If you like delicious vegetarian comfort food with a Mediterranean twist Habibi’s Mediterranean Foods needs to be in your repertoire. Family owned since 2008, Habibi’s has been producing delicious natural dips and other products inspired by Mediterranean and Middle Eastern kitchens since 2008. Better yet, this gluten-free, non-GMO, all-natural vegan* brand is now available on Vancouver Island! Scroll down to see their selection.
- *Tsatziki & Labneh contain dairy
Buy Habibi’s at Lifestyle Markets • Country Grocer • Red Barn Markets • Fairway Markets • Whole Foods
- Selection may vary from store to store
Habibi’s offer a wide-range of Hummus Dips, Tsatziki, Baba Ganoush, Lebanese-Style Garlic Sauce and Labneh – a traditional strained-yogurt cheese. Habibi’s has recently launched a line of Cashew Dips & Spreads in Thai Chili, Chipotle and Sweet Onion Cumin. All products are additive-free, preservative-free and have no fillers.*
Cashew Dips and Spreads!
- Our line of dips are made with the wholesome cashew nut which is gently sweet and buttery providing a rich creamy texture that can satisfy even the most devout dairy lover. Great options for hummus lovers who can not tolerate chickpeas, are allergic to sesame or those who follow a specific diet.
Thai Chili Cashew Dip & Spread
- Our new crowd favorite! Invite this Thailand-Middle-East fusion to your next picnic or house party and it will get along with everyone – rice, salads, salad rolls and more!
- Fresh Orange Pepper, Cashews, Organic Agave Nectar, Fresh Garlic, Fresh lemongrass, Fresh Ginger, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Chili powder
Chipotle Cashew Dip & Spread
- This is chipotle the way it was meant to be – with your socks knocked off! Spicy and sweet, don’t let that fool your taste buds – the heat is sure to follow. Perfect as a dip, spread or as a condiment for your fries, pizza, wings. Works fantastic with tacos, burritos and even burgers. You can’t beat this heat!
- Fresh Red Pepper, Cashews, Organic Agave Nectar, Fresh Garlic, Chipotle Pepper Powder, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Vinegar
Sweet Onion & Cumin Dip & Spread
- Can’t take the heat but craving a delicious treat? This one is filled with flavor! Great for topping a salad, rice, burritos, burgers and fish. Try this one with a burger fresh off the BBQ. Don’t be shy!
- Fresh Yellow Peppers, Cashews, Fresh Onion, Organic Agave Nectar, Cumin, Turmeric, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Vinegar
Habibi’s Hummus in Six Great Flavours
Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus
- The ‘go-to-hummus’ for olive lovers. It’s well rounded flavor makes it a wonderful addition to your cheese and charcuterie board.
- Chick Peas, Tahini, Kalamata Olives, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Beirut Style Za’atar & Cumin Hummus
- An amazing mix of the most popular Middle-eastern spices – cumin and Za’atar (wild thyme, sesame seeds, oregano and sumac) blended into Lebanese-style hummus. It’s named ‘Beirut-style’ because it is found in trendy bars and restaurants in that most cosmopolitan of Middle-Eastern cities.
- Chick Peas, Tahini, Garlic, Olive Oil, Za’atar, Cumin, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Citric Acid
Fire Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- A sweet and savory hummus for those wanting to go a step beyond traditional hummus but not too far out of their comfort zone. (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Chick Peas, Roasted Red Pepper, Tahini, Fresh Garlic, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sea Salt. Citric Acid
Lebanese Style Hummus
- This is hummus the way the Lebanese love it! A little thick and a lot garlic, it offers a huge flavour bite. As close as you can get to traditional hummus the way Gramma made it! (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Chickpeas, Fresh Garlic, Tahini, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sea salt, Citric Acid
Basil & Garlic Hummus
- This is a one-of-a-kind flavour you’ll only find with Habibi’s. Absolutely delicious – a fresh and summery taste, you can enjoy all year round. (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Ingredients: Chick peas, Tahini, Olive Oil, Fresh Garlic, Vinegar, Fresh Basil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Natural Sriracha Jalapeno
- A wonderful mix of Sriracha and fresh Jalapeno Peppers makes it the tastiest hummus on the market. Not overpowering, for those with a moderate pallet – ideal for anyone who loves spice.
- Chick Peas, Tahini, Garlic, Olive Oil, Sriracha, Jalapeno Peppers, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Tsatziki Greek Yogurt Dip
- 100% Greek Yogurt (contains no gelatin or sour cream) filled with the flavor where we added the secret ingredient of Za’atar (wild thyme, sesame seeds, oregano and sumac) for an extra kick. The yogurt is straight from a local farmer in Abbottsford, BC.
