Place Category: Featured Restaurant
Fine food, casual atmosphere and great music. Eat, drink, listen and relax.
Route 14 is the place where everyone knows your name and
staff have your favourite gluten-free brew – Bard’s Beer – ready for you!
If you’re visiting Vancouver Island for the first time – Route 14 Pub is your last chance to dine gluten free before you surf Jordan River, trek the West Coast Trail, party in Port Renfrew or drive the Pacific Marine Route to Lake Cowichan. Find Route 14 at the epicentre of all things gluten-free, the corner of Sooke Road and Townsend. route14sooke.com • Facebook • Instagram • 778-352-1414
It doesn’t get any better than the testimony of a diagnosed celiac, cycling through Sooke with miles to go before he sleeps!
- “Just had a great gluten-free meal at Route 14 in Sooke. Awesome menu with gluten-free notations and a great chef that isn’t afraid to use spices. I ordered a Morroccan Korma dish that was so good I asked for a spoon so I would not waste a drop. Owner Stew was a great host – well aware and talked to the chef immediately when I had a question about soup of the day. My small intestine can verify this is the best restaurant I have been to in months! I am celiac, diagnosed just 7 months ago, and I am absolutely confident this establishment is on the ball!”
Route 14 Sooke – Gluten-Free Offerings
- Charcuterie Board – Chef’s selection of Artisan Meats, Fine Cheeses, House-mixed Olives & Red Pepper Sweet Corn Relish
Soups and Salads
- Soup of the Day – Ask your server whether their Chef-inspired Daily Creation is gluten free. Cup or Bowl
- Seasonal Organic Greens – Toasted Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds, Sun-dried Cranberries, Cucumber, Heirloom Tomatoes, Capriny Goat Cheese, Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Roast Carrot & Grapefruit Salad (GF) – Roast Baby Carrots & Grapefruit Slices, Arugala, Crumbled Cashews, Capriny Goat Cheese, Vegetable Chips, Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
- Add to any Salad – Butter Prawns, Char Grilled Chicken Breast or Pan Seared Salmon
- House Burger – 6oz Fresh Angus Chuck Beef Burger, Smoked Cheddar, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato & Pickle, Brioche Bun – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Chicken Burger – Char Grilled 5oz Chicken Breast, Havarti Cheese, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Olive Tapenade, Lettuce & Tomato, Brioche Bun – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Veggie Burger – 6oz Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Fresh Herb Quinoa House made Patty, Capriny Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Roast Red Pepper & Corn Relish, Lettuce & Tomato – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Chef’s Club Sandwich – Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Cheddar, Maple Bacon, Avocado Aioli, Lettuce & Tomato – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Route 14 Reuben – Montreal Corned Beef Brisket stacked with Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, Dijon Aioli – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Roast Beef Melt – AAA Seasoned Roast Beef, Gruyere Cheese, Carmelized Onions, Horseradish Aioli, Pretzel Sub – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Add ons – Maple Bacon, Side Gravy or Free Range Fried Egg
Dinner – After 5pm
- Curried Vegetable Korma (GF) – A Traditional mildly spiced, savory Curry with a Cashew Coconut Masala base, Seasonal Vegetables & Basmati Rice (Add Chicken or Prawns)
- Chef’s Signature Paella (GF) – Mussels, Prawns, Fresh Fish, Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Basmati Rice and Seasonal Vegetables, Spicy Saffron Tomato Sauce
- Free Range Chicken (GF) – Pan Fried Semi Boneless Chicken Breast stuffed with Herbed Capriny Goat Cheese & wrapped in Prosciutto. Sweet Corn & Red Pepper Risotto, Sundried Tomato Demi
- Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin (GF) – Cajun Rubbed Organic Pork Tenderloin, Whipped Roast Garlic Potato, Seasonal Vegetables, Maple Rosemary Demi, Curried Apple Gastrique\
- Wild BC Salmon (GF) – Pan-Seared Wild Pacific Salmon, Sundried Cranberry & Toasted Pumpkin Seed Quinoa Pilaf, Seasonal Vegetables, Apple Ginger Gastrique
- Brome Lake Duck (GF) – Pan roasted Duck Breast, Potato Gratin, Seasonal Vegetables, Port Wine Demi
- Roast Lamb Sirloin (GF) – Lemon Dijon Marinated Fresh Lamb, Whipped Roast Garlic Potato, Seasonal Vegetables, Mint Demi
- 10oz AAA Sterling Silver Striploin (GF) – Our Char Grilled Peppercorn Crusted Striploin is chosen from the top 12% of all AAA Certified Beef. This perfectly cut Steak is grilled to your specifications & served with Potato Gratin, Seasonal Vegetables & Madagascar Green Peppercorn Whiskey Demi
Dessert – Ask about their ever-changing Dessert Menu
Children – Rainbow Bread Grilled Cheese with Salad – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Bard’s Beer – the best in Gluten-Free!
- Pop, Juice & Milk, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7up, Ginger Ale, Iced Tea, Cranberry, Milk
- Juices – Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple
Right ‘behind’ Route 14 on Townsend is Sooke’s one and only 100% Gluten-Free Cafe!
The Uncommon Carrot is a gluten-free zone, perfect for the health-conscious and completely safe for celiacs, their family and friends! Offering fresh juices and smoothies, clean-eating foods – to eat in – or to go, ‘UC’ is dedicated to offering vegan, dairy-free and nut-free options. Learn more here
Stay tuned to all things Sooke via Sooke Pocket News – Real News – No Paper! Traffic, weather and everything you need to know to enjoy the good gluten-free life on Vancouver Island’s Best West Coast!