Got a craving for french fries cooked in a dedicated gluten-free deep fryer? Check out the Celiac Scene’s list of restaurants in Victoria and across Vancouver Island that are ready, willing and able to take your order!
Special Mention! Deep-Fried Plantains and Cassava!
- La Fogata Latina • 749 View St, Victoria • deep-fried plantain & cassava! See map here
- Pirate Chips • 75 Front St, Nanaimo • Full Details Here
- Six Mile Pub • 494 Old Island Hwy, View Royal • GF halibut, fries, yam fries, calamari, wings Full Details Here
- Union Street Grill & Grotto • 477 5th St, Courtenay • Comprehensive GF menu Full Details Here
- Beacon Landing • 2537 Beacon Ave, Sidney. See map here
- Big Wheel Burger • 341 Cook St, Victoria. • + GF buns for burgers. See map here
- Bin 4 Burger Lounge
- Cowichan Bay Seafood • Hudson Market, Victoria. • All batters GF, dedicated fryer. See map here
- Dick’s Fish and Chips • 1003 Island Hwy, Campbell River. See map here
- Earl’s Kitchen + Bar • 1199 Gov’t St, Victoria. • All Earl’s locations have dedicated fryers
- Fish Store at Fisherman’s Wharf • 12 Erie St, Victoria. • + sorghum-flour battered fish, oysters. See map here
- Irish Times Pub • 1200 Government St, Victoria. • + GF beer, safe fries, can adapt other menu items. See map here
- Nando’s • 2401 Millstream Rd, Langford. • order without Peri-Peri seasoning See map here
- New York Fries • Bay Centre Downtown, Mayfair Mall, Hillside Mall, Victoria. • Fresh cut potatoes, ask for salt only.
- Red Robin • 800 Tolmie Ave, Victoria. • + GF buns for burgers, excellent protocol. See map here
- Rumrunner Pub & Restaurant • 9881 Seaport Pl, Sidney. • + Rice-flour battered fish, avoid yam fries. See map here
- Tartan Toque • 1507 Pandora, Victoria. • + Deep fried onion nest, wings. See map here
- White Spot • 710 Caledonia, Victoria. • Confirm that deep fryer is dedicated. See map here