Route 14 offers daily specials that are gluten-free or can be adapted to gluten-free!
Enjoy them with your favourite gluten-free brew – Bard’s Beer!
If you’re visiting Vancouver Island for the first time – Route 14 Pub is your last chance to dine gluten free before you surf Jordan River, trek the West Coast Trail, party in Port Renfrew or drive the Pacific Marine Route to Lake Cowichan. Find Route 14 at the corner of Sooke Road and Townsend.
It doesn’t get any better than the testimony of a diagnosed celiac, cycling through Sooke with miles to go before he sleeps!
- “Just had a great gluten-free meal at Route 14 in Sooke. Awesome menu with gluten-free notations and a great chef that isn’t afraid to use spices. I ordered a Morroccan Korma dish that was so good I asked for a spoon so I would not waste a drop. Owner Stew was a great host – well aware and talked to the chef immediately when I had a question about soup of the day. My small intestine can verify this is the best restaurant I have been to in months! I am celiac, diagnosed just 7 months ago, and I am absolutely confident this establishment is on the ball!”
Route 14 Sooke – Gluten-Free Offerings
- Charcuterie Board – Chef’s selection of Artisan Meats, Fine Cheeses, House-mixed Olives & Red Pepper Sweet Corn Relish
Soups and Salads
- Soup of the Day – Ask your server whether their Chef-inspired Daily Creation is gluten free. Cup or Bowl
- Seasonal Organic Greens – Toasted Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds, Sun-dried Cranberries, Cucumber, Heirloom Tomatoes, Capriny Goat Cheese, Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Roast Carrot & Grapefruit Salad (GF) – Roast Baby Carrots & Grapefruit Slices, Arugala, Crumbled Cashews, Capriny Goat Cheese, Vegetable Chips, Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
- Add to any Salad – Butter Prawns, Char Grilled Chicken Breast or Pan Seared Salmon
- House Burger – 6oz Fresh Angus Chuck Beef Burger, Smoked Cheddar, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato & Pickle, Brioche Bun – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Chicken Burger – Char Grilled 5oz Chicken Breast, Havarti Cheese, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Olive Tapenade, Lettuce & Tomato, Brioche Bun – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Veggie Burger – 6oz Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Fresh Herb Quinoa House made Patty, Capriny Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Roast Red Pepper & Corn Relish, Lettuce & Tomato – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Chef’s Club Sandwich – Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Cheddar, Maple Bacon, Avocado Aioli, Lettuce & Tomato – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Route 14 Reuben – Montreal Corned Beef Brisket stacked with Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, Dijon Aioli – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Roast Beef Melt – AAA Seasoned Roast Beef, Gruyere Cheese, Carmelized Onions, Horseradish Aioli, Pretzel Sub – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Add ons – Maple Bacon, Side Gravy or Free Range Fried Egg
Dinner – After 5pm
- Curried Vegetable Korma (GF) – A Traditional mildly spiced, savory Curry with a Cashew Coconut Masala base, Seasonal Vegetables & Basmati Rice (Add Chicken or Prawns)
- Chef’s Signature Paella (GF) – Mussels, Prawns, Fresh Fish, Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Basmati Rice and Seasonal Vegetables, Spicy Saffron Tomato Sauce
- Free Range Chicken (GF) – Pan Fried Semi Boneless Chicken Breast stuffed with Herbed Capriny Goat Cheese & wrapped in Prosciutto. Sweet Corn & Red Pepper Risotto, Sundried Tomato Demi
- Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin (GF) – Cajun Rubbed Organic Pork Tenderloin, Whipped Roast Garlic Potato, Seasonal Vegetables, Maple Rosemary Demi, Curried Apple Gastrique\
- Wild BC Salmon (GF) – Pan-Seared Wild Pacific Salmon, Sundried Cranberry & Toasted Pumpkin Seed Quinoa Pilaf, Seasonal Vegetables, Apple Ginger Gastrique
- Brome Lake Duck (GF) – Pan roasted Duck Breast, Potato Gratin, Seasonal Vegetables, Port Wine Demi
- Roast Lamb Sirloin (GF) – Lemon Dijon Marinated Fresh Lamb, Whipped Roast Garlic Potato, Seasonal Vegetables, Mint Demi
- 10oz AAA Sterling Silver Striploin (GF) – Our Char Grilled Peppercorn Crusted Striploin is chosen from the top 12% of all AAA Certified Beef. This perfectly cut Steak is grilled to your specifications & served with Potato Gratin, Seasonal Vegetables & Madagascar Green Peppercorn Whiskey Demi
Dessert – Ask about their ever-changing Dessert Menu
Children – Rainbow Bread Grilled Cheese with Salad – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Bard’s Beer – the best in Gluten-Free!
