Episode #7 Aaron shares his reaction to an accidental glutening and Sue offers him suggestions on how to cope. They go on to discuss the physical testing Aaron undertook to qualify for bariatric surgery and how that testing lead to his diagnosis of celiac disease. Listen to the podcast here.
Episode #6 – Sue chats with Aaron about preparing for the bariatric weight loss surgery program. Celiacs have special considerations that may determine whether they undergo gastric ‘bypass’ vs ‘the sleeve.’ Sue’s shares her own experience adapting to the lifestyle changes that the surgery demands. Listen to the podcast here.
Episode #5 – Newly diagnosed celiac, Aaron, was dreaming of donuts. His hopes were dashed and that surprised him! Sue suggests ways to cope in the future. Aaron shares his decision to sign up for bariatric surgery and what the first steps are. Listen to the podcast here.
Episode #4 – Newly diagnosed celiac, Aaron, shares his first dining out experiences and receives sage advice from seasoned celiac, Sue Jennett! Listen to the podcast here.
Episode #3 – Aaron speaks about the range of emotions he is experiencing as a newly-diagnosed celiac. Grief, anger, longing and acceptance. He admits to missing some of his favorites: tortillas, quesadillas enchiladas, sauces & pizza to name a few. Listen to the podcast here.
Episode #2 – Aaron opens up about the weightloss strategies he has tried – and abandoned: Keto, Weight Watchers, smoothies and Isagenix. Hear about the breaking point that had him considering – and qualifying for – bariatric surgery. Sue answers his questions about the gluten-free diet as he begins his journey as a newly diagnosed celiac. Listen to the podcast here.
Episode #1 – Introducing Aaron to ‘Gluten Free Weigh In’ – Aaron signed up for bariatric surgery and ended up with a diagnosis of celiac disease! Go figure! Told from the male perspective, you’ll enjoy Aaron’s sense of humour and his amazement at where he and his family are today! Listen to the podcast here.
About Gluten Free Weigh In
- Eating gluten free and trying to lose weight or just managing weight is a challenge. Sue Jennett and her co-hosts are all on different weight loss/management journeys with one thing in common – they are all committed to a gluten-free diet.
- Each week Sue checks in with her co-hosts about their individual journeys. Hopefully their successes and stumbles resonate with you, entertain you, provide you with ideas and and give you strength to continue on your own gluten-free journey to control your weight on a not-so-easy diet.
- Listen to the Introductory Trailer here.
- Moderator – Sue Jennett wants to be accountable for her weight loss plan that includes past weight loss surgery and a strong desire to stay healthy as she gets older. Listen to Sue’s journey here.
Diagnosed with celiac disease more than 20 years ago, Sue has operated a gluten-free bakery and hosted a gluten-free TV show. She currently hosts ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ where she explores information, research, lifestyle issues and personal stories of individuals who have celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
Four years ago Sue had weight loss surgery, lost a lot of weight and gained back a little. She works hard every day to keep her weight under control.
- Subscribe for FREE to ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ on iTunes
- Subscribe for FREE to ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ on Google Music Play
- Visit ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ Website
- Follow ‘Sue’s Gluten-Free Baking at Home’
- Follow Sue Jennett on YouTube
- Contact Sue HERE