Tucked into the 4th floor of downtown Victoria’s most popular food court, Curry Flavour is truly a diamond in the fast-food rough! At long last, celiacs, the gluten free and those hankering for wholesome delicious, healthy options can participate in a vibrant, food-court setting with friends, family and colleagues.
Free Drink Coupon here!
The proprietors of the highly regarded Nanaimo Curry Point restaurant have blessed Victoria with their sumptuous savory and vegetarian curries. Seema, Raj and son Jai are intimately familiar with every ingredient and are pleased to take you on a taste tour of dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan options. Of special note are the chickpea pakoras, deep fried in a dedicated gluten-free fryer! All dishes are made with fresh vegetables, freshly ground spices and always, preservative free. Fast, affordable and authentic East-Indian cuisine for anyone working, playing in or traveling to downtown Victoria, BC!
• Butter Chicken (aka Chicken Korma) – chicken breast in a rich creamy sauce, mildy spiced
• Curry Chicken – medium spice, dairy free
• Beef Curry – tender AAA quality beef, medium spicy, dairy free
• Chili Chicken (aka Chicken Vindaloo) – extra spicy, dairy free
• Cabbage, Peas, Potato (aka Patta Gobi) – alternative vegetable combination, medium spiced, dairy free
• Chick Peas (aka Chana) – plump chick peas cooked in a curry base, mild-medium spiced, dairy free
• Lentils (aka Daal) – two kinds of lentils in a mild-medium curry, dairy free
• Mixed Vegetables – classic cauliflower, potato, cabbage, peas and carrots, mildly spiced, dairy free
• Spinach & Cheese (aka Palak Paneer) – finely ground spinach, chunks of cheese, mildly spiced
• Yogurt Curry (aka Kadhi) – house-made yogurt with chickpea pakoras (dumplings) cooked in a dedicated gluten-free fryer, medium spicy
• Zucchini (aka Tori) – tender, medium spicy, dairy free
*Avoid wheat-based naan and samosas. The Celiac Scene has received assurances that these items are prepared in a dedicated area prior to curry preparations, deep-fried in oil separate from chick pea pakoras, stored separately and served with tongs to minimize and prevent cross-contamination with gluten-free items. Excellent practices!