- Pop, Juice & Milk, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7up, Ginger Ale, Iced Tea, Cranberry, Milk
- Juices – Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple
Stay tuned to all things Sooke via Sooke Pocket News – Real News – No Paper! Traffic, weather and everything you need to know to enjoy the good gluten-free life on Vancouver Island’s Best West Coast!
TUESDAYS – KIDS UNDER 8 EAT FREE!*
Pirate Chips doesn’t have just one, but TWO dedicated gluten-free fryers to serve their gluten-free and celiac customers! Not only that, the Buckaneers have the buns to serve us, too!
Gluten-free hamburger buns, oyster burger buns and halibut burger buns! Find Pirate Chips in downtown Nanaimo, near the cenotaph.
Ask about their gluten-free desserts!
Gluten-Free Clam Chowder, Fish Tacos, Soups and even New Grist Gluten-Free Beer!
Facebook Photo Gallery
Plenty of Pirate Bling available for purchase!
Check out what next week looks like:
TUESDAY: Kids Under 8 Eat Free
WEDNESDAY: All-You-Can-Eat Gluten-Free Cod Fish & Chips $16.95
FRIDAY and SATURDAY: Live Music! Singing!
Mon-Thurs 11-9pm Fri-Sat 11-10pm Sundays 11-8
‘Pirate Notations’ on Menus below indicate Gluten-Free.
Be sure to tell your server that you require a gluten-free meal when ordering.
They will change aprons, clean all surfaces and take every precaution to prepare a safe and delicious meal for you. Pirate Chips staff will happily accommodate additional allergies & sensitivities. Please make your needs known when ordering.
Tuesday is Senior and Student Day at Mother Nature’s! Receive a discount of 7%!
Become a Natures Lover! Membership is free!
- Add the handy Nature Lovers’ member card to your key chain and earn valuable points each time you shop. Points earned can be redeemed toward future purchases.
- Receive 10 points for every dollar you spend. Donate or redeem 1000 points for $1.00.
- SILVER LEVEL – Spend $500 within one month and receive a discount of 2% on all your purchase in the following month.
- GOLD LEVEL – Spend $750 within one month receive a discount of 5% on all your purchases in the following month.
- Students and Seniors need only $ 200 (Silver) or $ 350 (Gold) to achieve the respective levels
- Click here for more information
Be Healthy, Go Natural! It makes a difference!
Natural foods, Organic Produce and Local Products.
Mother Nature’s Market and Deli is committed to making every shopping experience a positive one. Proud to offer local and natural foods, Mother Nature’s feature organic fruits and vegetables and a wide selection of meat, fish and poultry, all non-medicated and ethically raised.
Competitive pricing values both the work and dedication of the producer (go farmers!) and the consumer, with no artificial ingredients, additives, GMO’s, preservatives or pesticides.
Gluten-free meal solutions, baking and snacks can be found throughout the store and enjoyed outside on surrounding patios while watching the world go by.
Mother Nature’s is committed to supporting both local farmers and suppliers and offering our customers excellent service and the healthiest products available. Staff does their best to make every shopping experience a happy one. Mother Nature’s is gentle on the environment and always provides a positive face to the community.
Our Vision – Healthy store, happy staff, exceptional customer service, sustainable products, satisfied customers.
Our Mission – Provide top-quality natural foods, organic produce and local products priced competitively, both to value the work and dedication of the producer, and meet the needs of the consumer.
- Support local producers and growers, thereby promoting sustainable agriculture and the local economy and reducing our environmental footprint.
