Enjoy Rawthentic Eatery’s Rotating Specials Every Day of the Week! Always Raw, Dairy-Free & Vegan!
This week’s special – Buy any Meal, Juice or Smoothie and get an additional Smoothie for 50% off.
January Special – Make a Major Health Shift
20% off the 3 day Juice Cleanse (Reg $112.50 on for $89.99)
- 4 – 14oz reg sized juices of your choice with a shot of wheatgrass each day.
25% off the 7 Day Food Cleanse will be on for 25% off (Reg $266 on for $199.99).
- a juice and shot of wheatgrass in the morning along with two meals for the rest of the day.
Our staff are available to help you out. if you want more details.
Check out Bulk Order Desserts on special … an in-store order sheet is available near the till.
New store hours for the cooler months:
- Victoria: Mon-Fri 8:30 – 7:30 • Sat 9:30 – 7:30 • Sun 10 – 7
- Courtenay: Mon-Fri 8:30 – 7:00 • Sat 10 – 6 • Sun 10 – 7
- Parksville: Mon-Sat 9 – 7
VICTORIA Rawthentic Eatery is pleased to announce a partnership with ‘Skip the Dishes!’ If you you live in the Victoria area you can order food and have it deliver to your work place, home or even while you are waiting in a line up just about anywhere in their delivery radius for a small fee! If you spend $20 or more, the delivery is FREE. If it is your first time using skip the dish, put HUNGRY into the promo code and you will get a $7 credit on your first order (min $15 order).
COURTENAY Rawthentic Eatery – Enjoy healthy happy food to you at your work place, home or if you are stuck in a line up. All you have to do is call Rawthentic at 250-338-0571, order your food and before you know it, it’s time to eat healthy, delicious food. There is a delivery fee of $4.50 for this service BUT if you order $35 or more in food the delivery fee is FREE. Stuck at work and want a smoothie but don’t have enough time to drive and get it, no problem, just talk a handful of your co-workers into getting a smoothie too and we will deliver them to you for FREE. At home and vegging out to a good series but also have a craving for some veggies…no problem…hit pause and call Rawthentic. Whatever your situation is, we can be there for you.
NEW Location! Parksville! Rawthentic’s great gluten-free, dairy-free, raw, vegan food can now be found at 144 Morison Avenue. (250) 586-4406 Learn more here.
Rawthentic has created a CLEANSE GUIDE BOOK and is making it available for FREE. 10 pages of exclusive information will help you make transitional changes with your diet. Tips on how to detoxify comfortably, how to snack properly, and how to heal (lose weight) without compromise.
Email [email protected] with ‘Please Send the Guide Book’ in the subject line and it will be emailed to you.
At both of our locations, Courtenay and Victoria, we are introducing our new website, and with that we are beginning an excellent online grocery shopping experience.
How it works:
- STEP 1 – You Pre-order and pre-pay
- STEP 2 – We add your request to our next order.
- STEP 3 – We contact you once it has arrived and pass on substantial savings.
Click here to learn about Rawthentic Eatery’s Bulk Grocery Program (scroll down for poster)
Follow Rawthentic’s Facebook Page to be the first to know about their weekly specials!
VIEW RAWTHENTIC’S MENU HERE or scroll down (selection may vary)
- ON THE RUN? Choose from a variety of dishes made fresh daily ready-to-go to make your trip into Rawthentic faster. REAL! FOOD! FAST!
• Click here to learn about Rawthentic Eatery’s Bulk Grocery Program (scroll down for poster)
• Shop Rawthentic’s Online Store for Victoria • Shop Rawthentic’s Online Store for Courtenay
• Visit Rawthentic in Courtenay • Visit Rawthentic in Victoria
• Instagram • Facebook • Website
- Everything is made fresh in house with real food … no fillers, preservatives or refined food.
- Sauces are made fresh every day using nuts, seeds, cold pressed olive oil and hemp as their base.
- Wraps are made in-house, dehydrated at 115˚ to keep enzymes alive and made with only ground flax and vegetables.
- Rawthentic’s almond mylk is made fresh every day.
- Most of the to-go containers, straws, cutlery are made with corn so they are biodegradable.
- Apple juice is cold pressed and unpasteurized – in other words, juiced right off the tree.
