Tuesday, May 8th to Monday, May 14th
New to Pepper’s Foods!
La Dee Da Gourmet Sauces are made in Ontario and are going to be your new fave sauces if eating vegan and gluten-free is a requirement. Even if they’re not, you’re still going to want to try these super versatile sauces!
- Savoury Mushroom Basil Sauce, which, as the website states: This vegan sauce is our “open and pour sauce”. It can be used over pasta, chicken, pork, fish, vegan/vegetarian dishes, enjoyed over rice or quinoa or as your new favourite gluten free gravy! Dairy-free so you can add it to a crock pot without any issue! Experience how flavourful a “cream” sauce made from veggies can be.
- Twelve Veggie Tomato Sauce is one of the only sauces on the market that you can eat both hot or cold! Amazingly versatile, it can be used as a salsa, bruschetta topping, pizza sauce, pasta sauce, enjoyed over rice or quinoa, soup base, chili base and pairs well with any meat or fish. No acidity as it is produced with water versus sugar typically found in other sauces.
- Butternut Squash Beet Sauce a brilliantly delectable tomato-less alternative. For those who can’t digest nightshades such as tomatoes, eggplant and peppers (to name a few), itoffers a delicious solution (and of course can also be enjoyed on almost any diet). Fantastic over pasta, as a pizza sauce or simply for dipping! Try our ‘No-Mato’ Sauce and taste what you’ve been missing.
Go Co Bites, gently toasted coconut pressed into bite sized pieces which will soon become your new “go to” snack! Available in Simply Coconut, Coconut with Salted Caramel and Coconut with Cocoa they’re gluten free, high in fibre and full of delicious coconut flavour!
Nature’s Path Organic Grain Free Granola in Vanilla Poppy Seed and Caramel Pecan flavours, sweetened with coconut sugar. These paleo friendly granolas are made with seeds and nuts and are a great source of Omega-3 polyunsaturates!
Our gluten-free favourites are on sale!
- Glutino Chocolate or Yogurt Covered Pretzels – $4.46
- Plum-m-Good Rice Cakes – $3.86
A bustling market just steps away from the University of Victoria and one of the largest playgrounds in Victoria, shop at Pepper’s Foods for a picnic, a barbecue or the gluten-free foods you need to sustain you week in and week out! A long-time supporter of the Canadian Celiac Association’s Annual Picnic, Pepper’s Foods is the very ‘heart’ of Cadboro Bay!
• Sale on Gluten-Free Items
• Weekly Specials
• Gluten-Free Product List
• Deliveries to Your Door
• 10% Student discount EVERY day!
• 10% Senior’s discount Tuesdays and Wednesdays
What’s New at Pepper’s Foods!
“Any time a local vendor or distributor approaches us with a local product, we’re all ears and open to carrying their product.”
- Scott Zaichkowsky, Assistant Grocery Manager
Gyro Park & Beach at Cadboro Bay
The legendary home of the “Cadborosaurus” sea serpent, Cadboro Bay is a partially protected bay with the kind of long, sandy beaches that make for sublime summer swimming, strolling and boating. The park has a replica of the Cadborosaurus creature, said to be a relative of the Loch Ness Monster. Caddy, as it is known, usually allows itself to be seen once or twice a year. Cadboro Bay’s beaches are well-equipped for family outings with picnic facilities, public washrooms and a children’s playground. Pack a snack from Pepper’s and enjoy!