- “Your flour has given me my life back. I can bake again for the first time in years confidently.”
From desserts to scones to fish & chips, El Faro’s Flour Blend forms the foundation of all of the baking at El Faro Fusion’s 100% gluten-free restaurant. Now we can enjoy their artisan mix in our own kitchens!
“From hard times come small gifts. In the spring of 2019 we formulated our gluten-free flour and then sidelined the project. During Covid we couldn’t find our favourite gluten-free flour and everything we tried just didn’t measure up to our expectations in creating our favourite baked goods.”
“We pulled out the formula we created and made our favourite scones with it. We nailed it!! The quality, taste and texture were beyond our wildest dreams for anything gluten free. We then shared it with our valued customers and friends for feedback and their overwhelming positive feedback and encouragement led us to you!! We are so excited for you to try our flour for all of your baking adventures!”
“We would love to hear from you. Please feel free to share your baking adventures with us at [email protected]“
“Little by little I am working through my favourite cookie recipes now using your flour. Nothing but success! These ones are particularly good, ginger crinkles! They turned out better than ever. With your flour I am actually thoroughly enjoying baking (and eating) my gluten-free treats again!”
“Today I made one of my favourite recipes that I haven’t been able to make for years … Toblerone Shortbread. Oh my goodness, they turned out so well! You’ve restored my faith in baking. Thank you so much!”
Ingredients: Brown Rice Flour, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Potato Starch, Sorghum Flour, Sweet Rice Flour, Arrowroot Starch and Xanthan Gum.
- Beauregard Cafe & Provisions (Brentwood Bay)
- Country Grocer (Salt Spring Island)
- Door Way Drop (Greater Victoria)
- El Faro Restaurant (Pender Island)
- Fairway Market (Quadra)
- Farmgate Store (Mayne Island)
- Five Star Wholesale (Parksville)
- Heaven on Earth (Qualicum)
- Market on Millstream (Langford)
- Pomme Natural Market (Nanaimo)
- Surplus Sam’s (Burnaby)
- Tru Value Foods (Pender Island)
El Faro Fusion Restaurant – Pender Island
We put love in our food and it comes back to us! If you’re one of life’s adventurers, you will always be welcome at El Faro.
If you are catching a ferry to Pender Island, give us a call at 250-951-6224. Enjoy your trip across the water and and we’ll have your order ready to go when you arrive. El Faro is just 1.5km from the ferry terminal. See map here.
HOURS: Tuesday & Wednesday 11am – 4pm. Thursday – Saturday 11am – 7pm. Closed Sun-Mon
- Winter Closure: January 1st – 18th
“At El Faro, we create 100% gluten-free, naturally hand-crafted fusion cuisine. We believe that good food heals the body as well as the soul. All our dishes are vibrant, delicious, fresh and fun and made with locally sourced, organic and sustainable ingredients.” Learn more about El Faro …
Cream Tea – Available anytime with 24 hour advance notice.
- Classic English afternoon tradition! Fresh scone, strawberry jam and Cornish clotted cream! Served with your favourite tea.
Food Menu (selection may vary)
- Mesclun Salad • El Faro Signature Salad • Tostada Salad
- Sides • Fresh Cornbread • House-made Tortilla Chips • House-made Salsa
- Fish & Chips • Bliss Bowl • Traditional Poutine • Epic Poutine
- Bone Broth • Tortilla Soup • Tostada
- Tacos: 6″ Organic Non-GMO Corn Tortilla: Bean and Cheese • Free Range Chicken • Steak Taco • Vegetarian Taco • Asian • Hawaiian Chicken Taco Inspired Taco • Fish Taco
- Korean BBQ Beef Bowl • Teriyaki Fish Bowl • Rock Cod
- Nachos – Vegetarian • Hawaiian
- Desserts – handmade daily, exclusively in-house: Bailey’s Infused Chocolate Mousse • Vegan Donut
Drinks – El Faro is fully licensed and features a great range of wines and bottle and draft beers
- Wine • House White • Organic Red • Locally crafted Wines from Seastar (April – September)
- Ciders • Strongbow • Twin Island Cider • Locally crafted on tap
- Beer • Philips Blue Buck • Sleeman’s Honey Brown • Gluten Free Lager
- Kombucha • Island Booch (made in house)