- Provide our customers with access to healthy and local foods offered in a welcoming and friendly environment.
- Hire and retain well-trained, knowledgeable staff who excel in providing exceptional customer service.
- Foster a work environment that promotes health and wellness and evokes teamwork, loyalty and pride in the workplace.
- Provide all staff with the opportunity to grow within the structure of Mother Nature’s Market and Deli through continuous quality improvement and recognition of individual and team efforts.
Rawthentic Specials. Always gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and raw!
- Mexi-Avocado Soup and a Regular Kombucha on Tap – Regular $13 – on sale for $9.99
- Kale Chips (any flavor) – Regular $8.50 – on for $6.50
- Orange Truffles – buy 4 get 2 free
- Wheatgrass – 2 shots Regular $6.50 – on sale for $4.50
Check out Bulk Order Desserts on special … an in-store order sheet is available near the till.
Is wheatgrass okay for celiacs?
The Canadian Celiac Association advises, “Wheat grass doesn’t contain any gluten protein and it is usually harvested before any seeds develop. The concern has always been that their might be seeds accidentally mixed in. Some manufacturers have started to test their products and can produce wheat or barley grass in a way that is not contaminated with gluten. Look for a product that is marked “gluten free” to be sure the manufacturer has considered the issue.”
VICTORIA Rawthentic Eatery is pleased to announce a partnership with ‘Skip the Dishes!’ If you you live in the Victoria area you can order food and have it deliver to your work place, home or even while you are waiting in a line up just about anywhere in their delivery radius for a small fee! If you spend $20 or more, the delivery is FREE. If it is your first time using skip the dish, put HUNGRY into the promo code and you will get a $7 credit on your first order (minimum $15 order).
COURTENAY Rawthentic Eatery – Enjoy healthy happy food to you at your work place, home or if you are stuck in a line up. All you have to do is call Rawthentic at 250-338-0571, order your food and before you know it, it’s time to eat healthy, delicious food. There is a delivery fee of $4.50 for this service BUT if you order $35 or more in food the delivery fee is FREE. Stuck at work and want a smoothie but don’t have enough time to drive and get it, no problem, just talk a handful of your co-workers into getting a smoothie too and we will deliver them to you for FREE. At home and vegging out to a good series but also have a craving for some veggies…no problem…hit pause and call Rawthentic. Whatever your situation is, we can be there for you.
NEW Location! Parksville! Rawthentic’s great gluten-free, dairy-free, raw, vegan food can now be found at 144 Morison Avenue. (250) 586-4406 Learn more here.
Rawthentic has created a CLEANSE GUIDE BOOK and is making it available for FREE. 10 pages of exclusive information will help you make transitional changes with your diet. Tips on how to detoxify comfortably, how to snack properly, and how to heal (lose weight) without compromise.
Email [email protected] with ‘Please Send the Guide Book’ in the subject line and it will be emailed to you.
At Both of our locations, Courtenay and Victoria, we are introducing our new website, and with that we are beginning an excellent online grocery shopping experience.
How it works:
- STEP 1 – You Pre-order and pre-pay
- STEP 2 – We add your request to our next order.
- STEP 3 – We contact you once it has arrived and pass on substantial savings.
Click here to learn about Rawthentic Eatery’s Bulk Grocery Program (scroll down for poster)
Follow Rawthentic’s Facebook Page to be the first to know about their weekly specials!
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm • Sat 9:30am-8pm • Sunday 9am-7pm
VIEW RAWTHENTIC’S MENU HERE or scroll down.
- ON THE RUN? Choose from a variety of dishes made fresh daily ready-to-go to make your trip into Rawthentic faster. REAL! FOOD! FAST!
• Click here to learn about Rawthentic Eatery’s Bulk Grocery Program (scroll down for poster)
• Shop Rawthentic’s Online Store for Victoria • Shop Rawthentic’s Online Store for Courtenay
• Visit Rawthentic in Courtenay • Visit Rawthentic in Victoria
• Instagram • Facebook • Website
- Everything is made fresh in house with real food … no fillers, preservatives or refined food.
- Sauces are made fresh every day using nuts, seeds, cold pressed olive oil and hemp as their base.
