Happyditty! Gluten-Free Confections is putting out a final call for Valentine’s Day Baking!
- 6″ GF chocolate, mocha, vanilla, or peanut butter chocolate cake with Valentine’s Day decorations for only $35
- 8″ GF chocolate, mocha, vanilla, or peanut butter chocolate cake with Valentine’s Day decorations for only $45
- One dozen GF chocolate or vanilla cupcakes with Valentine’s Day themed frosting and sprinkles for $20
- Box of 25 GF mini cupcakes in chocolate or vanilla for $25
- Dozen Frosted GF brownies with heart sprinkles for $10
- Dozen GF chocolate peanut butter cookies are $10 STANDARD size cookies or $20 per dozen BIG cookies.
Ongoing Smash Cakes
Melissa is offering GF vanilla smash cakes for only $25 in various frosting styles. Visit her Facebook Page for images.
What is a Smash Cake?
Smash cakes are small frosted cakes made just for the birthday guest of honor or just pure indulgence! Give it to your child – or your Big Kid – and let him or her dig into it with their hands. Be warned that it gets messy, but the photos are priceless!
Scroll down for an album of happyditty’s gluten-free items, all made with Vancouver Island’s very own Bake My Day Flour from Duncan, BC.
Whether you need hundreds of cupcakes for a large function or event, or a dozen freshly-baked cookies for movie night at home – just let Melissa know. Birthdays, weddings, baby or bridal showers, bachelor/ette parties, classroom events, church functions, office celebrations, charity events or just about any holiday or theme you can think of – Melissa will work with you to create a package and price that will fit your celiac-safe needs. Contact Melissa via Facebook. Follow her on Instagram
About Melissa & the Bakery Backstory
- I have enjoyed baking and creating treats for over two and a half decades, using both commercial and independent training to fine tune my craft along the way. My true interest began at the age of 17, while working in the bakery department of a local grocer, continued through once I moved onto restaurant pastry preparation, organizing PTA bake-sale fundraisers, charitable dessert donations, and plying my husband’s co-workers with probably more sweets that was/is reasonable! It was that last group that finally gave me that nudge necessary to offer items for others on a special order basis. Nearly four years ago, happyditty! was born and it became a hobby-business that took on a life of its own.
- Having been diagnosed with Celiac Disease five years ago myself, I know how important it is to have safe gluten free options – which is why every GF order is handled with the utmost of care. I have GF dedicated mixers, utensils, decorating supplies, and ingredients. Each items is sterilized before and after each use, and NO gluten ingredients are out while GF items are being made.
- All GF and ‘standard’ items are made at different times to prevent any possible cross contamination. As an added precaution, I hold back a small amount of each GF item going out to do a taste test of my own to ensure I have no reaction before sending it out to others. I know how unpleasant a surprise glutening can be! I am thrilled that in all this time, at no point have I, or any clients, reported any issues! I take ALL dietary restrictions and allergies seriously and want to work to provide the best treats possible for everyone. I am always happy to hear someone say “I would have never guessed that is gluten free!”
- In addition to running her own one-woman baking show – Melissa is Mom to four amazing children ranging in age from 24 to 16, three of which have grown to be incredible cooks and bakers in their own right – and a very special 21-year old who is happy to be the official taste tester. She is also happily married to a 13+ years active duty Canadian Forces member who has also never complained about taste testing! She enjoys doing as much local charity work as time allows, and squeezes in hiking, walks along the Harbour and horror movies whenever possible.