The premier vegetarian-vegan event in Canada is taking place in Vancouver and Giddy Yoyo Chocolates & Superfoods will be there! Be sure to check them out at Booth 810!
VEG EXPO is a Vegan & Vegetarian inspired event where you can discover the benefits of a plant-based diet and the best products and services to create healthier lifestyle. A day for the entire family to enjoy with an interactive kid zone, cooking demonstrations with local celebrated chefs, information on locally sourced foods and products, green home zone. Relax and take a break in the ‘vegetation lounge’ or get jazzed with a natural vegan fitness showcase. Free samples, giveaways and much more. • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram •
Giddy Yoyo creates the highest quality, most nutrient dense foods available; nourished by mineral-rich soil, fresh water and grown in healthy remote environments. Their products are untouched by genetically modified organisms, the practice of hybridization, and chemical solvents and metals regularly used in the practice of bringing foods to market.
Based out of Orangeville, ON, this gluten, soy, dairy, and GMO free brand is renowned for their comprehensive selection of raw, vegan, certified organic chocolates. GY uses only Wild Ecuadorian Heirloom Arriba Nacional CACAO and commits to compensating workers with ‘above-fair-trade’ wages.
Did you know?
- Whole seeds from ripe cacao pods that are fermented, sun-dried and not roasted become Cacao Beans
- Cacao beans that have had their skins removed and then crushed become Cacao Nibs
- When cacao nibs are stone ground (without supplemental heat) into a smooth liquid state, they become Cocao Paste
- The naturally occurring oil that is mechanically pressed during this process is known as Cacao Butter
- When cocao paste is ground, it becomes Cacao Powder
Learn More: When it Comes to Cocao – Choose Giddy Yoyo!