Allergic Living Magazine publishes definitive Canadian resource guide for students with allergies, asthma and gluten sensitivities.
Comprehensive resource – Food Allergy Canada site:
Sign up for Food Allergy Canada’s FREE Information Service
- Product recalls
- Event updates and messages
- Trends in school policies
- Food labelling
- Food allergy research
- News on advocacy and other hot topics
Canadian School Boards Association publication: Anaphylaxis: A Handbook for School Boards
Asthma Action Plans
Allergic Living Allergy, Celiac School Tools, Posters:
- Six That Save Lives, our popular anaphylaxis emergency poster.
- I Am A Child with Food Allergies, Free anaphylaxis awareness poster.
- Managing Dairy Allergy in School
- It’s Off (Gulp) to Kindergarten with Food Allergies
- Fun Doesn’t Need Food – Excluding the treats, not the allergic child at school.
- Tips for Talking to School Officials – by Laurie Harada, Executive Director of Food Allergy Canada
- Off to College – with Food Allergies, Celiac Disease.
- Comparing Universities Chart: Comparing the food allergy and celiac practices of 16 universities across Canada.
- See our full school section here.
Other Top Food Allergy, Celiac Learning Resources:
- Anaphylaxis Canada’s Back to School Checklist
- AAIA (Allergy Asthma Information Assoc.) Back to School safety checklists and printable brochures
Resources for Teens:
- Why Risk It – Resource for teens and young adults with food allergies.
From the Allergic Living Archive:
- Food in the Classroom
- Teens and Kissing with Food Allergies
- Sabrina’s Law – Award-winning article on girl who inspired anaphylaxis law.
- A Nutty Tale – Sabrina’s radio documentary.
- Who’s Watching Lunch at School?
- Beware the September Asthma Spike
- Food Allergy and the Risky Teenage Years
For the U.S. school & allergies resource hub, click here.
About Allergic Living Magazine
The purpose of Allergic Living magazine is to engage, inform and assist readers living with food and environmental allergies and asthma. It offers indepth articles about these conditions as well as useful tips and advice columns. The magazine, which was launched in 2005, draws upon the opinions of leading experts in the fields of allergy and immunology, celiac disease, respirology, pediatrics, gastroenterology, nutrition and dermatology.
Allergic Living’s mission, in short, is to be an invaluable tool to the allergy, celiac and asthma communities. In keeping with Allergic Living’s aim to inform and assist, in September 2010, Allergicliving.com was relaunched to better serve its swiftly growing audience and to provide fast-breaking news on research and advocacy efforts.
We work closely with national allergy and asthma groups and also with support groups dedicated to helping families deal with day-to-day issues. We are also very proud of the role we play in working with both new and established companies to enhance the lives of those living with allergy, asthma or celiac disease.
Gwen Smith, Allergic Living’s founder and editor, is a journalist with many years of experience in both Canada and the U.S. She has been a senior editor at The Globe and Mail newspaper and Maclean’s and Elm Street magazines.
Gwen also has first-hand experience with the realities of life with allergies. She has food allergies to soy, shellfish and peanuts and some drug/pollen allergies. She also has had family experiences with asthma and respiratory concerns.
Gwen may be reached at email@example.com