Cinde Little created a downloadable Gluten Free Flour Guide to help you learn about gluten free flours and how to use them. Once you understand the properties and uses of different flours, you’ll be able to make adjustments and substitutions with confidence!
- Cinde Little writes the Everyday Gluten Free Gourmet food blog and teaches cooking classes in Calgary, Alberta. She became interested in gluten free cooking in 2009 after a friend was diagnosed with celiac disease. Food restrictions are real and learning to accommodate them is an important skill. As a passionate home cook, Cinde encourages everyone to just get in the kitchen and cook! Learn more about Cinde …
Visit www.everydayglutenfreegourmet.ca or follow her on social media:
- Cinde’s Recipe Page
- Cooking Classes in the Calgary Area
- About the Classes
8 Flours and Starches
We have so many flour options to choose from it can be overwhelming. I started with the flours and starches most commonly called for in gluten free recipes. That included the rice flours (white, brown and sweet) plus three starches (cornstarch, tapioca and potato).
Then I included sorghum flour and millet flour to make eight items. These two flours aren’t as common (I’d never even heard of them when I started gluten free baking) but they’re the ingredients that really transformed my baking. I now use them both in my homemade flour mix but remember, no one flour is absolutely necessary.
Organize For Success – Print It!
I call this table a downloadable Gluten Free Flour Guide and I’ve got two suggestions for using it. Print both pages and tape it to the inside of a cupboard door where you can easily refer to it. Or print it back to back, put it in a plastic sleeve and keep it with your flour. Either way you want it to be convenient to look at when you’re baking.
CLICK HERE to learn more and to watch Cinde’s video for creating an efficient system for making and storing gluten free flour mixes.
SOURCE ARTICLE: https://everydayglutenfreegourmet.ca/2020/06/26/downloadable-gluten-free-flour-guide/
Cinde’s ‘How to Use Gluten-Free Flour’ Series
- How to Use Oat Flour
- Gluten Free Whole Oats vs Quick Oats
- Gluten Free Baking By Weight
- How to Use Rice Flour in Gluten Free Baking
- How To Use Starch in Gluten Free Baking
- How To Use Corn Flour, Cornmeal and Masa Harina
- How To Use Almond Flour and Quinoa Flour
- How To Use Chickpea Flour
- How To Use Millet Flour and Sorghum Flour
- How To Use Teff Flour
- How To Use Buckwheat Flour
- How To Use Coconut Flour
- How To Use Binders in Gluten-Free Baking