- About citic acid: A natural preservative to maintain freshness, citric acid exists in a variety of fruits and vegetables. Citric acid is an organic acid that is a component of all aerobic living organisms — most abundantly in citrus fruit. This weak acid is an effective preservative and has been used for processed foods for more than 100 years.
- Yogurt, Cucumber, Garlic, Onion, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Za’atar, Citric Acid
Baba Ganoush Smoked Egg Plant Dip
- This wonderful mixture of smoked eggplant and chickpeas is the closest you can get to eating a Baba Ganoush in a village south of Lebanon. A powerhouse in nutrition and flavor, try it with pomegranate-molasses, or spread it over fresh pomegranates and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Smoked Eggplant, Chick Peas, Tahini, Garlic, Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Citric Acid
Lebanese Garlic Sauce, Spread & Marinade
- Habibi’s Lebanese Garlic Sauce is light, fluffy and packed with flavour. A traditional Middle Eastern spread that is typically used as a side to BBQ chicken and other meats it is absolutely delicious and a vegan superstar.
- An essential for any garlic lover and so versatile so it can be used in your every day – salad dressing, to saute vegetables or as a simple spread or dip. Something every garlic lover needs to have in their household.
- Fresh Garlic, Certified Non-GMO Canola Oil, Potato, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Labneh – Strained Yogurt Cheese
- Habibi’s sources BC milk and delivers it to a local company in North Vancouver who turns it into pure 6% Greek yogurt without additives and especially, no gelatin. The yogurt is then strained through cheese cloth for 48 hours and the result is a traditional Middle Eastern Yogurt Cheese so creamy you won’t believe it. You’re going to love Habibi’s Labneh! (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Spreadable and creamy and made from 100% Greek yogurt, Labneh is made from the yogurt Habibi’s uses in their Tsatziki. Use on your choice of bread or simply drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and dip away.
- It is strained for days to release as much yogurt whey as possible turning the remaining yogurt to a thick fresh cheese.
- Labneh tends to develop more complex flavours as it ages, which typically occurs one to two weeks after it is made.
- Milk, Sea Salt
- Hummus is packed with protein, vitamins, calcium, and minerals?
- Hummus is cholesterol free.
- The fat found in hummus is the ‘healthy,’ unsaturated kind.
- Hummus contains copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc.
- Hummus tastes best when made by family in BC! 😉
Habibi’s 5-Star Testimonials
- I love Habibis hummus! I always choose Habibi’s Hummus because of the low-fat, I have at least 2 types in my fridge every day! The basil garlic is my favourite. I also love the eggplant dip! If the company could make their new products low-fat I would buy them all!
- I met Balinda and Reno this past weekend doing a demo at the whole foods market in Burnaby. The products were delicious! I tasted their new garlic spread and also their cashew onion dip, and both were amazing! Thanks! … Carla
- I’ve always loved Habibi’s, ever since their start on West Broadway. Although I’ve missed the restaurant (best lentil soup EVER) I’ve taken solace in their amazing products. You can’t go wrong with any of them. I’ve been obsessed with their Lebanese Garlic Spread … just spread on fresh bread but equally stellar in whipped potatoes or sautéed veggies. I just wish I could find it in more stores … Kerstin
- Our family LOVES the products! Our baby devours the Basil & Garlic hummus. It was one of the first foods he really took to and I have peace of mind knowing he is getting a healthy product free of artificial colours and flavours. Keep up the great work with clean and healthy products for our kids. We had the pleasure of meeting the owners and this family run business is genuine and doing things right. Be sure to support these folks!:-) we wish you great success … Sabrina
- Love the hummus dips and pita chips, great for small get together’s with friends or family. Healthy alternative to processed chips and dips … Darren
- I love their olive tapenade flavour hummus. It makes lunch prep easy. Yummm … Maggie
- I like the jalapeño one, not spicy … Tracy
- Tried the Tzatziki today, and it is wonderful … Sea
- Love your garlic hummus! Nom nom … Neil
*Health Benefits of Cashews:
- Very nutritious and a powerhouse of proteins and essential minerals including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc, cashews are originally native to the coastal areas of northeastern Brazil. Cashews also contain vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate and vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6. Cashews are a source of oleic acid and provide a good quantity of monounsaturated fat and low amounts of polyunsaturated fats. Health benefits of cashews include a healthy heart, strong nerve and muscle function, improved bone and oral health, relief from diabetes, anemia and gallstones. By offering antioxidant defenses, they also aid in the formation of red blood cells and encourage a better immune system. Cashews are a good source of healthy dietary fats that are good for the heart and help to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) if consumed in appropriate quantities, even in individuals with diabetes.