Habibi’s started off as a local restaurant on West Broadway – the first in Vancouver to introduce an all-vegetarian menu featuring traditional Middle-Eastern style cuisine. Habibi’s Restaurant enjoyed an amazing following with a reputation for good food that lasts to this day.
When the time came for the restaurant to close it doors, Abe bought the business and Jeff soon joined him as co-owner. Both were determined to carry on the Habibi’s torch. With help from Abe’s mom Mona – famous in her own right as the owner of Mona’s Lebanese Cuisine South Vancouver – they breathed life into Habibi’s famous hummus, blended in some of Mona’s old-world recipes – and brought traditional home-made hummus to retailers across British Columbia! Better yet, this gluten-free, non-GMO, all-natural vegan* brand is now available on Vancouver Island! Scroll down to see their selection!
- *Labneh and Tsatziki contain dairy
Where to Buy Habibi’s! Country Grocer • Red Barn Markets • Fairway Market • Whole Foods
- Selection may vary from store to store
Habibi’s offer a wide-range of Hummus Dips, Tsatziki, Baba Ganoush, Lebanese-Style Garlic Sauce and Labneh – a traditional strained-yogurt cheese. Habibi’s has recently launched a line of Cashew Dips & Spreads in Thai Chili, Chipotle and Sweet Onion Cumin. All products are additive-free, preservative-free and have no fillers.
Cashew Dips and Spreads!
- Great options for hummus lovers who can not tolerate chickpeas, are allergic to sesame or those who follow a specific diet.
Thai Chili Cashew Dip & Spread
- Our new crowd favorite! Invite this Thailand-Middle-East fusion to your next picnic or house party and it will get along with everyone – rice, salads, salad rolls and more!
- Fresh Orange Pepper, Cashews, Organic Agave Nectar, Fresh Garlic, Fresh lemongrass, Fresh Ginger, Citric acid, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Chili powder
Chipotle Cashew Dip & Spread
- This is chipotle the way it was meant to be – with your socks knocked off! Spicy and sweet, don’t let that fool your taste buds – the heat is sure to follow. Perfect as a dip, spread or as a condiment for your fries, pizza, wings. Works fantastic with tacos, burritos and even burgers. You can’t beat this heat!
- Fresh Red Pepper, Cashews, Organic Agave Nectar, Fresh Garlic, Chipotle Pepper Powder, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Vinegar
Sweet Onion & Cumin Dip & Spread
- Can’t take the heat but craving a delicious treat? This one is filled with flavor! Great for topping a salad, rice, burritos, burgers and fish.
- Fresh Yellow Peppers, Cashews, Fresh Onion, Organic Agave Nectar, Cumin, Turmeric, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Vinegar
Habibi’s Hummus in Six Great Flavours
Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus
- The ‘go-to-hummus’ for olive lovers. It’s well rounded flavor makes it a wonderful addition to your cheese and charcuterie board.
- Chick Peas, Tahini, Kalamata Olives, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Beirut Style Za’atar & Cumin Hummus
- An amazing mix of the most popular Middle-eastern spices – cumin and Za’atar (wild thyme, sesame seeds, oregano and sumac) blended into Lebanese-style hummus. It’s named ‘Beirut-style’ because it is found in trendy bars and restaurants in that most cosmopolitan of Middle-Eastern cities.
- Chick Peas, Tahini, Garlic, Olive Oil, Za’atar, Cumin, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Citric Acid
Fire Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- A sweet and savory hummus for those wanting to go a step beyond traditional hummus but not too far out of their comfort zone. (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Chick Peas, Roasted Red Pepper, Tahini, Fresh Garlic, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sea Salt. Citric Acid
Lebanese Style Hummus
- This is hummus the way the Lebanese love it! A little thick and a lot garlic, it offers a huge flavour bite. As close as you can get to traditional hummus the way Gramma made it! (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Chickpeas, Fresh Garlic, Tahini, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sea salt, Citric Acid
Basil & Garlic Hummus
- This is a one-of-a-kind flavour you’ll only find with Habibi’s. Absolutely delicious – a fresh and summery taste, you can enjoy all year round. (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Ingredients: Chick peas, Tahini, Olive Oil, Fresh Garlic, Vinegar, Fresh Basil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Natural Sriracha Jalapeno
- A wonderful mix of Sriracha and fresh Jalapeno Peppers makes it the tastiest hummus on the market. Not overpowering, for those with a moderate pallet – ideal for anyone who loves spice.
