Place Category: Featured Restaurant
The only thing better than a Big Wheel Burger is two Big Wheel Burgers!
Lucky for Victoria – Big Wheel Burger has two locations to serve us! Delicious! Real! Fast Food! And celiac-safe french fries!
Do you already LOVE Big Wheel Burger? Tell us why in the Facebook field below / click here.
Big Wheel Burger #1 in Cook Street Village is right next door to the iconic Lifestyle Markets, enjoys a solid reputation with gluten-free diners for their dedicated deep-fryer, yummy gluten-free buns and their careful protocol! See map. Best of all, you can watch your burger being prepared – and can quiz kitchen staff on just how carefully they are attending to your order!
Big Wheel Burger #2 is nestled next to Starbucks in Gateway Village, kitty corner from Uptown Mall. See map Gluten-Free folks from the far north of Victoria, or direct from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal can easily make this go-to gluten-free dining destination. (If you pass Whole Foods on the right, you’ve gone too far!) Pop in and check out this beautiful new restaurant.
The pictures above tell the tale from labelled gluten-free deep fryers, dedicated prep station and access to staff who make themselves fully accountable for how they prepare your meal. When things are busy – and they often are – Big Wheel assigns one person to be the ‘Designated, Dedicated Gluten-Free Chef ‘ for that shift!
- Just three gluten items to avoid at Big Wheel : deep fried pickles, regular buns and cookies
- Celiacs – always identify your needs when placing your order
- GF Kids Meals – ask that the gluten cookie be left out of the order
- Big Wheel Burger Menu
- Big Wheel Burger has a Gluten-Free Bun for You!
- Daily features are posted top right – Home Page
- View Big Wheel Burger’s Secret Menu – Tell No One!
- Yes – Big Wheel Burger has a Blog!
- Got a question for Big Wheel Burger a Question
- Yes – Big Wheel Burger is licensed to serve wine (and gluten-beer) .
- Big Wheel offers Phillips Soda Works as well as milk shakes (always identify yourself as needing gluten free!)
- Yes – Big Wheel does Take-Out! (250) 381-0050
Big Wheel Burger was founded on the idea that FAST food didn’t have to mean JUNK food. This goes for all aspects of the business, from what we serve our customers, to how we run our shops and how we impact the environment and local communities. By taking responsibility for our impact and choices, we strive to offer a classic burger joint experience that doesn’t harm the world or our customers and sets an example for other businesses to follow. Check out Big Wheel Burger’s sustainability initiatives