Eggs, cream cheese, and cream of tartar are all you need to create these versatile fluffy, soft breads. Use them straight up with your favorite sandwich fillings, or toast and spread with butter and jam to serve with breakfast.
Cloud Bread is the perfect base for melted cheese or sopping up a runny egg. Fold in your favorite herbs, cheeses or spices into the batter for additional flavor. Experiment with different sizes and shapes and stop missing bread for good!
Our thanks to Sheri Silver for these recipes!*
Cloud Bread Recipe
makes 8-10 • can be doubled
3 eggs • 3 tablespoons cream cheese • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in the bowl of your mixer along with the cream cheese. Let everything come to room temperature.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the yolks and cream cheese until smooth and completely blended. Then transfer it to a medium bowl. Clean and dry your mixer bowl and attachment.
- Place the egg whites in the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until frothy and covered in bubbles. Add the cream of tartar and increase the speed to high. Beat until stiff peaks form, which is about 3-5 minutes.
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture in three additions. Be careful not to over-mix because it will deflate the egg whites. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to dollop the batter onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. If using as a pizza base, remove from oven when it is light golden brown (you’ll be returning the breads to the oven). Otherwise, remove from oven when it is medium golden brown. Transfer breads to a wire rack to cool; use immediately or freeze for longer storage.
Individual Cloud Bread Breakfast Pizzas: makes 2 • can be doubled or tripled
- 2 strips of thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloud breads
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Cook the bacon in a hot skillet until browned on both sides. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Pour off all but a tablespoon of bacon fat and cook the eggs as desired.
- Place the cloud breads on a cookie sheet and add the shredded cheddar. Add the bacon slices on top, followed by the eggs. Run the pizzas under the broiler until the cheese melts and add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan, if desired.