Invite a Friend for FREE!
- Register for the class you would like to attend from now until June 30, 2020.
- The registration form will ask you for your friend’s email.
- GFKOB will email your friend with a COUPON code.
- Your friend simply goes online to book a class, then uses the COUPON code to wave the charge.
- The two of you can attend a class together … even if you live a province, state or world apart!
How KOB Classes Work!
- Register for a class of your choice at glutenfreekob.com
- Pay via PayPal (create a PayPal account here) or credit card when registering
- Sign up for ZOOM (free sign up here) to attend the online class
- A ‘sign-in’ link for Zoom will be emailed to you
- On the day and time of the class, click on the link that was provided.
- Check the KOB Class Schedule Now!
- Sign up for your 20% Discount
- GlutenFreeKob.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • [email protected]
Teresa studied dietary technology, owned a gluten-free bakery and is a veteran of many hands-on baking classes taught in the Beaumont, Alberta community, just outside of Edmonton. Teresa is diagnosed celiac who bakes full time for herself and her celiac teenager. With a husband who is a Type 1 diabetic, Teresa’s hands are full. She is eager to to share what she has learned with us!
• Game-changing techniques that will forever change how your baking turns out
• How ingredients work to give texture and structure
• Straightforward recipes with proven results
• Tools that make baking ‘a piece of cake’
• Learn the why behind gluten-free techniques
• Convert favourite family recipes to gluten free
• Weighing versus measuring ingredients
• Tips on grinding your own grains
• Making the most of thermometers
• How to adapt recipes to dairy-free, egg-free & sugar-free
• Sign up to take classes with family and friends who may live in other cities / countries
Scroll down to read The Celiac Scene’s Review!
Better than YouTube! Classes are conducted via Zoom – the online classroom that allows for interactive video conferencing – from the comfort of your own home.
Let Teresa do the work while you watch and learn. Sign Up for Zoom • Pay online via PayPal or credit card.
Classes are $15 each.
Become A KOB Member (just $10) and enjoy a 20% discount all year long!
Learn more here!
The Celiac Scene Review!
On the day of the class, I logged onto the ZOOM link that Teresa provided a few minutes ahead of time. By toggling on the icons at the bottom of the screen, I was able to adjust my audio and video preferences. As other attendees came online, I was able to see their faces and first names on my screen.
When Teresa came online, she introduced herself as a diagnosed celiac with a teenaged son who also has CD. Baking is in Teresa’s blood. Her father was a professional baker and her grandmother was the inspiration behind many of Teresa’s family’s traditional recipes. Upon her diagnosis with CD, Teresa adapted those favorites to gluten free.
With her son’s subsequent diagnosis, she knew she had to make them more nutritious, yet still be delicious! Those recipes formed the foundation of the gluten-free bakery she went on to establish. Teresa had a desire to share those recipes – and strategies – for successful gluten-free baking with others so she began offering in-person baking classes out of her home in Beaumont, Alberta, just outside of Edmonton.
With the onset of the COVID crisis and the social distancing that we are all practicing, Teresa adapted her hands-on classes to online. Gluten Free KOB was born!
8 of us attended her ‘Gluten-Free Flour’ class and I have to admit, it felt like a bit of a party to be with others who were also interested in gluten-free baking. Some were celiacs themselves while others were baking on behalf of family and friends who were gluten free.
The class is videotaped in Teresa’s kitchen, where she had ingredients pre-measured for the Blueberry Muffins she would be making. As she worked her way through the steps, Teresa carefully explained how to source truly gluten-free ingredients as well as how to measure and mix them for the very best results. Her tips and techniques were gluten-free game changers! Now I know why my baking was not turning out as it should. These strategies alone make the class worthwhile.
- What temperature should ingredients be?
- How long and how hard to beat gluten-free batters?
- Why it is important to let your batter rest between mixing and baking?
- How long to cool and even how long to wait before enjoying your baking?
Through time lapse video taping, we were taken through the baking process from start to finish and even enjoyed ’seeing’ how the muffins looked ‘inside’ as they came out of the oven. Teresa answered questions that came up for us during the class and provided us with the brands she uses and where to purchase them locally and online.
When the 45 minute session wrapped up, I promptly received an email from Teresa with the recipe for the muffins attached and an invitation to follow www.glutenfreeKOB.com for more classes. Classes are $15 each or purchase a KOB membership and enjoy a 20% discount all year long! Learn more here!