Grimm’s Naturally Fermented Foods are filled with probiotic bacteria
that promote good gut flora and contribute to overall digestive health.*
What are naturally fermented foods?
- Naturally fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut, pickles and kimchi have been around for ages.
- Traditionally, lacto- fermentation was used as a way to preserve food before the days of refrigeration.
- Only recently have come to understand the health benefits associated with these naturally fermented foods.
Why are naturally fermented foods good for celiacs?
- It is believed that eighty-percent of our immune system is in our gut.
- The immune system deals with aging, infection, general health and disease.
- Naturally fermented foods using lactobacillus are filled with probiotic bacteria that promote good gut flora and contribute to good overall digestive health.
What are the benefits for celiacs of consuming fermented foods?
- Promote the growth of friendly bacteria in your intestine
- Aids in digestion
- Provide you with an excellent source of vitamins B6, B12 and K2, as well as dietary fibre
- Help with absorption of enzymes and minerals that are vital to a healthy diet
What is natural fermentation?
- Most pickles and sauerkraut you find on grocery store shelves have been processed using vinegar and calcium chloride.
- The food is cooked under extreme heat and pasteurized, killing off any friendly bacteria and losing its nutritional value.
What fermentation process does Grimm’s Fine Foods use?
- Lacto-fermentation. Lactobacillus bacteria go to work on the sugars present in the food, and convert them to lactic acid.
- This process acts a natural preservative, stopping harmful bacteria from multiplying, allowing beneficial probiotic bacteria to thrive.
- It also makes the pickles, sauerkraut and kimchi taste delicious!
Why should you keep naturally fermented foods in the refrigerator?
- Grimm’s Naturally Fermented Foods use traditional methods, and so contain live cultures.
- This not only means that they taste great and are healthy for your gut, but also that the fermentation process is still happening.
- Storing them in a refrigerator slows this process, making sure they retain the flavour that Grimm’s is famous for.
*Experts explore how probiotic bacteria can promote good gut flora, contribute to overall digestive health and may event prevent digestive diseases.
- Superfoods for Optimal Gluten-Free Gut Health
- Gut Bacteria vs Celiac Disease. Smoking Gun? Innocent Bystander?
- Study Points to More Reasons to Avoid Inappropriate Antibiotic Use
- Epidemic of Autoimmune Diseases Blamed on Shift in Microbiome
- What’s New in Gastroenterology: Microbiome + Celiac Disease Pathology
- Gluten-Free Diet Induces Changes In Gut Microbiome
- Distinct Bacteria Found in Duodenums of Celiacs
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) Can Mimic Gluten Exposure
All of Grimm’s meat products are gluten-free, soy-free and made without added MSG. A huge selection of their products are also lactose-free. Grimm’s gluten-free tortillas are endorsed by the Canadian Celiac Association!
Be Dazzled by Grimm’s Enormous Selection of Celiac-Safe Foods
- ORIGINAL BAVARIAN SMOKIES • BACON & CHEDDAR BAVARIAN SMOKIES • CHEDDAR BAVARIAN SMOKIES • JALAPENO & CHEDDAR BAVARIAN SMOKIES • SIZZLIN’ ALL BEEF SMOKIES • SIZZLIN’ CHEDDAR SMOKIES • SIZZLIN’ CHEDDAR WITH BACON SMOKIES • SIZZLIN’ JALAPENO & MOZZARELLA SMOKIES • SIZZLIN’ ORIGINAL SMOKIES • SIZZLIN’ SMOKIE VARIETY PACK
- BAVARIAN MEATLOAF • BEER SAUSAGE • HAM SAUSAGE WITH GARLIC • LYONA SAUSAGE • SUMMER SAUSAGE • HOME STYLE ROAST BEEF • HOME STYLE ROAST BEEF WITH GARLIC • MONTREAL STYLE SMOKED BEEF • CAPICOLLI • HOT CAPICOLLI • PASTRAMI • PIZZA PEPPERONI • PIZZA SALAMI • EUROPEAN WIENERS • ORIGINAL BAVARIAN SMOKIES • BLACK FOREST HAM • CANADIAN BACK BACON • CANADIAN BACK BACON MINI • CLASSIC HAM • HONEY & MAPLE FLAVOUR HAM • HONEY HAM • MAPLE FLAVOUR HAM • OLD FASHIONED HAM • NEW ORLEANS STYLE TURKEY BREAST • SEASONED TURKEY BREAST • SMOKED TURKEY BREAST • SMOKED TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY
- CANADIAN BACK BACON ROUNDS • DOUBLE SMOKED SIDE BACON • FESTIVE HAM • FESTIVE HAM HALVES • OLD FASHIONED HAM HALF • OLD FASHIONED HAM MINI
- HONEY & GARLIC MINI PEPS • ORIGINAL MINI PEPS • HOT MINI PEPS • TURKEY MINI PEPS •HONEY & GARLIC PEPPERONI BITES • HOT PEPPERONI BITES • ORIGINAL PEPPERONI BITES • TURKEY PEPPERONI BITES • HOT PEPPERONI • HONEY & GARLIC PEPPERONI • ORIGINAL PEPPERONI • ORIGINAL PEPPERONI (YOURS NATURALLY) • TURKEY PEPPERONI (YOURS NATURALLY) • TOPPERS – DRY PIZZA PEPPERONI • HOT & SWEET BEEF JERKY • ORIGINAL BEEF JERKY • ORIGINAL BEEF JERKY • PEPPER BEEF JERKY • TERIYAKI BEEF JERKY • TERIYAKI BEEF JERKY
- COUNTRY CLASSIC SAUSAGE • DOUBLE SMOKED UKRAINIAN SAUSAGE • FINE GARLIC SAUSAGE • HAM GARLIC SAUSAGE • KOLBASSA SAUSAGE • MENNONITE STYLE FARMER SAUSAGE • POLISH SAUSAGE • GARLIC SAUSAGE • ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE • BRATWURST SAUSAGE • BREAKFAST SAUSAGE • CHORIZO SAUSAGE • BRITISH BANGER SAUSAGE • SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE • HERB LIVER SAUSAGE • FINE LIVER SAUSAGE
- BLACK FOREST HAM • HAM SAUSAGE WITH GARLIC • HONEY & MAPLE FLAVOUR HAM • HONEY HAM • OLD FASHIONED HAM • PIZZA HAM • PIZZA PACK • PIZZA PEPPERONI • PIZZA SALAMI • SEASONED TURKEY BREAST • SMOKED TURKEY BREAST • ALL BEEF SALAMI • MONTREAL STYLE SMOKED BEEF • HOME STYLE ROAST BEEF • SUBMARINE PACK
- CORN TORTILLAS • GLUTEN FREE RICE TORTILLA • GLUTEN FREE BROWN RICE TORTILLA
- Grimm’s gluten- free tortillas are made with rice flour, which are not as pliable as those made with wheat. Gluten-free tortillas work best when heated. Grimm’s recommends wrapping the tortillas in paper towel and heating in the microwave for 10-15 second per tortilla.