Selena De Vries, the Celiac Dietitian, is back with the Canadian Gluten-Free Hallowe’en Candy list for 2019!
- Selena De Vries is dedicated to helping individuals who are struggling with digestive issues find food freedom. Selena understands that celiac disease not only effects one’s physical health but also effects one’s emotional health. Using an integrative approach in the management of digestive health conditions, she provides support for those with celiac disease/gluten sensitivity and nutrition coaching for other digestive health conditions.
I can’t believe October is here and halloween will be here in no time.
Like I mentioned last year, please DO NOT rely solely on this list. It is imperative that you read labels for the most up to date information on whether the product is gluten free or not.
This list of gluten free candy below was determined by me going into the grocery store and reading the ingredient lists. Stores visited included Walmart, Costco, Save on Foods, and Nature’s Fare.
If you are not confident in reading ingredients lists for gluten, you may want to download my cheat sheet at the end of this post.
In Canada, gluten is easily identifiable on labels in plain english. If gluten is in the product, it is mandatory that it be labelled as such either in the CONTAINS (allergen statement below the ingredient list) or within the ingredient list itself. It will be labelled as barley, rye, oats, wheat or triticale. It is very rare that triticale is ever in a product. As such, it is typically the other four words that you will see on labels. You can remember these five words by remembering the acronym BROW(t). Gluten cannot hide under any other ingredients, including simple ingredients such as ‘natural flavors.’
- Childs Play (Dots, Fruit Chews, Tootsie Pops and Rolls)
- Dare Real Jubes
- Enjoy Life Mini Confections Variety Pack
- Glee Gum Pops
- Kerr’s Lollypops
- Kerrs Molasses Kisses
- Kids Pik (Blow Pops, Dubble Bubble, Cry Baby, Planterz, Fruit Chews, Tootsie Pops and Rolls)
- Made Good Chocolate Chip Granola Mini Bars
- Skittles Original Fruit
- Sunkist Fruit Snacks
- Welch’s Fruit Gummies
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- Wholesome Lollipops
- Yum Earth Organic Candy Corn
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruit
- Yum Earth Organic Licorice
- Yum Earth Organic Pops
Halloween Candy That Does Not Contain Gluten as an Ingredient
- DareReal Juice Fruit Slices and Jumbo Gums
- Freddo Caramel
- Hawkins Cheezies
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate
- Hubba Bubba
- Humpty Dumpty Cheese Sticks
- Jelly Belly Pumpkins
- Jelly Belly Sour Pumpkins
- Jolly Rancher Fruity Sours
- Jolly Rancher Lollipops
- Jolly Rancher Misfits Gummies
- Kinder Chocolate
- Laffy Taffy
- M & M Milk Chocolate Candies
- M & M Peanuts Candies
- Maynards Swedish Berries, Sour Patch Kids, Fuzzy Peach, Swedish Fish, Wine Gums
- Neilson Jersey Milk
- Oh Henry
- Old Dutch Potato Chips
- Original Dubble Bubble Pops
- Paw Patrol Lollipop Rings
- Popeye Sticks
- Rain Blo Bubble Gum
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese Stuffed with Reeses Pieces
- Reeses Pieces
- Ring Pops
- Skittles berry
- Skittles Sour
- Starburst Fave Reds
- Starburst Original
- Toy Story Lollipop Rings
I’m Selena – THE CELIAC DIETITIAN
I operate an online private practice specializing in the dietary management of celiac disease and the gluten free diet. And, I’m celiac too.
As the go-to expert on everything gluten free, I help people master the gluten-free diet so they can live gluten free with more ease.
I take the ‘complicated’ out of the gluten free diet, and give you the practical and realistic advice you need so you can still live your life!
‘Q&A Tuesdays on Instagram’
Your chance to submit any questions you may have on nutrition, education or receive downright free advice! Fellow celiac and expert Gluten-Free Dietitian, Selena De Vries, RD, is eager to help! Ask by 4pm Pacific Time and get your answer the same day!
How it works!
1. Visit Selena’s profile at https://www.instagram.com/celiac_dietitian/
2. Click on her profile picture (screenshot 1)
3. Wait until you see the “ask me a question” sticker and then click it and type your question (screenshot 2)
4. Receive your answer by clicking through Selena’s stories i.e. the same spot where you entered your question
- Does it feel like celiac disease is taking over your life?
- Do you want a solution that makes celiac feel less overwhelming and less stressful so you can get back to living and loving your life?
- Are you thinking about celiac from the time you wake up, to the time you go to bed?
- Are you worried about cross contact? ,
- Does eating out feel frustrating?
- Are you experiencing persistent symptoms?
- Does celiac disease often creep into your thoughts?
Well, no more. You’re in the right place now. And, it’s time for this to change!
Live Gluten Free with More Ease – Hybrid Group Program – Master the Gluten Free Diet
This online program combines 1:1 support and group coaching support. Sky rocket your knowledge beyond what most healthcare providers know and kick anxiety and stress to the curb. This hybrid program is the ultimate, A-Z, course that will help you live gluten free with more ease.
Eat Out with Confidence – Group Coaching – Become a Celiac Savvy Restaurant Diner
If you find yourself avoiding eating out because of anxiety around cross contact, not knowing the right questions to ask, or not trusting that the staff are taking you seriously, then this online, group coaching course is for you.
1:1 Individual Coaching – Receive an Individualized Action Plan
This online service is best suited to help people find relief of persistent symptoms such bloat, constipation, reflux, or fatigue. It is also helpful for newly diagnosed and people who prefer to work, solely, in a 1:1 capacity.