If this loaf of gluten-free bread looks good enough to eat – it is! It’s official – The Village restaurants now provide Real Food Made Easy breads for all their gluten-free offerings. Baker Janice Mansfield uses a blend of organic sorghum, brown rice, millet and light buckwheat flours. The bread pictured here is also dairy-free and vegan.
At your request, The Village will substitute Real Food Made Easy bread for any breakfast, brunch and lunch item, and if you’d like it toasted – can do! They use a flattop toaster – with proper precautions – rather than a regular (read cross-contaminated) toaster at all 3 locations – Estevan, Royal Oak and Torquay.
If the name Janice Mansfield or Real Food Made Easy rings a bell, it may be because Victoria’s only 100% Gluten-Free Caterer supplies her amazing Carrot Cake to Victoria’s only 100% Gluten Free Cafe – Sante! A match made in gluten-free heaven!
If you need another reminder – perhaps it was the gorgeous gluten-free engagement cake the Janice provided for my daughter’s engagement party! Read all about it!
More about Read Food Made Easy
- We do small batch gluten-free baking and customized recipe development for customers with specific dietary needs. (think gluten-free+)
- We provide small-scale wholesale gluten-free baking to eateries and coffee shops in Victoria, B.C.
- We make gluten-free cakes for all your special occasions and celebrations – from birthdays, to anniversaries, or just because you deserve a cake!
- We make gluten-free wedding cakes for brides with food sensitivities.
- We also provide bespoke catering services for your small and mid sized special events. I work closely with you to create a one-of-a-kind menu featuring some of the best ingredients our West Coast farmers and fishers have to offer!
- We operate a dedicated gluten-free kitchen, using ingredients that are certified gluten-free.
- I provide one-on-one Cooking classes, pantry makeovers and gluten-free baking classes on request.
- Cooking classes and pantry makeovers are tailored towards helping you shift your own shopping & cooking routines if you or a family member need to adopt a significant dietary change.
Contact Janice to discuss your next event!