Galiano’s Blu Bakery has been looking for a local supplier of quality gluten-free flour for a long time. It has been a missing piece for their business.
“Finding Millstone Farm & Organics has been wonderful for us!”
“Their products are truly of the highest quality, improving our products both in terms of consistency and taste. We also enjoy that Millstone is on about zero waste in every possible area, we love the packaging and especially the refillable flour containers!”
“We really value the personal connection, the thoughtful approach and the attention to details that Laurie and Mike provide. They are such gems and so passionate about what they do!”
- 710 Towner Park Rd, North Saanich (see map)
- Open Thursday-Friday-Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Instagram • Facebook
- Subscribe to their monthly newsletter and receive 10% off your first online purchase!
- Carrying Retailers
- Wholesale Enquiries
Blu Bakery Specialty Baking is inspired by European roots and a love for exquisitely prepared and presented breads and pastries. From a solid gluten-free foundation, Marta & Marion rely upon wholesome, unprocessed ingredients; organic and local whenever possible. Dairy-free and vegan options also available. Learn more …
- Blu Bakery uses “Millstone’s gluten-free superfine brown rice flour, organic sorghum & organic psyllium husk as the foundation of their baking, particularly their breads. Farm fresh eggs and Millstone’s spices, such as the freshly milled exquisite cardamon, add the final touch to some of their sweet delights.
Enjoy cookies, bread & bagels plus a rotation of seasonal items from the very freshest ingredients. Something special for everyone!
Blu Bakery’s seasonal delights will feature German Almond Crescents & Swiss Carrot Cake. Your faves will be there, too: freshly baked GF/vegan breads, Chestnut Cherry Chocolate Cookies, and of course their famous Roasted Pear and Frangipane Tart. Feast your eyes on the images below!
• Find Blu Bakery from 10:am – 2:pm at the Galiano Saturday Market from May to October. Approximately once per month (indoors) thereafter or by special order.
• blubakery.ca • Instagram • Facebook • Blu Bakery’s Goods
Blu Bakery bakes at the North Galiano Island Community Hall, using their own equipment and ingredients that are labeled and / or certified to be gluten free. A deep clean takes place prior to production to minimize the potential of cross contamination. *
Our affair with food began in Europe. We were both raised in countries very keen on baking. The daily buying of fresh bread was a joyful must-do, impeccably prepared and presented pastries and cakes accompanied our upbringing, each and every one a part of our cultural heritage, each one a memory in time. Learn more here …
- * Disclaimer: Blu Bakery does not use wheat, peanuts, soy (except Shiro Miso). Where possible, they substitute cane sugar with alternative sweetening agents (e.g. coconut sugar, Erythritol). They are baking in a shared commercial kitchen, and while they employ every precaution so as to minimize or prevent cross contamination, they cannot guarantee that traces of wheat, peanuts, soy may be present in the products they bake. This also applies to dairy free & vegan baked goods.