Hertel Meats is celebrating summer this Saturday at Thrifty Foods’ new Belmont location! They’re cooking up their very best bacon – always gluten-free, dairy-free with no added MSG! Catch them outside at 3011 Merchant Way in Langford.
Country Fresh, Naturally The Best!
Established in 1967, Port Alberni’s Hertel Meats pioneered the curing of meats without MSG and lead the way with dairy-free, gluten-free, preservative-free sausages. Their bacon? To die for! Who needs chocolate!
Hertel Meats Ltd. was created in 1967, a small family enterprise, providing slaughter, cutting & wrapping, and further processing, of beef, pork and game for local farmers and hunters.
- In the mid 80’s, Tom Hertel recognized and responded to a need he saw in his customers, developing Hertel’s now renowned line of fresh sausages processed without wheat gluten, lactose (milk) products, or artificial preservatives.
- He also created a naturally smoked bacon cured without the use of sodium nitrite, nitrate or other chemical preservatives which quickly established itself as a top seller and remains in high demand today.
- Hertels was also a pioneer in the production of products seasoned without the use of Monosodium Glutamate. (MSG), a trend that was soon imitated by many other major meat processing plants.
Hertel Meats is renowned among Vancouver Island and Lower Mainland Grocery Retailers for the freshness and availability of their top quality wholesale fresh pork cuts.
Hertel Meats is a proud sponsor of The Celiac Scene and the Canadian Celiac Association Gluten-Free Living Classes
Pork Sausage • Breakfast Sausage • Cocktail • Honey & Garlic • Apple & • Cinnamon • Maple & Brown Sugar • Bratwurst • BBQ Bratwurst • Hot Italian • Mild Italian • Chorizo • Turkey
- *British Bangers, Tomato Basil and Rosemary Garlic Sausages contain wheat crumbs. Careful practices are in place to prevent cross contamination.
• Thick Cut Bacon • Uncured Bacon • Ayreshire Bacon • Back Bacon • Piece Bacon • Piece Back Bacon •
• Bone-In Ham • Boneless Ham • E-Z Carve Ham • Smoked Picnics • Cottage Roll • Kassler Loin • Smoked Pork Chops • Smoked Ribs • Smoked Jowls • Smoked Hocks •
Where to Purchase Hertel Meats Products
49th Parallel Grocery • Butcher’s Block • Buy-Low Foods • Chemainus Foods • Choices Market • Country Grocers • Courtenay Country Market • Discovery Foods • Edgemont Market • Edible Island • Fairway Markets • Heritage Meats • IGA Marketplaces • Lantzville Market • Market Meats • Nesters Market • Old Country Market • Organic Grocer • Peninsula Co-op • Pepper’s Foods • Planet Organic • Quality Foods • Queensdale Market • Save-On-Foods • Sointula Co-op • Stong’s Market • Superette Foods • Super Valu • Gibsons • Thrifty Foods • Tofino Co-op • Tomm’s Food • Village Tru Value Foods • Ucluelet Co-op • Urban Fare • Village Food Markets • Westlynn Meats • Wheelhouse Seafoods