- Wraps are made in-house, dehydrated at 115˚ to keep enzymes alive and made with only ground flax and vegetables.
- Rawthentic’s almond mylk is made fresh every day.
- Most of the to-go containers, straws, cutlery are made with corn so they are biodegradable.
- Apple juice is cold pressed and unpasteurized – in other words, juiced right off the tree.
- Rawthentic smoothie boosters are real, unprocessed super foods: chia (perfect anti-oxidant and intestinal cleanser), hemp hearts (big protein boost), goji (anti-oxidant and high in protein), acai (high anti-oxidant and energy boost), maca (energy boost)
- Count on Rawthentic’s raw food catering service for your important occasion – social or business – for up to 200 guests for weddings, birthdays, dinner parties and corporate events. See what our inspiring, healthy, eye-catching raw food can bring to your event from wedding and birthday cakes or any other raw delight that you can think of! Get in touch with their knowledgeable raw food experts. Learn more …
About the Owner
- Not only is Bill Hadikin the owner of Rawthentic – he’s their best customer. He has been enjoying vegan raw food since 2004 when he went through a personal journey discovering health in his life. He lost over 50lbs of weight in the process while feeling amazing. “Don’t just eat it ‘cause it tastes good … learn why it is good for you at the same time.” Learn more …
- Coconut Water, Acai, Goji, Chia, Dates, Spinach, Blueberries, Lemon
- GLOWING GODDESS
- Apple Juice, Hemp, Dates, Banana, Vanilla, Sour Cherry, Raspberries
- Apple Juice, Dates, Pear, Kale, Ginger,Raspberry
- Coconut Water, Spirulina, Chia, Hemp, Dates, Spinach, Blueberries
- BERRY BUNNY
- Carrot Juice Blackberry, Hemp, Vanilla, Dates, Banana
- MANGO LIME ZINGER
- Apple Juice, Dates, Banana, Mango, Spinach, Lime, Ginger
- HAWAIIAN SUNSET
- Apple Juice, Coconut, Chia, Dates, Strawberries & Pineapple
- BEET TREAT
- Beets, Carrot, Apple, Ginger, Lemon
- LOVE & LIGHT
- Orange, Lemon, Apple, Ginger, Turmeric
- GREEN & CLEAN
- Kale, Cukes, Celery, Ginger, Apple, Lemon
- SKINNY DIP
- Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger
- WHEATGRASS COCKTAIL
- Apple, Carrot, Wheatgrass
- Add Kambucha to any juice for free!
- MEDITERANEAN QUINOA SALAD
- Quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, Kalamata olives beets, peppers, balsamic vinaigrette
- CHIC’UN CAEZAR SALAD
- Romaine, Chic`un` patty, caezar dressing, brazil nut parm and garlic bread
- RAWTHENTIC SALAD
- Spring Mix, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, sprouts, hemp, Balsamic dressing
- PAD THAI SALAD
- Zucchini and kelp noodles, almonds, greens cashews, peppers, almond Thai dressing
- FIESTA SALAD
- Romaine, mixed hemp dressing, tomato, pepper, falafel, nacho nut cheese, olives
- BUILD YOUR OWN BASIC SALAD
- Base, 3 toppings and dressing of choice
- WARRIOR WRAP
- Falafel, beet, carrot, sprout, spring mix, cashew hummus, mixed dressing
- AVOCADO SANDWICH WRAP
- Creamy cashew dill dressing, cucumbers, tomato, sprout, spring mix, avocado, salt, pepper, cayenne
- CHIPOTLE BURRITO WRAP
- Romaine, Chipotle veggies, peppers, brown basmati rice tomato, and pumpkin taco meat spread
- PESTO CHIC’UN WRAP
- Pesto, sundried tomato, chic’un’ patty, cucumbers, spring mix, Caesar dressing
- GREEK WRAP
- Wrap, Tzatziki, quinoa, falafel, tomato, spinach, olives, cucumbers, peppers
- CURRY WRAP
- Creamy dill, brown basmati rice, falafel ball, spinach, marinated veggies, curry sauce, tomatoes
- GODDESS BOWL
- Basmati, spring mix, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, sprouts, sesame dressing
- NAMASTE BOWL
- Basmati rice, spring mix, curry veggies, tomatoes, carrots, curry sauce, Creamy Dill Kale chip crumble
- CLEANSE SALAD
- Spring Mix, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, sprouts, hemp, Balsamic dressing
- TSAMURAI BOWL
- Basmati rice, Chic’un patty, spring mix, teriyaki veggies, teriyaki dressing, carrots, red peppers, sesame seeds
- CARRIBA BOWL
- Basmati rice, romaine, chipotle veggies, Chipotle sauce, avocado, tomatoes, carrots, kale chip crumble
- PORTABELLA PESTO PASTA BOWL
- Zucchini noodles, walnut meatballs, tomatoes walnut pesto, spinach, brazil nut parm, chives
Rawthentic Desserts! Let the pictures speak for themselves!