- Rawthentic smoothie boosters are real, unprocessed super foods: chia (perfect anti-oxidant and intestinal cleanser), hemp hearts (big protein boost), goji (anti-oxidant and high in protein), acai (high anti-oxidant and energy boost), maca (energy boost)
- Count on Rawthentic’s raw food catering service for your important occasion – social or business – for up to 200 guests for weddings, birthdays, dinner parties and corporate events. See what our inspiring, healthy, eye-catching raw food can bring to your event from wedding and birthday cakes or any other raw delight that you can think of! Get in touch with their knowledgeable raw food experts. Learn more …
About the Owner
- Not only is Bill Hadikin the owner of Rawthentic – he’s their best customer. He has been enjoying vegan raw food since 2004 when he went through a personal journey discovering health in his life. He lost over 50lbs of weight in the process while feeling amazing. “Don’t just eat it ‘cause it tastes good … learn why it is good for you at the same time.” Learn more …
- Coconut Water, Acai, Goji, Chia, Dates, Spinach, Blueberries, Lemon
- GLOWING GODDESS
- Apple Juice, Hemp, Dates, Banana, Vanilla, Sour Cherry, Raspberries
- Apple Juice, Dates, Pear, Kale, Ginger,Raspberry
- Coconut Water, Spirulina, Chia, Hemp, Dates, Spinach, Blueberries
- BERRY BUNNY
- Carrot Juice Blackberry, Hemp, Vanilla, Dates, Banana
- MANGO LIME ZINGER
- Apple Juice, Dates, Banana, Mango, Spinach, Lime, Ginger
- HAWAIIAN SUNSET
- Apple Juice, Coconut, Chia, Dates, Strawberries & Pineapple
- BEET TREAT
- Beets, Carrot, Apple, Ginger, Lemon
- LOVE & LIGHT
- Orange, Lemon, Apple, Ginger, Turmeric
- GREEN & CLEAN
- Kale, Cukes, Celery, Ginger, Apple, Lemon
- SKINNY DIP
- Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger
- WHEATGRASS COCKTAIL
- Apple, Carrot, Wheatgrass
- Add Kambucha to any juice for free!
- MEDITERANEAN QUINOA SALAD
- Quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, Kalamata olives beets, peppers, balsamic vinaigrette
- CHIC’UN CAEZAR SALAD
- Romaine, Chic`un` patty, caezar dressing, brazil nut parm and garlic bread
- RAWTHENTIC SALAD
- Spring Mix, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, sprouts, hemp, Balsamic dressing
- PAD THAI SALAD
- Zucchini and kelp noodles, almonds, greens cashews, peppers, almond Thai dressing
- FIESTA SALAD
- Romaine, mixed hemp dressing, tomato, pepper, falafel, nacho nut cheese, olives
- BUILD YOUR OWN BASIC SALAD
- Base, 3 toppings and dressing of choice
- WARRIOR WRAP
- Falafel, beet, carrot, sprout, spring mix, cashew hummus, mixed dressing
- AVOCADO SANDWICH WRAP
- Creamy cashew dill dressing, cucumbers, tomato, sprout, spring mix, avocado, salt, pepper, cayenne
- CHIPOTLE BURRITO WRAP
- Romaine, Chipotle veggies, peppers, brown basmati rice tomato, and pumpkin taco meat spread
- PESTO CHIC’UN WRAP
- Pesto, sundried tomato, chic’un’ patty, cucumbers, spring mix, Caesar dressing
- GREEK WRAP
- Wrap, Tzatziki, quinoa, falafel, tomato, spinach, olives, cucumbers, peppers
- CURRY WRAP
- Creamy dill, brown basmati rice, falafel ball, spinach, marinated veggies, curry sauce, tomatoes
- GODDESS BOWL
- Basmati, spring mix, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, sprouts, sesame dressing
- NAMASTE BOWL
- Basmati rice, spring mix, curry veggies, tomatoes, carrots, curry sauce, Creamy Dill Kale chip crumble
- CLEANSE SALAD
- Spring Mix, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, sprouts, hemp, Balsamic dressing
- TSAMURAI BOWL
- Basmati rice, Chic’un patty, spring mix, teriyaki veggies, teriyaki dressing, carrots, red peppers, sesame seeds
- CARRIBA BOWL
- Basmati rice, romaine, chipotle veggies, Chipotle sauce, avocado, tomatoes, carrots, kale chip crumble
- PORTABELLA PESTO PASTA BOWL
- Zucchini noodles, walnut meatballs, tomatoes walnut pesto, spinach, brazil nut parm, chives
Rawthentic Desserts! Let the pictures speak for themselves!
Is wheatgrass okay for celiacs?
The Canadian Celiac Association advises, “Wheat grass doesn’t contain any gluten protein and it is usually harvested before any seeds develop. The concern has always been that their might be seeds accidentally mixed in. Some manufacturers have started to test their products and can produce wheat or barley grass in a way that is not contaminated with gluten. Look for a product that is marked “gluten free” to be sure the manufacturer has considered the issue.”
