You may not know it but plenty of West Coast Trail trekkers, campers and island-hopping kayakers and sailors do! Take advantage of having Canada’s #1 Emergency Preparedness Purveyor right here in Victoria!
Head on over to their retail outlet and let Alison amaze you as she did me with TOTAL PREPARE’s comprehensive inventory of emergency preparedness survival gear that is also perfect for camping, hiking and sailing. Think of it as a great way to make good use of these innovative, smart products while they stand ready to go into action should there be a disaster. Scroll to bottom of page for pics or visit their showroom at 48 Crease Avenue near Uptown Mall. See map.
Freeze-Dried Emergency Food
Total Prepare also carries a large selection of single-ingredient, freeze-dried fruits and vegetables and plain canned meats that contain just chicken and/or beef and salt that transcend any need for gluten-free certification. Great as snacks, holiday nibbling or the convenience that processed foods offer – but with the quality of freshly-picked, flash freeze-dried produce. What’s not to love about freeze-dried strawberries, blueberries and more. See Freeze Dried Emergency Food.
TOTAL PREPARE Goes Gluten Free
In the event of a disaster, we may not be able to depend on outside agencies to supply us with food, let alone gluten-free food, for up to seven days – or more. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your family, especially those with special dietary requirements, will have the food they need to survive. Their Legacy brand of certified gluten-free gourmet entrée options have been designed specifically for those who cannot consume gluten and other food allergens. Ingredients are 100% GMO Free, freeze-dried, easy to prepare – and delicious! Choose from the following products in a variety of combinations and quantities, all with a 25-year expiry date. Click on images below for more information. Complete details here.
- Average of 320 calories per serving
- Manufactured in controlled setting with strict cross contamination measures
- Simple to prepare – just add water
- No MSG, No Trans Fat, Low in Fat, No Cholesterol, Good Source of Fiber
- Lowest cost per serving and calorie in the food storage industry
- Meals come packaged in 4-serving Mylar pouches with an Oxygen Absorber and a Nitrogen Flush
- Mylar pouches stored in a stackable, heavy-duty, BPA-free plastic bucket
Total Prepare is Canada’s #1 Source for Emergency Preparedness, Self-Reliance and Longterm Storage
Living in an earthquake zone that is also vulnerable to tsunamis and wild fire, it is critical for those living in Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands – or anywhere else for that matter – to take the time to put together a supply of water and food for emergencies. Everyone needs to put together a grab-and-go bag that will last for 72 hours. In earthquake zones (that’s us!), we need supplies for 7 days.
- Water purification kits and tablets.
- Heat and shelter: foil sleeping bags and stoves in a can.
- Light and communication: crank flashlights and radios.
- First aid and complete toilet set
- Store your supplies in your car, office, camper, outside in a shed, or at the front of your garage. NOT in the basement, which you may not have access to.
- Don’t forget food and supplies for your pets.
TOTAL PREPARE offers a wide range of other survival products and can put together a package to meet your particular needs. Their personal attention can’t be beat. You owe it to yourself to visit Total Prepare (48 Crease Avenue in Victoria), or check out their website for online orders at http://totalprepare.ca.
- Facebook Updates
- Educational Information
- 72 Hour Quick Kit Supplies
- Food Storage Containers
- Camping Supplies
- Water Storage – Filtration
- 72 Hour Emergency Survival Kit
- Heat – Stove – Cooking
- Light – Communication
- Outdoor Survival Gear
- First Aid – Disaster Response
- Flood Prevention