2016 is Here! Resolve to Be Prepared!
“Earthquake wake you? Check if you’re prepared for a disaster. Know the risks, make a plan, get a kit.”*
The B.C. Red Cross saw Victoria, BC’s December 30th shaker as an opportunity to remind people to check their emergency supplies.
Victoria-based TOTAL PREPARE offers these suggestions:
- It is wise for everyone to prepare a grab-and-go bag that will last for 72 hours.
- In earthquake zones, plan to be self-sufficient for 7 days.
- Water purification kits and tablets.
- Heat and shelter: foil sleeping bags and stoves in a can.
- Light and communication: crank flashlights and radios.
- First aid and sanitation: including pails with toilet seats.
- Store your supplies in your car, office, camper, outside in a shed, or at the front of your garage. NOT in the basement, which you may not have access to.
TOTAL PREPARE Goes Gluten Free
In the event of a disaster, we may not be able to depend on outside agencies to supply us with food, let alone gluten-free food, for up to seven days – or more. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your family, especially those with special dietary requirements, will have the food they need to survive. Their Legacy brand of certified gluten-free gourmet entrée options have been designed specifically for those who cannot consume gluten and other food allergens. Ingredients are 100% GMO Free, freeze-dried, easy to prepare – and delicious! Choose from the following products in a variety of combinations and quantities, all with a 25-year expiry date. Click on images below for more information. Complete details here.
TotalPrepare.ca • Facebook • Instagram • Twitter• 1-888-832-1733 • Victoria 778-265-5331 • email@example.com • Contact Form
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9:30-5:00. Saturday by appointment. Closed Sundays & Stats
Book a Total Prepare Workshop!
Watch the TOTAL PREPARE Video Here!
In times of crisis, can you trust that there will be food options available for yourself and/or the gluten-free person in your life? Victoria-based TOTAL PREPARE offers Certified Gluten-Free Legacy Premium Meals.
- Safe for celiacs, the gluten-sensitive and wheat-allergic.
- Simple to prepare – just add water.
- No MSG, no trans fat, low in fat, no cholesterol, good source of fiber
- Made in the USA
- 100% Certified GMO Free
- Lowest cost per serving and calorie in the food storage industry
- Meals come packaged in 4-serving Mylar pouches with an Oxygen Absorber and a Nitrogen Flush
- Guaranteed to last for 25 years.
- Mylar pouches stored in a stackable, heavy-duty, BPA-free plastic bucket
- Read more about Legacy Premium Meals
*An earthquake measured at 4.8 magnitude shook Greater Victoria at 11:39 p.m. Tuesday, December 30th, reported The Times Colonist:
- “that REALLY shook the house here in Saanich. Ducked and covered. My poor cat” — Tom Clements
- “felt it in Nanaimo, chair shook, like something fell behind it but nothing else moved in the room” — Sharon Erickson
- “Wow! Felt the largest #earthquake in my near 16 years living on #SaltSpring. 4.9 – Scary!” — Lynda Monk
- Anonymous comments posted to emsc-csem.org, which tracks earthquakes:
- “I felt two brief periods of shaking. Nothing fell off the walls or tables, it was more or a swaying than jerking feeling. The first period lasted a few seconds, with some rumbling. After about five seconds, a second swaying and rumbling started again lasting a few seconds.” — Brentwood Bay
- “Loud rumble followed by the whole house shaking. A plant fell off a shelf. Strong enough that we felt we had to check the basement and the brickwork outside for cracks and/or damage.” — Sidney
- “I heard the earthquake before I felt it. It sounded like a large vehicle moving closer towards my house. The earthquake arrived with a bang.” — Saanich
- “House shook for a good 30 seconds hard and steady , only 4 miles from epi center” — Saanich
- “Felt it enough to get up and will certainly have a good look around our century home in Fairfield neighbourhood Victoria. Could truly feel the house shake and xmas tree was swaying.” — Victoria