‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ by Sue Jennett: Gluten-Free Baker and Podcaster
A Canadian Celiac Podcast explores information, research, lifestyle issues and personal stories of individuals who have celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity. The host, Sue Jennett accesses the prominent minds and personalities in the celiac/gluten free community across Canada. Sue counts more than 20 years since both she and her daughter have been diagnosed with celiac disease. During that time, Sue has operated a gluten-free bakery, run a celiac kids camp, and is currently producing and hosting a gluten free baking show on cable TV in Ontario. Join Sue’s weekly conversations, as she delves into all things celiac and gluten free!
- Jerry Bigham of Kinnikinnick – Jerry takes us behind the process into how they come up with new products and what they’re working on next. There is a big shift in the direction of gluten free/allergen free and Jerry tells us how they are working to serve both markets. Listen to the podcast here.
- Melanie Laroque of Whisked Bakery in Toronto – Melanie talks about the recent award they have won, and takes us behind the bakery case as we discuss some of the issues unique to a dedicated gluten free bakery. Listen to the podcast here.
- Christina Varro – is a celiac and an avid traveller. She has travelled and navigated eating gluten free in more than 25 countries worldwide. She is a photographer and a wealth of knowledge about many different aspects of travel. Follow her on ChristinaVarro.com. Listen to the podcast here.
- Ellen Bayens, The Celiac Scene – Ellen has worked tirelessly to provide quality information on places to eat and buy great gluten free food on Vancouver Island. In addition, her website features carefully researched information on chain restaurants both in Canada and the United States. She presents comprehensive information on places to eat, trends and current news about celiac disease and the gluten free diet. Ellen is someone with her finger on the pulse of the celiac/gluten free community. She can be found online at www.theceliacscene.com and from there you can link to her other social media pages. Listen to the podcast here.
- Melissa Secord, Executive Director, Canadian Celiac Association – On my first episode am speaking with Melissa Secord, Executive Director of the Canadian Celiac Association. We talk about the new logo, what’s on the horizon, ongoing benefits for members, and the information on the CCA website. The CCA is also on other media, and we talk about how they are getting their message out to all those concerned with celiac disease and the gluten free diet. Listen to the podcast here.
Please give A Canadian Podcast a like or review on iTunes, or Google Play Music and don’t forget to subscribe so you’ll know when the next episode comes out!
- Listen to all podcasts to date!
- Subscribe for FREE to ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ on iTunes
- Subscribe for FREE to ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ on Google Music Play
- Visit ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ Website
- Follow ‘Sue’s Gluten-Free Baking at Home’
- Follow Sue Jennett on YouTube
- Contact Sue HERE