Victoria’s Top Meal Prep and Delivery Service is 100% Gluten Free!
Enjoy a 25% discount on your first Wolf Meal Prep order by using the code ‘CELIAC’
W.O.L.F. WAY OF LIFE FOODS
W.O.LF. understands the demands of life. We’re all busy and have hectic schedules to manage. W.O.LF. knows finding the time and balance to maintain a healthy diet can be a struggle.
W.O.LF. makes healthy, gluten-free eating easy for you, a friend or family member so that you can focus your energy on other important areas of life. Enjoy quick, nutritious, delicious celiac-safe meals without a second thought.
W.O.L.F. is a healthy, freshly prepared weekly meal delivery service based in Victoria, BC. Each week’s menu is thoughtfully prepared to ensure a perfect result and variety for all tastes. All of their ingredients and recipes are 100% gluten-free, refined sugar-free and can be accommodated to meet your dietary requirements. Locally sourced whenever possible, W.O.L.F. sweetens with honey, pure maple syrup and/or whole fruit including the pulp.
W.O.L.F. lists all of their ingredients on their menu, so you know exactly what goes into your food. Items containing dairy are clearly identified. In this way, you can select items to avoid allergens, or simply things you don’t care for. Vegetarian? No problem!
Every week W.O.L.F. provides you with a menu to choose from See sample menu. Place your order from Monday to Thursday before 11am. Your selections are then delivered right to your door. No need for stressful shopping, preparing and cooking meals for you or your family.
W.O.L.F. meals are prepped and cooked fresh, never frozen. They use air tight containers and vacuum seal technology to ensure optimal freshness. Just boil and reduce to simmer. Heat 5-7 minutes. Then enjoy healthy, whole food cooked home style!
- How it works
- Delivery Info
- Customer Reviews
- Order now
- Gift Certificates
- Who WOLF works with
- Follow W.O.L.F. on Facebook • Instagram • Twitter
Watch the video below to see exactly how it works! Scroll down to image gallery!
A must-visit destination for anyone who loves fabulous baking in general! Wild Poppy serves savoury breakfasts and light lunches with soup, baguettes and everything you could ask for in a deli – all from documented to be gluten-free, peanut-free ingredients. Find Wild Poppy just one quick block off the Trans Canada Highway 1 in Ladysmith – turn left at the Buller Street lights.
Hours: Tues-Fri 8-5 Sat 8-4 Closed Sundays, Mondays & Stat Holidays
Wild Poppy Facebook Page
Testimonial: “We had Madeline’s cousin visiting from Halifax for a couple weeks. When we toured them up to Chemainus/Ladysmith all eight of us (one celiac) enjoyed a delicious meal at Wild Poppy. We had to have take out as the restaurant was full. Wonderful to see.”
As co-owners of the Old Town (Wheat) Bakery at 510 1st Avenue in Ladysmith, Vancouver Island, Kate Cram and husband Geoff could easily be considered local celebrities! As an ‘Associate with the Culinary Institute of America‘ who also undertook to certify as a Red Seal Baker in Canada, Kate is truly baker’s baker!
Two children later, Kate and Geoff’s young sons began to experience persistent health issues that had them resorting to a gluten-free diet in search of relief. The improvement was nothing short of remarkable and a heads up to Kate that gluten may be taking a toll on her own health. The couple found themselves at a professional and personal cross roads with Kate contemplating the end of a career she loved, and their children unable to set foot within the family business.
