• At 19, dual Canadian-Italian citizen, Ray was considering moving to Italy to play hockey when his father’s friend offered him an interview for a broker’s assistant position.
• After a 15 year career in the stock market, Ray left to join the family lumber business with his dad before finally joining his sister’s baking venture in Vancouver.
• Ray worked with his sister for one and a half years before starting his own business, Cloud 9. The bakery started as a gourmet marshmallow factory that would sell to the duty-free shops in Canadian airports.
• Not only were the marshmallows delicious, but they also were gluten free. People started calling Ray asking what other gluten-free products he offered.• With the help of his mother Pixie, a world traveler who loves cooking and baking, Ray researched gluten free products in the market.
• Six years later, Ray and his team at Cloud 9 create gluten-free specialty baking mixes. Their All Purpose Flour Mix, which is the base of everything that Cloud 9 makes, was developed by Pixie.
Now everyone can enjoy a little piece of Cloud 9 Heaven!
Click on the images below for the recipes Cloud 9 has perfected!