Gluten-Free Events Calendar
If it’s gluten free and happening in Victoria, Vancouver Island or the Gulf Islands, you’ll find it listed here! From tastings to contests, farmer’s markets to food trucks – this is your calendar to Gluten-Free Paradise! Join Victoria’s Gluten-Free Foodies and add a new restaurant – and possibly a new gluten-free friend – to your repertoire!
Join Holly as She Cheers on Summer with Screamin Brothers Frozen Desserts
Better yet – Screamin Brothers will be on Sale!
• Orange Pineapple – Orange Juice Concentrate, Honey, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Mint Chocolate – Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Honey, Organic Peppermint Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Key Lime – Honey, Key Lime Juice, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate – Honey, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Vanilla – Honey, Organic Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Beans
• Mocha – Honey, Fair Trade Coffee, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate Banana – Honey, Organic Bananas, Fair Trade Organic Raw Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Blackberry – Honey, Blackberry Puree, Organic Vanilla Extract
• Maple Syrup – Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Maple Extract, Organic Vanilla Extract
We owe it all to Dawson and his food sensitivities! Screamin Brother JR may be tall, and little brothers Joseph and David cute, but if you have gluten-intolerance and/or an allergies to milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sulphites, sesame seeds, seafood and mustard, Dawson (in sunglasses below) deserves all of our thanks!
The Screamin Brothers’ story grew in Canada but was born of tragedy. In January 2010, the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti was not far from the oldest of the Screamin Brothers’ thoughts.
One of J.R.’s brothers had arrived home from Haiti only weeks before, and his youngest brother was now stuck in the wake of the devastation, his orphanage destroyed and living in a tent.
J.R. knew he couldn’t just stand by idly so he took his love of creating with food and began selling his dairy free frozen treats to raise money to help.
It didn’t take long for these delicious products to become so popular that J.R.’s brothers offered to help with the business. The boys could see that the more frozen treats they sold, the more children they could help both locally and internationally!
Today, the Screamin Brothers are determined to make a difference with the world’s greatest natural resource … children!
Using Organic Coconut Milk, water and organic guar gum as their base, they have created gluten-free, allergen-free treats in 9 delicious flavors – with more treats coming soon!
See the splash that Screamin Brothers made on Dragon’s Den, read about their story here and discover little known facts about Screamin Brothers!
Join Holly for a Special Glutenull Goodie Tasting!
A delicious collection of breads, granola, cookies and bars.
Nourish your body and delight your taste-buds!
- Made with walnuts and many detoxifying greens. You will love using this as a veggie dip or a spread on sandwiches and crackers. Bored of hummus? Give Super Greens a try. The nuts are a great alternative if you are sensitive to eating beans. Plus, cilantro and celery are super foods known for healthy detoxification.
Join us for a Gluten-Free Mixer at Lifestyle Markets
You choose the B-Tea – leave with the recipe!
Celiac-safe cocktails curated by Chef Pola!
Moscow Mare • Lemon Balm Bomb • Cool Cucumber • Blueberry Basil Mohito
New Fashioned • Hugo Cocktail • Oooh la la Lillet
Wish you could try before you buy pricey gluten-free food? Here’s your chance! Join Ellen Bayens of The Celiac Scene for a fun and informative taste extravaganza! Second and fourth Saturday of every month Lifestyle Markets on Douglas Street between 12 and 2 pm. Look for Ellen’s smile in the New Bulk Department!. No diagnosis or RSVP required.
B-Tea is North America’s first live Kombucha
Completely safe without refrigeration and best of all – available in a break-proof containers.
A fermented tea rich in probiotics • prebiotics • polyphenols • vitamins • organic enzymes • amino acids
What is Kombucha?
- pronounced “com-BOO-chah.”
- a fermented tea naturally rich in prebiotics and probiotics.
