“I love, love, love Screamin’ Brothers’ Key Lime coconut milk ice cream. Wow, it has a real authentic lime flavor. No surprise there, given it’s made with only four ingredients. I’d just had my wisdom teeth out. I wouldn’t be able to chew for a few days. So this smooth and creamy frozen treat was even more appreciated. Looks like there are at least nine flavours and they’re all gluten-free, as well as free of nuts, soy and several other common allergens. There are a few coconut based ice creams available in Victoria now, but it’s great that Screamin’ Brothers is an Albertan company and uses all organic ingredients. I can’t wait to try Chocolate Banana next.” by Robin White*
• Orange Pineapple – Orange Juice Concentrate, Honey, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Mint Chocolate – Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Honey, Organic Peppermint Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Key Lime – Honey, Key Lime Juice, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate – Honey, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Vanilla – Honey, Organic Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Beans
• Mocha – Honey, Fair Trade Coffee, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate Banana – Honey, Organic Bananas, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Blackberry – Honey, Blackberry Puree, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Maple Syrup – Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Maple Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
We owe it all to Dawson and his food sensitivities! Screamin Brother JR may be tall, and little brothers Joseph and David cute, but if you have gluten-intolerance and/or an allergies to milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sulphites, sesame seeds, seafood and mustard, Dawson (in sunglasses below) deserves all of our thanks!
The Screamin Brothers’ story grew in Canada but was born of tragedy. In January 2010, the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti was not far from the oldest of the Screamin Brothers’ thoughts.
One of J.R.’s brothers had arrived home from Haiti only weeks before, and his youngest brother was now stuck in the wake of the devastation, his orphanage destroyed and living in a tent.
J.R. knew he couldn’t just stand by idly so he took his love of creating with food and began selling his dairy free frozen treats to raise money to help.
It didn’t take long for these delicious products to become so popular that J.R.’s brothers offered to help with the business. The boys could see that the more frozen treats they sold, the more children they could help both locally and internationally!
Today, the Screamin Brothers are determined to make a difference with the world’s greatest natural resource … children!
See the splash that Screamin Brothers made on Dragon’s Den, read about their story here or prepare to meet these ‘pint-sized’ celebrities in person by following their schedule on Twitter!
• Little known facts about Screamin Brothers
• Follow Screamin Brothers on Facebook
• Stay tuned for a Gluten-Free Tasting of Screamin Brothers near you!
• Screaming Brothers is a Proud Sponsor of the Canadian Celiac Association Gluten-Free Living Classes.
*The Celiac Scene thanks Robin White of Victoria, BC for taste-testing and reviewing!