That’s how Wild Poppy Bakery and Bistro was born!
Enjoy a delicious gluten-free Northern Indian buffet from 11am to 3pm, 7 days per week for just $13.99! Guaranteed to satisfy. You can also order your favourite East Indian dishes from their comprehensive menu – 90% gluten-free. . Gluten-free items clearly noted on menu. Dedicated deep fryer. Pure heaven for East Indian aficionados!
Find them at 815 Cloverdale Ave (in the Designer Shoe Warehouse / HomeSense Mall.) See map.
Royal Spice embraces the spirit of true Indian Cuisine with a mix of both traditional & inventive new takes on this beloved ethnic cuisine. Their team of chefs strive to give us our best gluten-free experience of Indian flavor. Enjoy authentic Indian cooking in a casual, family friendly environment. Learn more about Royal Spice
- Vegetable Pakora – Cauliflower, potato, onions, spinach, carrots deep fried in chickpea flour batter
- Onion Bhaija – Deep Fried Onion Slices marinated with Chickpea batter
- Aloo Tikka Chaat – Crispy potato patties served with chickpea masala
- Gobhi Garlic – Crispy fried cauliflower tossed with garlic
- Paneer Pakora – Batter fried cottage cheese served with mint sauce
- Chicken Pakora – Batter fried boneless chicken served with mint sauce
- Chicken Wings – Overnight marinated chicken wings finished in clay oven or sautéd with spices, served with mint and yogurt chutney
- Fish Pakora – Batter fried fish served with mint sauce
- Calamari Pakora – Crispy fried calamari served with mint sauce
- Curried Mussels – Mussels simmered in onion sauce
- Dal – Lentil based soup
- Tomato – Lentil based soup with tomato
- Vegetable – Mélange of vegetables flavored with coconut milk
- Muligatawny – Lentil & Chicken based soup with fresh herbs & spices
- Lachha Onion, Garden Green, Kachumber and Caesar Salads
Gluten-Free Vegetarian Curries
- Dal Makhani – Black lentil simmered overnight on slow charcoal fire finished with cream & butter
- Dal Tadka – Yellow lentil tempered cumin seeds & chillies
- Kadhi Pakora – A combination of dumpling in gram flour curry
- Bhindi Masala – Ladyfinger cooked with onions, Indian spices & herbs
- Aloo Gobhi – Fresh cauliflower & potatoes cooked with onion & tomatoes
- Palak Kofta – Spinach & vegetable dumplings served in creamy spinach sauce
- Mix Vegetable – Mélange of vegetables cooked with Indian spices & herbs
- Vegetable Vindaloo – Mélange of vegetables cooked with tangy tamarind based ginger & spice blend
- Eggplant Bharta (Seasoned Roasted Eggplant) – Mashed Eggplant cooked with peas, onion & tomato
- Chana Masala – A favourite dish from North India has chickpeas cooked with herbs & spices
- Shahi Paneer – Cottage cheese cubes cooked in cashew based curry with added dry fruits, saffron
- Mutter Paneer – Cottage cheese & peas in tomato based gravy finished with cream
- Chilli Paneer – Marinated cottage cheese deep fried, cooked with red chillies, onions, capsicum
- Paneer Saag – Cottage cheese cooked with pureed spinach & spices
- Paneer Tikka Masala – Marinated cottage cheese cubes grilled and cooked in rich tomato based gravy
- Malai Kofta – Soft cottage cheese dumplings simmered in aromatic cashew nut gravy
- Navratan Korma – Mix Vegetable and paneer in cashew based gravy
- Kadhai Paneer – Cottage cheese in a thick gravy made with cream, tomatoes and spices
- Paneer Handi – Cottage cheese in dry brown gravy base of onion with bell pepper & rich in spices
- Paneer Makhni – Cottage cheese cubes in rich tomato based gravy
- Aloo Mutter – Peas & potatoes in spiced creamy tomato based sauce
Gluten-Free Meat Curries
Gluten-Free Tandooris – baked in a clay oven and served with mint and yogurt chutney
- Tandoori Paneer – Cottage Cheese pieces barbequed on skewers in a traditional Indian Clay oven
- Tandoori Veg – Broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper & potato barbequed on skewers in clay oven
- Fish Tikka – Marinated fish finished in clay oven
- Chicken Tikka – Marinated boneless pieces of chicken with yoghurt ginger & spices
- Chick Mali Tikka – Chicken marinated in cream cheese, ginger, garlic & exotic spices
- Tandoori Chicken – Chicken barbequed on skewers in Tandoor
- Lamb Kebab – Lamb meat marinated with yoghurt, ginger- garlic paste & spices skewered in Tandoor
- Seekh Kabob – Minced Lamb Infused with Ginger, Chilies, Coriander, Cumin Skewered in Tandoor
- Tandoori Prawns – Prawns barbequed on skewers in Tandoor
- Tandoori Platter – Make your own platter with a blend of any of above four tandoori entrees’
- Lamb Chops – Marinated Lamb Chops with yoghurt, ginger- garlic paste & spices skewered in Tandoor
- One dish- rice based meals made with your choice of vegetable, chicken, lamb, beef, prawn or goat.
