The avalanche of acknowledgments for the creators of Screamin Brothers Frozen Desserts continue!
As if creating 11 delicious flavors of dairy-free, gluten-free ice treats has not already cut a swath across Canada’s food-sensitive communities, the ‘Brothers” appearance on Dragon’s Den and J.R. and Dawson Wikkerink’s recent nomination for the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction have helped make their allergen-free brand a household name. However, last week’s acknowledgment in the House of Commons has effectively catapulted them to the Mt. Everest of frozen dessert fame and fortune!
Here’s the back story!
We owe it all to Dawson and his food sensitivities! Screamin Brother JR may be tall, and little brothers Joseph and David cute, but if you have gluten-intolerance and/or an allergies to milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sulphites, sesame seeds, seafood and mustard, Dawson (in sunglasses below) deserves all of our thanks!
The Screamin Brothers’ story grew in Canada but was born of tragedy. In January 2010, the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti was not far from the oldest of the Screamin Brothers’ thoughts.
One of J.R.’s brothers had arrived home from Haiti only weeks before, and his youngest brother was now stuck in the wake of the devastation, his orphanage destroyed and living in a tent.
J.R. knew he couldn’t just stand idly say so he took his love of creating with food and began selling his dairy free frozen treats to raise money to help.
It didn’t take long for these delicious products to become so popular that J.R.’s brothers offered to help with the business. The boys could see that the more frozen treats they sold, the more children they could help both locally and internationally!
Today, Screamin Brothers are determined to make a difference with the world’s greatest natural resource … children!
Using Organic Coconut Milk, water and organic guar gum as their base, they have created gluten-free, allergen-free treats in 11 delicious flavors – with more treats coming soon!
• Orange Pineapple – Orange Juice Concentrate, Honey, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Mint Chocolate – Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Honey, Organic Peppermint Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Key Lime – Honey, Key Lime Juice, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate – Honey, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Vanilla – Honey, Organic Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Beans
• Mocha – Honey, Fair Trade Coffee, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate Banana – Honey, Organic Bananas, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Blackberry – Honey, Blackberry Puree, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Maple Syrup – Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Maple Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
MORE: The Victoria Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association joins The Celiac Scene and Thrifty Foods in thanking Screamin’ Brothers for Sponsoring Vancouver Island’s Gluten-Free Living Classes!
Behold the tributes below!