Our lawyer made us do it! Here are the usual legal agreements that protect your privacy and our copyrights.
The Celiac Scene does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its web site.
This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, through contacting The Celiac Scene via e-mail, feedback forms, verbally by telephone, or by fax when suggesting a business, to enter a contest or competition, to provide feedback about a business, restaurant reviews, testimonials or stories of interest to our users. If we post or publish this information, it will be anonymously, as part of an online survey, or will only be attributed to your first name and city or town of origin.
All personal information you do provide is protected under the B.C. Privacy Act. This means that you have a right to know when personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right to access your personal information.
The Celiac Scene does NOT share this information with anyone except The Celiac Scene personnel who may need the information to respond to a request or to ask you for more information. Every reasonable effort will be made to keep your information secure.
The Celiac Scene may collect information on the following:
- IP addresses of those visiting the site
- the time and dates of visits
- the length of visits
- the number of requests per visit
- types of operating systems (Windows, Macintosh, Unix, etc.)
- browser types (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc)
- the web site from which the visitor may have entered the site
- the web site to which a visitor may exit the site
The Celiac Scene makes no attempt to link this information with the identities of individuals visiting our sites. By keeping this data, The Celiac Scene web site administrators can fine-tune the site based on user-activity trends to make it more useful to you. We may provide information about our users, but only in an aggregated, anonymous basis, to our advertisers.
We do not control the privacy policies of our advertisers or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks.
This site provides you with the opportunity to receive e-mails about The Celiac Scene’s™ services, promotions or upcoming events. You may “opt-out” of receiving this information at any time by e-mailing us or by contacting us by regular mail.
May 1, 2009
- The www.theceliacscene.com website is owned by The Celiac Scene. It is only intended to provide general information, without independent verification on the part of The Celiac Scene of the accuracy of the information provided to it, and the information is specifically not intended to be a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment by your physician or other health care professional. You should always consult your own physician or other health care professionals about any medical questions, diagnosis, or treatment, especially before trying any diet.
- The Celiac Scene can not and does not warrant that any food you consume or service you purchase, order or consume from the suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, restaurants, coffee shops, convenience stores, grocery stores, bakeries, meat stores, specialty stores, catering services, spas, salons, travel and home based businesses, or from any other individual or business, listed, advertised or promoted on this website, will be gluten-free.
- The Celiac Scene can not and does not, and disclaims any obligation or duty to, evaluate the accuracy, safety, or functionality of the products, services, and representations offered by the advertisers, businesses, individuals, and events featured, listed, or promoted on this website. Likewise, the inclusion of a business or person(s) offering services or products, or of any event, on the website is not an endorsement by the Celiac Scene of the said business, person(s), or event, or of the product(s) it sells or dispenses. The Celiac Scene expresses no opinion or recommendation on any specific listing. It is essential that you verify the accuracy of all information for yourself.
- Any information supplied to you by The Celiac Scene through the website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty as to its accuracy or safety. Any reliance upon any such information shall be at your sole risk. Any information obtained by you via this website or links in the website or advertisers on this website should not be relied upon for any personal, nutritional or medical decision. You should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your specific situation. The Celiac Scene makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to any information.
- Information regarding the address, location, or GPS coordinates of, or directions to, any individual, business, or event provided to you through this website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty as to its accuracy or safety by The Celiac Scene. Reliance upon any such information shall be at your sole risk. The Celiac Scene makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy of any and all information.
- In no event shall The Celiac Scene, its affiliates or advertisers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, death, damage to property or loss of profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of any of the above-referenced information or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, even if The Celiac Scene or any of its affiliates or suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages, and The Celiac Scene disclaims any and all express, implied or statutory warranties and conditions regarding the information provided including, without limitation, any and all warranties that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Any and all links appearing on this website are provided as a reference for convenience on topics that are believed to be relevant to the issues discussed on our website. The Celiac Scene and the maintainers and contributors to this website do not accept any responsibility for the information provided at the linked sites as to their accuracy, currency or compliance with applicable laws. Nor does The Celiac Scene or the maintainers or contributors to this website accept any responsibility for the accuracy, currency or compliance with applicable laws of any of the linked sites may provide links for. Nor does The Celiac Scene or the maintainers or contributors accept, endorse or acknowledge the legitimacy of the ideas expressed or endorse any of the sponsors mentioned on any of those sites.
- The terms of this disclaimer shall apply to you, the user, your heirs, executors, successors and assigns.
All materials published or otherwise accessible through WWW.THECELIACSCENE.COM (the Service), including, but not limited to, text, content, photographs, images, and other materials (the “Content”), are protected by copyright, and are owned or licensed by The Celiac Scene™. All visitors shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
The Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to Canadian copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, publication, transmission, transfer, sale, distribution, performance, display or exploitation of any of the Content or Service, whether in whole or in part, without the express written permission of The Celiac Scene™ is prohibited. except that you may download material from this service for your own personal, noncommercial use as follows: you may make a machine readable copy and/or print copy that is limited to occasional article of personal interest only.
The data is offered for personal use satellite navigation system. Loading of the data on more than one satellite navigation system requires the permission of The Celiac Scene™. Use of the data for reverse engineering or any purpose other than loading onto a satellite navigation system is strictly prohibited.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this service over any network including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale, in addition, the files may not be used to construct any kind of database.
The Celiac Scene™ Guides for the Gluten Free™ logo is owned by The Celiac Scene™.