- Lachha Onion, Garden, Kachumber and Tandoori Caesar
Gluten-Free Side Orders
- Pickles, Mango Chutney, Papadams & Mint/Tamarind Chutney
Gluten-Free Rice Dishes
- Steamed Rice
- Pulao – Sautéed vegetable,cumin & peas tossed with rice
- Coconut – Rice cooked with coconut milk
- Pickles, Mango Chutney, Papadams and Mint/Tamarind Chutney
- Plain Yoghurt – Homemade curd
- Mix Raita – Yoghurt mixed with coarse vegetables
- Boondi Raita – Yoghurt mixed with tiny fried gram flour balls
- Pineapple Raita – Yoghurt mixed with pineapple
- Rasmalai – Cheese dumplings, steeped in a concoction of reduced milk
- Rice Pudding – Indian sweet made with rice & milk flavored with cardamom
- Gajar Ka Halwa – Shredded sweet carrots simmered with milk
- Sponge Rasgulla – Dumplings of cottage cheese cooked in light sugar syrup
- Ice Cream – Cardamom, Mango, Rose and Coconut
Royal Spice also offers catering services to events, weddings, graduations, corporate and holiday parties. Exceptional Indian food made with quality ingredients at affordable prices.
Anyone tuned into Vancouver Island’s gluten-free dining scene has heard the call of Union Street Grill’s amazing celiac-friendly menu – with its extensive selection of gluten-free appetizers, entrees and desserts.
Union Street Grill’s recipe is simple and effective – provide the Comox Valley with three essential ingredients! Good Food, Good Drinks and Good Times!
SUNDAYS AFTER 5PM: Kids’ meals are $2 off. Seniors receive a 10% discount. Frequent Diners earn double points!
Reserve: 250-897-0081 • 477 5th Street in Courtenay
Monday – Friday: 11 AM – 9 PM • Saturday – Sunday: 11 AM – 9 PM
NEWS! March 20, 2017: Union Street Re-Opens with Sleek New Design
Comox Valley posted Mar 20, 2017 at 11:00 AM
“Union Street Grill & Grotto is elevating the downtown Courtenay dining game. The Downtown Courtenay restaurant re-opened Monday, March 20 with a brand new look that paves the way for a new upper floor and a rooftop patio that, pending approval, will create the City of Courtenay’s first rooftop dining space.
“Building this new floor and possibly opening a rooftop patio changes the game in terms of what we offer our diners,” says Emily Cummings, one of the managers of the Union Street Grill & Grotto. “We’re so excited for this! Rooftop lounges are such a big city luxury – imagine sipping cocktails with your co-workers at lunch while you bask in the sun and watch the action buzzing on Fifth Street. We’ll be the only place in downtown Courtenay offering this kind of dining experience.”
A longtime favourite of Comox Valley locals – renowned for its made-from-scratch dishes, longtime support of local producers and vast selection of gluten-free options – Union Street Grill & Grotto has been serving up lunch and dinner in downtown Courtenay for more than 19 years.
