Place Category: Featured Restaurant
The Joint Pizzeria & Deli has been serving the gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan communities with integrity for more than ten years using the finest ingredients and the very best protocol. Yes, The Joint delivers – and how! All of The Joint’s pizzas can be created gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian or vegan.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE • Meat • Aloha • Bacon Cheeseburger • Big D • Contessa • El Diablo • Happy Hippy • Hawaiian • Mediterranean • Pearadise • Perogy Pizza (made with potato!) • Pesto Chicken • Pesto Fresco • Rootin Tootin • Southern Belle • Sweet & Spicy • Thai Peachnut • The Vegetarian • This Little Piggy • Traditionalist • Wild West Coast • See full text menu • Order online. Best to call 250-389-2226 for special gluten-free requests.
GLUTEN-FREE by the SLICE • The Joint does its best to always keep a selection of gluten-free and dairy-free pizza slices on hand, carefully wrapped and frozen until individual orders are received. Prepared under ideal conditions with dedicated utensils, The Joint makes a sincere commitment to our safety and satisfaction.
- Gluten-Free Aloha
- Gluten-Free BBQ Chicken,
- Gluten-Free Pesto Chicken
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Vegetarian
Occasionally, a diner may purchase all of the slices in one fell swoop! To guarantee that a slice of your liking is available, call ahead 250-389-2226
GLUTEN-FREE SIDES • Nachos • Honey Garlic Wings • Buffalo Wings •
DRINKS • Boylan’s Sodas, Phillip’s Root Beer & Sparkmouth Ginger Beer, Red Rain, San Pellegrino, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Gatorade, Ginger Ale, Pure Leaf Ice Tea, Guayaki Yerba Mate, Red Rain, Blue Monkey Coconut Water
DESSERTS: Gorge on a selection of delicious gluten-free and vegan desserts, prepared off site and individually wrapped.
BEST PRACTICES • The Joint also prepares wheat-based pizzas. Please try to order full gluten-free pizzas with as much notice as possible so that every precaution can be taken to protect your safety and ensure your enjoyment 250-389-2226
- Gluten-Free Crust: white rice flour, potato starch, rice bran, xanthan gum, methylcellulose, icing sugar, salt.
- Sizes: Small 10” & Large 14”. As we make the crust in smaller batches, sometimes we may be out of a particular size or out of the rice crust altogether. A $1-2 surcharge applies.
- Take & Bake: Request that the gluten free pizzas be only par-baked (for either pickup or delivery) and refrigerate or freeze them at your home until you are ready to use them. Order several at a time to keep your freezer stocked for an unexpected pizza-craving!To cook/reheat: simply crank up your standard issue home oven to 400˚, place defrosted pizza on cookie sheet and bake until cheese has melted and browned a bit. The amount of cooking required is completely up to your taste, so more or less time or a lower oven temp may suit your needs.
- Large Gluten-Free Orders: may take 24 hours notice to ensure we have the correct number and size of gluten free crusts available. 250-389-2226
- Cross Contamination: we do make huge efforts to ensure that the rice crusts are made and handled to avoid cross contamination including educating all our food handlers about celiac disease, and using separate pans and utensils for handling the gluten free pizzas. However, as we also make and handle wheat-based pizza dough, there is a chance that some airborne cross-contamination has occurred.