- raw and organic with a slightly sour-sweet-fizzy taste
- nutritious, low in calories, caffeine and sugar
For centuries Kombucha has been brewed throughout Asia and Eastern Europe. Kombucha was introduced to North America by people who had traveled to Asia and learned of its nutritive effects and its cleansing and detoxifying potential.
Kombucha starts out as a sugary tea fermented with a Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY) and yeast (in the form of Medusomyces gisevi). In seven days, the tea is transformed into a refreshing, effervescent, lightly astringent beverage LOW in calories/sugar and FULL of living probiotics.
B-Tea Beverage was established to fully explore all the benefits of the revolutionary healthy products. Our team is made up of experts and professionals in the nutrition industry. With all the fame surrounding Kombucha majorly due to its nutritional value, we decided to bring our wealth of experience together to make a very unique brand of Kombucha that is brewed under the most strict guidelines that follow traditional recipes using Pilzen laden water and best organic ingredients available. This is how B-Tea Kombucha was born.
What is B-Tea Kombucha made of?
- B-Tea uses only 100% raw and organic ingredients, juices, and extracts without preservatives, sugars, chemicals or artificial colors.
- Pilsner Laden Water from the Czech Republic
- Darjeeling Black Tea and Japanese Bancha Green Teas antioxidants
- Organic brown cane sugar, consumed during the fermentation results in tea low in sugar and naturally carbonated
GREEN TEA LEMON BALM – Lemon balm offers mental clarity, concentration, relaxation and an aid for digestive issues. Green Tea Lemon Balm is B-Tea’s most popular flavour – a perfect combination of calm and sweetness.
GREEN TEA – 100% Japanese Bancha Green Tea, this is classic Kombucha. It enhances energy, mood, mental acuity and revitalizes metabolism. Japanese Bancha Green Tea is the foundation of B-Tea’s kombucha products. Refreshing and rejuvenating!
ORIGINAL (BLACK TEA) – Original and most powerful, Black Tea is made for traditional kombucha lovers. 100% organic, Darjeeling Black Tea is a source of antioxidants and nutrients.
TRANQUILITY (GREEN TEA ALOE VERA) – 100% organic Aloe Vera extract aids in detoxification, digestion, and immune system support. Enjoy calming rejuvenation with every sip.
GINGER – B-Tea’s original ginger is made up of 70% Darjeeling Black Tea and 30% Ginger. One of the best-known digestion aids, this flavor is ideal for those seeking digestive healing.
SERENITY – 30% Chamomile Tea, therapeutic, revitalizing and soothing for the nervous system. A completely relaxing balm.
VARIETY PACK – A chance to experience each flavour.
Brought to our community by B-Tea Kombucha Canada
Although kombucha cannot heal, it supports your body so that it can heal itself.
- Alkalize the body and balances internal pH
- Detoxify the liver
- Increase metabolism
- Improve digestion
- Rebuild connective tissue and helps with arthritis, gout, asthma, rheumatism
- High in antioxidants and so destroys free-radicals that cause cancer
- Alleviate constipation
- Boost energy and help with severe fatigue
- Reduce blood pressure
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Reduce kidney stones in the kidney
- High in polyphenols
- Improve eyesight
- Heal eczema and can be applied to soften the skin
- Prevent arteriosclerosis
- Speed healing of ulcers by killing Helicobacter pylori (bacterium found usually in the stomach) on contact
- Help clear up candida & yeast infections
- Support healthy cell regeneration
- Lower glucose levels
The sheer volume of celiac-friendly products that Lifestyle Markets carries has taken over the entire store!
20 years ago, celiacs were hard-pressed to find food that met their basic ‘gluten-free’ requirements. Lifestyle Markets on Douglas Street in Victoria, BC was known as the ‘first-stop-one-shop’ for anyone new to the diet or new to town. Excellence is what has always set your stores apart from the rest, and Lifestyle Markets is once again championing our cause – that gluten-free consumers are entitled to the very best organic, non-GMO options available. Lifestyle Markets on also offer the most comprehensive selection of gluten-free flours and baking ingredients in British Columbia.