuss the latest gluten-free news from a celiac perspective and in the context of their many years of supporting those who are starting the gluten-free diet.
If you’ve never tried a podcast before, they are a great way to listen and learn while you are busy doing something else – cooking, hiking, driving or just relaxing. You choose!
This week we talk about the current and upcoming food trends in the gluten free marketplace, as well as a recently published study on the connection between celiac disease and psoriasis. We cover the subject of body image from a male perspective and identify that females often find the diagnosis and GF diet isolating. Bard’s Beer is different because of the malting process, which in this case is gluten free, and the My Healthy Gut App is offering a 7-day free trial. Here’s some links from Ellen you might want to look up
Curious to read the articles mentioned? Click on the links below:
• Celiac Disease Research – The Good News Continues
• Bacteria May Trick Autoimmune System Into Targeting Gluten
• Researchers Uncover Unique Biomarkers for Non-Celiac Wheat Sensitivity
• 3 Reasons You May Feel Tired on the Gluten-Free Diet by Selena De Vries, RD
• Kelowna’s Celiac Kids Camp – 3 Places Left
• Kids with Celiac Disease Report Lower Health-Related Quality of Life
• Gluten-Free Fast Food Canada and United States
Sue counts more than 20 years since both she and her daughter were diagnosed with celiac disease. During that time, she has operated a gluten-free bakery, run a celiac kids camp, and produced and hosted a gluten free baking show on cable TV in Ontario. Join Sue’s weekly conversations, as she delves into all things celiac and gluten free.
- A Canadian Celiac Podcast
- A Canadian Celiac Blog Podcast Blog
- Sue’s Baking Website
- Sue’s Gluten Free Baking on You Tube
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue’s other Podcast – Gluten Free Weigh In
Ellen Bayens is the founder of The Celiac Scene, the go-to gluten-free resource for Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Past Vice-President of the Victoria Chapter of the CCA and ‘British Columbia’s Gluten-Free Ambassador,’ she has been featured in Gluten Free Living, Allergic Living and Delight Gluten Free magazines. Ellen is a frequent commentator on TV, radio and print – and now A Canadian Celiac Podcast – as she shares her enthusiasm for gluten-free living with restaurants, retailers and industry stakeholders keen to Get Gluten Free Right!
- The Celiac Scene
- Parents of Celiacs & Celiac Parents Support
- Receive the Celiac Scene’s E-News in your mailbox
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s January Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s December Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s November Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s October Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s September Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s August Round Up!