2401 Mt Newton Cross Rd
Saanichton, BC V8M 1T7
White Spot Restaurant next to the Canada Super 8 Motel offers an impressive protocol when it comes to gluten-free. On a recent visit, Manager Shaun formerly of the the Caledonia location in Victoria, took the time to walk me through how each gluten-free order is handled.
When we choose a gluten-free item noted on their menu staff will also provide us with their Food Allergy and Sensitivity Information Guide to make sure that we are are completely at ease with our order. The Guide also lists all of the other top allergens, and provides a special section for Kids Menu items
Shaun then blew my away by bring out not one, but two White Spot ‘Allergy Kits’ complete with an itemized list of dedicated utensil, cutting board, fry pan and fresh towels. He explained that when a gluten-free order is being prepared, the work area is first sanitized and the Allergy Kit is brought into action. After the meal is prepared, Allergy Kit items are run through the dishwasher, placed back into the container and and stored with a lid on top until the next gluten-free order is placed.
- Impressive in its simplicity! Bravo White Spot!
This particular location, adjacent to the Super 8 Motel location has a room that can be all ours so that we can get as wild and crazy as we celiacs are known/prone to be. There’s room for 25 of us – let’s party!
- Shared Fryer Baskets: although White Spot’s fryers are dedicated gluten and gluten-free, fryer baskets are dipped into both gluten and gluten-free fryers. Note that deep frying will not destroy trace amounts of gluten.
- White Spot’s Proviso: Our Gluten-friendly menu is available to assist our guests with their dietary needs and concerns. Although we do our best, White Spot Restaurants are not gluten-free and take no responsibility should cross-contamination occur.
Breakfast – Breakfast is available every day at our restaurants until 11am. Enjoy fresh crumbled smash brown potatoes or shredded hashbrowns.
The BC Sunny Start
- Crispy bacon, Cheddar cheese, grilled tomato & a fried egg with our famous Triple “O” sauce on our signature bun.* (Gluten-friendly bun).
- Roast beef sautéed with vegetables, Mozzarella & Jack cheese & our signature smashbrown potatoes* topped with two poached eggs & hollandaise sauce. (no toast).
- Choose from Ham & Brie, Candied Salmon & Goat Cheese, Tomato & Herb, or Bacon Broccoli & Cheese scrambles. Served with smashbrown potatoes*. (no toast).
Salads & Starters – Served after 11am. All of our gluten-friendly salads come without bread & croutons when ordered as a gluten-friendly entree.
Hot Chargrilled Chicken Salad
- A White Spot classic! Lemon-grilled chicken breast served over your choice of signature Caesar salad or The Spot’s salad (artisan greens & arugula with house vinaigrette, cranberries, sunflower seeds & toasted almonds). (no bread or croutons)
Tandoori Cauliflower Quinoa Salad
- Red quinoa & artisan greens with roasted tandoori cauliflower, vine-ripened tomatoes, edamame & grapes, goat cheese & almonds. (no bread)
Candied Salmon Spinach Salad
- Candied salmon, fresh strawberries, gingered pecans, red onion & goat cheese on spinach dressed with our house vinaigrette. (no bread)
Entrées – Served after 11am
Curried Quinoa Bowl
- Tandoori cauliflower, spinach, caramelized onions, grapes & maple roasted carrots served over red quinoa. Almonds & cilantro sour cream (no Naan bread).
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Fresh chicken breast, vine-ripened tomatoes, feta, mushrooms, bell peppers, red onion & gluten-free fusilli in a creamy tomato sauce. (no bread)
Chicken & Mushroom Fusilli Alfredo
- Lemon-grilled chicken breast over gluten-free fusilli tossed in a Parmesan cream sauce with sauteed mushrooms & spinach. (no bread)
Baby Back Ribs
- Tender slow roasted baby back ribs. Served with creamy coleslaw & ‘endless’ signature fries*. Full and half rack available. (regular BBQ sauce)
Since 1928, burgers are what have made White Spot famous. And that’s probably because all of our award-winning burgers are made with delicious ingredients! Enjoy the great taste of 100% fresh Canadian beef, fresh chicken breast, crisp lettuce to vine-ripened tomatoes and our secret Triple “O” sauce. And now, you can try our wholesome new gluten-free bun as a substitute for our regular bun. All of our burgers, with the exception of our Sriracha Portobello Veggie Burger, are gluten-friendly when served on our gluten free bun – made by Abbotsford’s Little Northern Bakehouse