Benjamin Bites are the go-to cookie for everyone who loves a delicious treat – and anyone who needs to eat gluten-free or allergy-free (no eggs, soy, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame seeds or sulphites.) Better yet – one Benjamin’s Bites cookie (25 gr) contains only 110 calories. Their Brownies (23 gr) clock in at just 100!
Does your favourite coffee shop carry Benjamin’s Bites? Maybe they should!
Have them contact [email protected] or call 250-884-3093 to arrange for a delivery!
- Debbie discovered her son, Benjamin, had multiple food allergies so she started making him his own cookies.
- Benjamin’s Bites contain no gluten, eggs, soy, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame seeds or sulphites.
- She doesn’t have a background in baking, but her mom is an amazing cook, so it came naturally (there was more than one dessert at their house at all times).
- Her cookies were a huge hit at playgroups, so she decided to sell them. She’s now in her third year of business.
- At the moment, Debbie is a one-woman show but hopes to grow the company in the future!
- When Debbie picks Benjamin up from school, she usually has a little cookie for him in her pocket!
- Benjamin prefers to eat his cookies a little cool, but still enjoys them hot out of the oven as well.
- The best compliment she has received is “Oh my goodness, they taste normal”. Her goal was to create an allergen-free cookie that tastes like the ones her mom used to make.
- Debbie’s first job was a childhood educator – for almost 26 years!
- She was born and raised in Victoria, BC.
- If she could take a visitor to BC anywhere, she’d take them somewhere that shows off Victoria’s greenery, like Beacon Hill or Goldstream Park.
- She’s a vegetarian but eats fish once in a while (she is from the coast after all!)
- As well as baking, Debbie loves to cook. Benjamin’s favourite is the Chickpea Daal she makes.
- After a hard day at work, she likes to hang out with her family – go for walks, to the library, or swimming!
- Beyond enjoying her allergy-friendly cookies as a treat, try them in these Thrifty Foods Recipes!
Learn how Thrifty Foods Makes Gluten-Free Living Easier for the gluten-free in Victoria, Vancouver Island and in Metro Vancouver.