Anyone tuned into Vancouver Island’s gluten-free dining scene has heard the call of Union Street Grill & Grotto’s amazing celiac-friendly menu – with its extensive selection of gluten-free appetizers, entrees and desserts.
Union Street Grill’s recipe is simple and effective – provide the Comox Valley with three essential ingredients! Good Food, Good Drinks and Good Times!
Reserve: 250-897-0081 • 477 5th Street in Courtenay
SUNDAYS AFTER 5PM: Kids’ meals are $2 off. Seniors receive a 10% discount. Frequent Diners earn double points!
A must-visit destination for anyone who loves fabulous baking in general!
(Closed Sundays, Mondays & Stat Holidays)
Wild Poppy offers daily discounts on savoury breakfasts and light lunches with soup, baguettes. Wild Poppy is everything you could ask for in a deli – all from documented to be gluten-free, peanut-free ingredients. Find Wild Poppy just one quick block off the Trans Canada Highway 1 in Ladysmith – turn left at the Buller Street lights.
Hours: Tues-Fri 8-5 Sat 8-4 Closed Sundays, Mondays & Stat Holidays
Wild Poppy Facebook Page
Testimonial: “We had Madeline’s cousin visiting from Halifax for a couple weeks. When we toured them up to Chemainus/Ladysmith all eight of us (one celiac) enjoyed a delicious meal at Wild Poppy. We had to have take out as the restaurant was full. Wonderful to see.”
As co-owners of the Old Town (Wheat) Bakery at 510 1st Avenue in Ladysmith, Vancouver Island, Kate Cram and husband Geoff could easily be considered local celebrities! As an ‘Associate with the Culinary Institute of America‘ who also undertook to certify as a Red Seal Baker in Canada, Kate is truly baker’s baker!
Two children later, Kate and Geoff’s young sons began to experience persistent health issues that had them resorting to a gluten-free diet in search of relief. The improvement was nothing short of remarkable and a heads up to Kate that gluten may be taking a toll on her own health. The couple found themselves at a professional and personal cross roads with Kate contemplating the end of a career she loved, and their children unable to set foot within the family business.
That’s how Wild Poppy Bakery and Bistro was born!
Fine food, casual atmosphere and great music. Eat, drink, listen and relax. Route 14 is the place where everyone knows your name and staff have your favourite gluten-free brew – Bard’s Beer – ready for you!
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Sooke, BC. Happy to serve Jaun de Fuca Trail, Jordan River, Sombrio, Wiffen Spit, French Beach & Esquimalt. Short drive from Sooke Potholes!
If you’re visiting Vancouver Island for the first time – Route 14 Pub is your last chance to dine gluten free before you surf Jordan River, trek the West Coast Trail, party in Port Renfrew or drive the Pacific Marine Route to Lake Cowichan. Find Route 14 at the epicentre of all things gluten-free, the corner of Sooke Road and Townsend. route14sooke.com • Facebook • Instagram • 778-352-1414
Monday to Thursday: 11:30AM to 8:30PM
Friday & Saturday: 11:30AM to 9:30PM
Sundays: 12PM to 8PM
It doesn’t get any better than the testimony of a diagnosed celiac, cycling through Sooke with miles to go before he sleeps!
- “Just had a great gluten-free meal at Route 14 in Sooke. Awesome menu with gluten-free notations and a great chef that isn’t afraid to use spices. I ordered a Morroccan Korma dish that was so good I asked for a spoon so I would not waste a drop. Owner Stew was a great host – well aware and talked to the chef immediately when I had a question about soup of the day. My small intestine can verify this is the best restaurant I have been to in months! I am celiac, diagnosed just 7 months ago, and I am absolutely confident this establishment is on the ball!”
