We owe it all to Dawson and his food sensitivities! Screamin Brother JR may be tall, and little brothers Joseph and David cute, but if you have gluten-intolerance and/or an allergies to milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sulphites, sesame seeds, seafood and mustard, Dawson (in sunglasses below) deserves all of our thanks!
The Screamin Brothers’ story grew in Canada but was born of tragedy. In January 2010, the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti was not far from the oldest of the Screamin Brothers’ thoughts.
One of J.R.’s brothers had arrived home from Haiti only weeks before, and his youngest brother was now stuck in the wake of the devastation, his orphanage destroyed and living in a tent.
J.R. knew he couldn’t just stand by idly so he took his love of creating with food and began selling his dairy free frozen treats to raise money to help.
It didn’t take long for these delicious products to become so popular that J.R.’s brothers offered to help with the business. The boys could see that the more frozen treats they sold, the more children they could help both locally and internationally!
Today, the Screamin Brothers are determined to make a difference with the world’s greatest natural resource … children!
Using Organic Coconut Milk, water and organic guar gum as their base, they have created gluten-free, allergen-free treats in 9 delicious flavors – with more treats coming soon!
• Orange Pineapple – Orange Juice Concentrate, Honey, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Mint Chocolate – Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Honey, Organic Peppermint Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Key Lime – Honey, Key Lime Juice, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate – Honey, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Vanilla – Honey, Organic Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Beans
• Mocha – Honey, Fair Trade Coffee, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate Banana – Honey, Organic Bananas, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Blackberry – Honey, Blackberry Puree, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Maple Syrup – Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Maple Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
MORE: The Victoria Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association joins The Celiac Scene and Thrifty Foods in thanking Screamin’ Brothers for Sponsoring Vancouver Island’s Gluten-Free Living Classes!
• Where else to purchase Screamin Brothers Treats (see below)
• Little known facts about Screamin Brothers
• Follow Screamin Brothers on Facebook
• Stay tuned for a Gluten-Free Tasting of Screamin Brothers near you!
• Healthy Way Natural Foods, 1270 Dogwood Street
• Thrifty Foods, 1400 Ironwood Road
• Country Grocer, 1400 Cowichan Bay Road
• Thrifty Foods, 1860 Island Highway
• Coombs Country Market, 2326 Alberni Highway
• Thrifty Foods, #123 – 444 Lerwick Street
• Thrifty Foods, 660 England Avenue
• Great Greens Farm Market, 4485 Trans-Canada Highway
• Thrifty Foods, 2755 Beverly Street
• Thrifty Foods, #50 – 2720 Mill Bay Road
• Country Grocer, 82 12 Street
• Country Grocer, 1800 Dufferin Crescent
• Island Natural, 6560 Metral Drive
• Thrifty Foods, 5801 Turner Road
• Thrifty Foods, 650 S. Terminal Avenue
• Deep Cove Market, 10940 West Saanich Road
• Thrifty Foods, 280 E. Island Highway
• The Root Cellar, 1286 McKenzie Avenue
• Thrifty Foods, 7860 Wallace Drive
• Thrifty Foods, 9810 Seventh Street
VICTORIA Country Grocer, 1153 Esquimalt Road
• Country Grocer, 4420 West Saanich Road
• Fairway Market, 2187 Oak Bay Avenue
• Ingredients Health Food and Apple Cafe, 2031 Store Street
• Lifestyle Markets, #180 – 2950 Douglas Street
• Market on Millstream, 125 – 2401C Millstream Road
• Market on Yates, 903 Yates Street
• Niagara Grocery, 579 Niagara Street
• Pepper’s Grocery, 3829 Cadboro Bay Road
• Planet Organic, #109 – 3995 Quadra Street
• Red Barn Market, 5550 West Saanich Road
• Red Barn Market Mattick’s Farm, 5325 Cordova Bay Road
• The Local General Store, 1440 Haultain Street
• Thrifty Foods, 1590 Fairfield Road
• Thrifty Foods, #101 – 3995 Quadra Street
• Thrifty Foods, 475 Simcoe Street
• Thrifty Foods, 1860 Island Highway
• Thrifty Foods, 777 Royal Oak Drive
• Thrifty Foods, 3475 Quadra Street
• Thrifty Foods, 1495 Admirals Road
• Thrifty Foods, 1580 Hillside Avenue
• Thrifty Foods, 1626 McKenzie Avenue
SALT SPRING ISLAND
• Country Grocer, 374 Lower Ganges Road
• Thrifty Foods, 114 Purvis Road
• Tru Value Foods, 4605 Bedwell Harbour Road