- Chick Peas, Tahini, Garlic, Olive Oil, Sriracha, Jalapeno Peppers, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Tsatziki Greek Yogurt Dip
- 100% Greek Yogurt (contains no gelatin or sour cream) filled with the flavor where we added the secret ingredient of Za’atar (wild thyme, sesame seeds, oregano and sumac) for an extra kick. The yogurt is straight from a local farmer in Abbottsford, BC.
- Yogurt, Cucumber, Garlic, Onion, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Za’atar, Citric Acid
Baba Ganoush Smoked Egg Plant Dip
- This wonderful mixture of smoked eggplant and chickpeas is the closest you can get to eating a Baba Ganoush in a village south of Lebanon. A powerhouse in nutrition and flavor, try it with pomegranate-molasses, or spread it over fresh pomegranates and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Smoked Eggplant, Chick Peas, Tahini, Garlic, Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Citric Acid
Lebanese Garlic Sauce, Spread & Marinade
- A traditional Middle-Eastern spread typically used as a side to BBQ chicken and other meats. An essential for any garlic lover and so versatile so it can be used in your every day – salad dressing, to saute vegetables or as a simple spread or dip.
- Fresh Garlic, Certified Non-GMO Canola Oil, Potato, Sea Salt, Citric Acid
Labneh – Strained Yogurt Cheese
- Habibi’s sources BC milk and delivers it to a local company in North Vancouver who turns it into pure 6% Greek yogurt without additives and especially, no gelatin. The yogurt is then strained through cheese cloth for 48 hours and the result is a traditional Middle Eastern Yogurt Cheese so creamy you won’t believe it. You’re going to love Habibi’s Labneh! (also available in 450 gr tub)
- Milk, Sea Salt
- Hummus is packed with protein, vitamins, calcium, and minerals?
- Hummus is cholesterol free.
- The fat found in hummus is the ‘healthy,’ unsaturated kind.
- Hummus contains copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc.
- Hummus tastes best when made by family in BC! 😉
Habibi’s 5-Star Testimonials
- I love Habibis hummus! I always choose Habibi’s Hummus because of the low-fat, I have at least 2 types in my fridge every day! The basil garlic is my favourite. I also love the eggplant dip! If the company could make their new products low-fat I would buy them all!
- I met Balinda and Reno this past weekend doing a demo at the whole foods market in Burnaby. The products were delicious! I tasted their new garlic spread and also their cashew onion dip, and both were amazing! Thanks! … Carla
- I’ve always loved Habibi’s, ever since their start on West Broadway. Although I’ve missed the restaurant (best lentil soup EVER) I’ve taken solace in their amazing products. You can’t go wrong with any of them. I’ve been obsessed with their Lebanese Garlic Spread … just spread on fresh bread but equally stellar in whipped potatoes or sautéed veggies. I just wish I could find it in more stores … Kerstin
- Our family LOVES the products! Our baby devours the Basil & Garlic hummus. It was one of the first foods he really took to and I have peace of mind knowing he is getting a healthy product free of artificial colours and flavours. Keep up the great work with clean and healthy products for our kids. We had the pleasure of meeting the owners and this family run business is genuine and doing things right. Be sure to support these folks!:-) we wish you great success … Sabrina
- Love the hummus dips and pita chips, great for small get together’s with friends or family. Healthy alternative to processed chips and dips … Darren
- I love their olive tapenade flavour hummus. It makes lunch prep easy. Yummm … Maggie
- I like the jalapeño one, not spicy … Tracy
- Tried the Tzatziki today, and it is wonderful … Sea
- Love your garlic hummus! Nom nom … Neil