Route 14 Sooke – Gluten-Free Offerings – Selection May Vary
- Charcuterie Board – Chef’s selection of Artisan Meats, Fine Cheeses, House-mixed Olives & Red Pepper Sweet Corn Relish
Soups and Salads
- Soup of the Day – Ask your server whether their Chef-inspired Daily Creation is gluten free. Cup or Bowl
- Seasonal Organic Greens – Toasted Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds, Sun-dried Cranberries, Cucumber, Heirloom Tomatoes, Capriny Goat Cheese, Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Roast Carrot & Grapefruit Salad (GF) – Roast Baby Carrots & Grapefruit Slices, Arugala, Crumbled Cashews, Capriny Goat Cheese, Vegetable Chips, Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
- Add to any Salad – Butter Prawns, Char Grilled Chicken Breast or Pan Seared Salmon
- House Burger – 6oz Fresh Angus Chuck Beef Burger, Smoked Cheddar, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato & Pickle, Brioche Bun – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Chicken Burger – Char Grilled 5oz Chicken Breast, Havarti Cheese, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Olive Tapenade, Lettuce & Tomato, Brioche Bun – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Veggie Burger – 6oz Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Fresh Herb Quinoa House made Patty, Capriny Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomato Aioli, Roast Red Pepper & Corn Relish, Lettuce & Tomato – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Chef’s Club Sandwich – Smoked Turkey Breast, Smoked Cheddar, Maple Bacon, Avocado Aioli, Lettuce & Tomato – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Route 14 Reuben – Montreal Corned Beef Brisket stacked with Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, Dijon Aioli – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Roast Beef Melt – AAA Seasoned Roast Beef, Gruyere Cheese, Carmelized Onions, Horseradish Aioli, Pretzel Sub – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Add ons – Maple Bacon, Side Gravy or Free Range Fried Egg
Dinner – After 5pm
- Curried Vegetable Korma (GF) – A Traditional mildly spiced, savory Curry with a Cashew Coconut Masala base, Seasonal Vegetables & Basmati Rice (Add Chicken or Prawns)
- Chef’s Signature Paella (GF) – Mussels, Prawns, Fresh Fish, Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Basmati Rice and Seasonal Vegetables, Spicy Saffron Tomato Sauce
- Free Range Chicken (GF) – Pan Fried Semi Boneless Chicken Breast stuffed with Herbed Capriny Goat Cheese & wrapped in Prosciutto. Sweet Corn & Red Pepper Risotto, Sundried Tomato Demi
- Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin (GF) – Cajun Rubbed Organic Pork Tenderloin, Whipped Roast Garlic Potato, Seasonal Vegetables, Maple Rosemary Demi, Curried Apple Gastrique\
- Wild BC Salmon (GF) – Pan-Seared Wild Pacific Salmon, Sundried Cranberry & Toasted Pumpkin Seed Quinoa Pilaf, Seasonal Vegetables, Apple Ginger Gastrique
- Brome Lake Duck (GF) – Pan roasted Duck Breast, Potato Gratin, Seasonal Vegetables, Port Wine Demi
- Roast Lamb Sirloin (GF) – Lemon Dijon Marinated Fresh Lamb, Whipped Roast Garlic Potato, Seasonal Vegetables, Mint Demi
- 10oz AAA Sterling Silver Striploin (GF) – Our Char Grilled Peppercorn Crusted Striploin is chosen from the top 12% of all AAA Certified Beef. This perfectly cut Steak is grilled to your specifications & served with Potato Gratin, Seasonal Vegetables & Madagascar Green Peppercorn Whiskey Demi
Dessert – Ask about their ever-changing Dessert Menu
Children – Rainbow Bread Grilled Cheese with Salad – ask for GF Udi’s Bun
- Bard’s Beer – the best in Gluten-Free!
- Pop, Juice & Milk, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7up, Ginger Ale, Iced Tea, Cranberry, Milk
- Juices – Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple
Stay tuned to all things Sooke via Sooke Pocket News – Real News – No Paper! Traffic, weather and everything you need to know to enjoy the good gluten-free life on Vancouver Island’s Best West Coast!
ORDER NOW! – Order weekly between Sunday 5pm – Thursday 11am. FREE delivery every Sunday. $80 minimum.
Way Of Life Foods A.K.A “Wolf” is a freshly prepared weekly 100% gluten-free meal prep delivery service. We make it easy, so you don’t have to make it at all! Order for the week from our gluten-free and refined sugar-free menu, offering healthy and affordable homestyle meals, conveniently ready to re-heat and eat. Excellent variety and flexibility with easy online ordering and FREE delivery every Sunday! Eat Better, Feel Better, Live Better. Learn more …
How it Works – Watch the video!
- Order Online Sunday 5pm – Thursday 11am
- FREE Delivery Every Sunday
- Meals – Delivered fresh for the week (Stored in fridge up to 7 days)
- Free delivery every Sunday. Your delivery time may vary, however, should continue to be around the same each week/delivery. As we grow, delivery info may be subject to change but we will always do our best to keep you informed. If you would like to know an approx. eta. for an upcoming delivery, please contact us the day before (Saturday) delivery. Learn more …
The Celiac Scene™ is your premier resource for fabulous gluten-free living in Victoria, Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands. Owned & operated by celiacs, we guide you to restaurants we trust and local gluten-free products we love! We even tell you where to purchase them, at the very best prices. Enjoy national ‘celiac’ news, local reviews and non-stop gluten-free event notices. The Celiac Scene is your gateway to Gluten-Free Paradise!