Wish you could try before you buy pricey gluten-free food? Here’s your chance! Join Ellen Bayens of The Celiac Scene for a fun and informative taste extravaganza! Second and fourth Saturday of every month Lifestyle Markets on Douglas Street between 12 and 2 pm. Look for Ellen’s smile in the Gluten-Free Department. No diagnosis or RSVP required.
B-Tea is North America’s first live Kombucha
Completely safe without refrigeration and best of all – available in a break-proof containers.
A fermented tea rich in probiotics • prebiotics • polyphenols • vitamins • organic enzymes • amino acids
What is Kombucha?
- pronounced “com-BOO-chah.”
- a fermented tea naturally rich in prebiotics and probiotics.
- raw and organic with a slightly sour-sweet-fizzy taste
- nutritious, low in calories, caffeine and sugar
For centuries Kombucha has been brewed throughout Asia and Eastern Europe. Kombucha was introduced to North America by people who had traveled to Asia and learned of its nutritive effects and its cleansing and detoxifying potential.
Kombucha starts out as a sugary tea fermented with a Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY) and yeast (in the form of Medusomyces gisevi). In seven days, the tea is transformed into a refreshing, effervescent, lightly astringent beverage LOW in calories/sugar and FULL of living probiotics.
What is B-Tea Kombucha made of?
- B-Tea uses only 100% raw and organic ingredients, juices, and extracts without preservatives, sugars, chemicals or artificial colors.
- Pilsner Laden Water from the Czech Republic
- Darjeeling Black Tea and Japanese Bancha Green Teas antioxidants
- Organic brown cane sugar, consumed during the fermentation results in tea low in sugar and naturally carbonated
GREEN TEA LEMON BALM – Lemon balm offers mental clarity, concentration, relaxation and an aid for digestive issues. Green Tea Lemon Balm is B-Tea’s most popular flavour – a perfect combination of calm and sweetness.
GREEN TEA – 100% Japanese Bancha Green Tea, this is classic Kombucha. It enhances energy, mood, mental acuity and revitalizes metabolism. Japanese Bancha Green Tea is the foundation of B-Tea’s kombucha products. Refreshing and rejuvenating!
ORIGINAL (BLACK TEA) – Original and most powerful, Black Tea is made for traditional kombucha lovers. 100% organic, Darjeeling Black Tea is a source of antioxidants and nutrients.
TRANQUILITY (GREEN TEA ALOE VERA) – 100% organic Aloe Vera extract aids in detoxification, digestion, and immune system support. Enjoy calming rejuvenation with every sip.
GREEN TEA GINGER – B-Tea’s original ginger is made up of 70% Darjeeling Black Tea and 30% Ginger. One of the best-known digestion aids, this flavor is ideal for those seeking digestive healing.
SERENITY – 30% Chamomile Tea, therapeutic, revitalizing and soothing for the nervous system. A completely relaxing balm.
VARIETY PACK – A chance to experience each flavour.
Brought to our community by B-Tea Kombucha Canada
Although kombucha cannot heal, it supports your body so that it can heal itself.
- Alkalize the body and balances internal pH
- Detoxify the liver
- Increase metabolism
- Improve digestion
- Rebuild connective tissue and helps with arthritis, gout, asthma, rheumatism
- High in antioxidants and so destroys free-radicals that cause cancer
- Alleviate constipation
- Boost energy and help with severe fatigue
- Reduce blood pressure
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Reduce kidney stones in the kidney
- High in polyphenols
- Improve eyesight
- Heal eczema and can be applied to soften the skin
- Prevent arteriosclerosis
- Speed healing of ulcers by killing Helicobacter pylori (bacterium found usually in the stomach) on contact
- Help clear up candida & yeast infections
- Support healthy cell regeneration
- Lower glucose levels
More about Lifestyle Markets
Lifestyle Markets has been the first-stop-shop for anyone new to the diet or new to town for more than 20 years! Offering the most comprehensive selection of gluten-free flours and baking ingredients in British Columbia, you can enjoy carefree shopping in Victoria’s first – and largest – dedicated gluten-free department. Take in a complimentary Gluten-Free Tasting at their Douglas Street location or visit Lifestyle Markets’ sister stores on Lifestyle Markets on Cook Street or Lifestyle Select in Sidney
Known as the first-stop-shop for anyone new to the diet or new to town, Lifestyle Select offers enjoy carefree shopping and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Visit Lifestyle Markets’ sister store in Sidney or visit their convenient Cook Street location near Beacon Hill Park and Dallas Road.