Formerly Wild Poppy Bistro, the newly re-opened Wild Poppy Market offers thoughtfully delicious grab & go meals, drinks, local brands and absolutely spectacular gluten-free baking! Learn more about Wild Poppy Market …
NEW HOURS! Open 7 days per week – 9-5!
Find Wild Poppy Market just one quick block off Trans Canada Highway 1 in Ladysmith – turn left at the Buller Street lights, then right on 1st Avenue. Click here for map.
Baked Goods Menu – offerings change by day but can include muffins, scones, cinnamon rolls, cookies, pies, cheesecake and cream puffs.
- Gluten-free baking is created from documented to be gluten-free ingredients, in a dedicated space by personal dedicated to the task and then baked in dedicated gluten-free ovens. All utensils are dedicated and labelled gluten free.
- Gluten-free baking is displayed and served from within a dedicated area at the front end.
- Wheat donuts are prepared OFF SITE (never at Wild Poppy Market) then topped in a designated area away from the regular preparation flow, from ingredients used only for those purposes. Wheat donuts displayed in a cabinet and served from a designated area, away from the flow of the front end.
- A Note about Oats – pure oats are used in gluten-free “Date Squares’ and in ‘Overnight Oats.’ Oat flour is not used at Wild Poppy Market
Market Menu – offerings change by day but can include soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, panini, English muffins and bowls.
- Gluten-free menu items are carefully prepared on site, then wrapped or sealed, carefully displayed and identified as gluten-free (red stickers.)
- Wheat menu items are baked off site, carefully prepared on site using strict no cross-contact protocol. Typically sandwiches, wraps, panini, English muffins are then wrapped or sealed, carefully displayed and identified as vegan (green stickers) and / or containing wheat (blue stickers.)
Market Shopping – Wild Poppy is pleased to partner with ‘passionate people creating fabulous things’ from the Island and across Canada.
Enjoy your favourite gluten-free brands but note, some items do contain gluten in an effort to meet the needs of all customers.
Read ingredient labels carefully.
View the slider above to behold the breadth of available brands!
Upon graduating with an associate degree in Culinary Arts, she returned to the island to pursue a career in fine dining.
In August of 1999 she and her family, opened her first restaurant, The Sunflower Café.
In 2003, she opened Old Town Bakery in Ladysmith. The Old Town Bakery became very successful and is widely known for its cinnamon buns.
Happily, immersed in baking. Kate became a Red Seal Baker in 2008. In 2013, after experiencing many health challenges, Kate and her husband Geoff, opened Wild Poppy Bistro, a restaurant specializing in thoughtfully sourced and prepared foods with an emphasis on gluten free and vegan options.
In 2018, Kate became a Registered Holistic Nutritionist which aided in menu development and helped her to understand that food itself is natures best medicine.
Contact Kate at [email protected]
Support this Gluten-Free Crusader!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Gluten Free Restaurants and Stores
- Coping with Your Child’s Diagnosis on ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’July 29, 2021 - 10:38 am
- Introducing Country Prime Tender Meat SnacksJuly 27, 2021 - 10:28 am
- How Kinnikinnick Coped with Covid on ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’July 23, 2021 - 9:14 pm
- Introducing Art of Slow Food Sourdough Pizza DoughJuly 21, 2021 - 9:43 pm
- Soaring Cost of Gluten-Free Ingredients Could Trigger Price Hikes and Reformulated RecipesJuly 18, 2021 - 3:13 pm
all-day 10% Student Discount Every Day @ Pepper's Foods
10% Student Discount Every Day @ Pepper's Foods
Jul 31 all-day
University & College Students – enjoy 10% off EVERY DAY with provision of student ID card. Some restrictions apply. No discount on sale items. Click Here for Pepper’s Foods ONLINE STORE Gluten-Free Products ONLINE! A[...]
all-day All You Can Eat Fish & Chips $17.95 @ Pirate Chips Nanaimo
All You Can Eat Fish & Chips $17.95 @ Pirate Chips Nanaimo
Jul 31 all-day
Thursdays to Mondays: All you can eat Fish & Chips – just $17.95. No sharing. :) • Open for Dine-In, Take-Out or Delivery at #1-75 Front Street in Nanaimo. 250-753-2447 • piratechips.ca • Facebook • Instagram •[...]
all-day Daily Specials in Victoria & Cou... @ Rawthentic Eatery
Daily Specials in Victoria & Cou... @ Rawthentic Eatery
Jul 31 all-day
Click here for daily specials – refreshed every Tuesday! Rawthentic Eatery! Raw. Alive. Delicious.Why Raw Food? Raw food is great for everyone. One of the main goals of eating and drinking more raw foods is[...]
8:00 am Taco Revolution Mexican Foods @ Qualicum Beach Farmers Market
Taco Revolution Mexican Foods @ Qualicum Beach Farmers Market
Jul 31 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
If you’re in love with the fixings from Taco Revolution’s 100% Gluten-Free Food Truck, here’s your chance to enjoy their fresh tortillas and authentic Mexican spices, salsas, bean dips and taco fillings in your own[...]
10:00 am Art of Slow Food @ Moss Street Market
Art of Slow Food @ Moss Street Market
Jul 31 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
FARMERS’ MARKETS Saturdays Year Round: Moss Street Market & Duncan’s Farmers’ Market Saturdays May 9 to October 10th – Gabriola Farmer’s Market Sundays – Sidney Farmer’s Market – May 9 to October 10th & Cedar Farmer’s Market – May[...]