Union Street Grill closed for renovations on February 16 and re-opened on Monday. During this first stage of renovations, the full-service dining section of the Grill underwent a sleek redesign and the foundation was laid for the addition of a second floor and, perhaps eventually, the rooftop patio.
Cummings says that future stages of the renovation will focus on revamping the Grotto to reflect the updated Union Street style, adding a second floor dining area and expanding the children’s play area.
“We want to create the best family-friendly dining experience in Courtenay,” she says, adding that they offer a wide selection of kid-approved menu options. “We don’t feel you should have to choose between enjoying an evening on the town and finding a sitter to entertain your kids. Sizzling-hot grill fare, great drinks and good times – we want to make sure your whole family can be there to enjoy it.”
Union Street Grill & Grotto is located at 477 Fifth Street in downtown Courtenay. The family-friendly, fully licensed restaurant offers a diverse lunch and dinner menu seven days a week, along with its popular gluten-free and take-out menus.”
Taco Revolution will be parked outside Red Arrow Brewing for every Tuesday for their famous $3 tacos – instead of the regular $4.
Taco Revolution’s tortillas are prepared fresh daily at their dedicated gluten-free facility, made with Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free, non-GMO corn flour! Authentic Guajillo, Ancho, Achiote, Chipotle spices and cocao are imported from dedicated facilities in Mexico. All other ingredients are sourced fresh, and as locally as possible from cod to cilantro, carrots to tomatoes! No gluten is allowed on the food truck – full stop! Love, love, love the Revolution!
Taco Revolution tacos are so good you will want them every day, and that’s possible: Keep tabs on Taco Revolution no matter where they go!
Bring the Taco Revolution to your event. They can can take care of your guests with their “All-you-can-eat taco parties”. Basically, it’s like having an open bar, but with tacos! Our prices typically range from $15 to $20 per person depending on the menu.
Easy is their middle name! Taco Revolution provides all necessary biodegradable serviceware (plates, napkins, forks, etc.) and for an extra cost we can provide non-alcoholic drinks as well. Let us give you the peace of mind you deserve during your event!
We’d love to hear about your upcoming event. Let them know the desired date, the proposed number of attendees and your preferred budget. [email protected] or call 250-244-6492
Taco Revoluion serves in Victoria, Duncan, Chemainus, Ladysmith, Cedar, Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville, Qualicum Beach and anywhere in between.
Every Tuesday – Music Night – 7-9:30pm • Open Mike Night for Singer Songwriters
Crows Restaurant isa family-style casual diner that offers a mostly gluten-free menu. Just ask your server! Crows’ deep fryer is dedicated gluten-free so you can have your way with their fries, poutine, hearty breakfasts to sumptuous dinners. Find Crows Restaurant right next door to the Ramada Inn at 123 Gorge Road East at Albany Street. Plenty of free parking. Accessible.
Open 7 days per week 7am to 9:30 pm
- Breakfast Menu – served Monday to Thursday 7 am – 11 am and Friday to Sunday 7 am – 2:30 pm
- Includes Gluten-Free French Toast & Pancakes to order. Please allow for additional prep time.
- Lunch Menu – served Monday to Thursday 11 am – 1:30 pm and Friday to Sunday 7 am – 2:30 pm
- Dinner Menu – served between 5 pm and 9:30 pm – 7 Days a week
More than great gluten-free food, Crows Restaurant offers entertainment, arts and even date nights!
Every Tuesday – Music Night – 7-9:30pm
- Open Mike Night for Singer Songwriters
First Saturday Night & Third Thursdays – Paint Nite – starting 6:30 pm
- Discover a different nite out! Paint and party with friends at Crows Restaurant
The Celiac Scene™ is your premier resource for fabulous gluten-free living in Victoria, Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands. Owned & operated by celiacs, we guide you to restaurants we trust and local gluten-free products we love! We even tell you where to purchase them, at the very best prices. Enjoy national ‘celiac’ news, local reviews and non-stop gluten-free event notices. The Celiac Scene is your gateway to Gluten-Free Paradise!