Gluten-Free Events Calendar
If it’s gluten free and happening in Victoria, Vancouver Island or the Gulf Islands, you’ll find it listed here! From tastings to contests, farmer’s markets to food trucks – this is your calendar to Gluten-Free Paradise! Join Victoria’s Gluten-Free Foodies and add a new restaurant – and possibly a new gluten-free friend – to your repertoire!
Wish you could try before you buy pricey gluten-free food? Here is your chance! Join Ellen Bayens of The Celiac Scene for a fun and informative taste extravaganza! Second and fourth Saturday of every month Lifestyle Markets on Douglas Street between 12 and 2 pm. Look for Ellen’s smile in the fabulous new Organic Bulk Food Department. No diagnosis or RSVP required.
Brought to you by Cascadia Gluten-Free, Oat-Free Granola – made in Vancouver by a mom who cares.
A half-cup serving provides 16% of daily protein, 15% of fibre, 12% of iron and loads of B vitamins and trace minerals. The good fats come from coconut, nuts and seeds and just a little bit from pure olive oil. With yogurt and fruit it’s a breakfast that lasts.
And YES! It’s gluten-free. Ingredients have been sourced carefully, then prepared and baked in a gluten-free commercial kitchen. Just to make sure, it has been tested using ELISA technology. It’s safe!
My favourite way to enjoy Cascadia Gluten-Free Granola is by the handful – right out of the bag! A more restrained consumer may have sufficient quantities left over to give this oat-free, gluten-free brand a go in any number of permutations! Make every ounce last!
- Mixed with yogurt and fruit at breakfast
- Use as a topping for a baked apple!
- Apply liberally to your favourite ice cream!
- Add to your favourite gluten-free muffin recipe
- Bake it in – or as a topping on – gluten-free bread
- Make granola bars with just 3 ingredients: honey, peanut butter and chocolate!
- Roll bananas in granola and freeze
- Top a salad with it
- Toss it with (gluten-free) oatmeal for a crunchy twist
- Add it to smoothies
- Soften it up with heated milk and let sit. Devour
- Use instead of bread crumbs for stuffing
- Crush and roll chicken in it before baking
- Eat straight-up with Royal Nuts Gluten-Free Nuts, Seeds & Dried Fruit as add-ins
- Make a new gluten-free friend! Pour Cascadia into decorative a cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
Cascadia Gluten-Free Granola has the approval of the Victoria and Vancouver Chapters of Canadian Celiac Association.
The sheer volume of celiac-friendly products that Lifestyle Markets carries has taken over the entire store!
Now EVERY AISLE is ‘safe for celiacs,’ thanks to their ‘Wee Gluten-Free’ shelf tags. Look for the orange labels that shout out EACH and EVERY gluten-free item in throughout the store! Same goes for Lifestyle Markets’ sister store on Cook Street and Lifestyle Select in Sidney!
View their complete Gluten-Free Product List
For more than 20 years, Lifestyle Markets on Douglas Street in Victoria, BC was known as the ‘first-stop-one-shop’ for anyone new to the diet or new to town. Lifestyle Markets offers the most comprehensive selection of gluten-free flours and baking ingredients in British Columbia.