Happyditty! Gluten-Free Confections has gone into high gear to offer Victoria a huge array of Christmas treats! Order your holiday confections now from cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cookies and candies!
- 6″ GF cakes – only $20, available in chocolate, mocha, coconut, and vanilla. Your choice of frosting colours, or holiday design.
- 8″ GF cakes – $35 for chocolate, vanilla, coconut, mocha, OR, for December only – carrot and German Chocolate. Your choice of frosting colours, or a holiday design.
- Cupcakes – $20 per dozen for standard size chocolate, coconut, vanilla, or mocha. Holiday sprinkles on top, unless another style is requested.
- Mini Cupcakes – $15 for a box of 25. Chocolate, vanilla, or mocha. If multiple boxes are ordered, each box after the first is only $10 per box of 25. Holiday sprinkles included unless another style is requested.
- Red Wine and Cherry Cupcakes – $35 per dozen.
- Brownies – $15 per dozen frosted, or $12 per dozen unfrosted.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – $10 per dozen for standard size, or $20 per dozen for large.
- Buckeye candies (peanut butter candies dipped in chocolate) – $35 for 100.
*GF Crème brûlée and Tiramisu available for an additional fee. Just ask!
All orders for December 20-23 must be placed no later than December 15 to allow for adequate scheduling. Pick up or delivering arrangements can be made when you place your order.
Happyditty! Open House! Saturday, December 23rd from 1-4pm at 1213 Millstream Avenue in Langford. Samples will be out, Christmas music will be playing and pick-ups for those who have placed orders can happen any time during those hours. There will be a small selection of ready-to-take-home items available for immediate purchase, including gift boxes.
Scroll down for an album of happyditty’s gluten-free items, all made with Vancouver Island’s very own Bake My Day Flour from Duncan, BC.
Whether you need hundreds of cupcakes for a large function or event, or a dozen freshly-baked cookies for movie night at home – just let Melissa know. Birthdays, weddings, baby or bridal showers, bachelor/ette parties, classroom events, church functions, office celebrations, charity events or just about any holiday or theme you can think of – Melissa will work with you to create a package and price that will fit your celiac-safe needs. Contact Melissa via Facebook. Follow her on Instagram
About Melissa & the Bakery Backstory
- I have enjoyed baking and creating treats for over two and a half decades, using both commercial and independent training to fine tune my craft along the way. My true interest began at the age of 17, while working in the bakery department of a local grocer, continued through once I moved onto restaurant pastry preparation, organizing PTA bake-sale fundraisers, charitable dessert donations, and plying my husband’s co-workers with probably more sweets that was/is reasonable! It was that last group that finally gave me that nudge necessary to offer items for others on a special order basis. Nearly four years ago, happyditty! was born and it became a hobby-business that took on a life of its own.
- Having been diagnosed with Celiac Disease five years ago myself, I know how important it is to have safe gluten free options – which is why every GF order is handled with the utmost of care. I have GF dedicated mixers, utensils, decorating supplies, and ingredients. Each items is sterilized before and after each use, and NO gluten ingredients are out while GF items are being made.
- All GF and ‘standard’ items are made at different times to prevent any possible cross contamination. As an added precaution, I hold back a small amount of each GF item going out to do a taste test of my own to ensure I have no reaction before sending it out to others. I know how unpleasant a surprise glutening can be! I am thrilled that in all this time, at no point have I, or any clients, reported any issues! I take ALL dietary restrictions and allergies seriously and want to work to provide the best treats possible for everyone. I am always happy to hear someone say “I would have never guessed that is gluten free!”
- In addition to running her own one-woman baking show – Melissa is Mom to four amazing children ranging in age from 24 to 16, three of which have grown to be incredible cooks and bakers in their own right – and a very special 21-year old who is happy to be the official taste tester. She is also happily married to a 13+ years active duty Canadian Forces member who has also never complained about taste testing! She enjoys doing as much local charity work as time allows, and squeezes in hiking, walks along the Harbour and horror movies whenever possible.