Are you a celiac or living gluten free on Vancouver Island and wishing you could connect – in person – with others in the same boat? We are here to help!
Join us as we explore gluten-free offerings across all cuisine types in Greater Victoria. Restaurants are pre-vetted for safety so that we can focus on enjoying ourselves and each other! Add a new restaurant – or a new friend – to your repertoire. Everyone – and their friends and family – are welcome.
A fun bunch who like to socialize and support one another as they live gluten free. Friends and significant others welcome. You won’t want to miss their spectacular 100% Gluten-Free Summer BBQs or Christmas Dinners. Sample Event! Reach out to organizer Anne by email – for support or to join the mailing list – at [email protected] or by phone at 250-240-0708.
FREE! Two-hour information sessions are open to everyone adversely affected by gluten: celiacs, the gluten sensitive and the wheat allergic. You will learn what to eat and what not to, where to shop, where to dine and generally how to live gluten free in Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. The class will orient and assure. You are not alone in making this huge lifestyle adjustment! Taught by experts – celiac volunteers with the Canadian Celiac Association. Contact [email protected] to RSVP.
- Saturday, March 28th – RSVP by Monday, March 23rd
- Saturday, May 23rd – RSVP by Monday, May 18th
- Saturday, July 25th – RSVP by Monday, July 20th
- Saturday, September 26th – RSVP by Monday, September 21st
- Saturday, November 28th – RSVP by Monday, November 23rd
Ellen Bayens, The Celiac Scene
Ellen is fully engaged in supporting the local – and visiting – gluten-free community in Victoria, Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands.
Ellen guides you to the restaurants locals trust, the local gluten-free products we love and where to purchase them, at the very best prices. Enjoy national ‘celiac’ news, local reviews and non-stop gluten-free event notices.
Reach out to Ellen at anytime at [email protected]
- If it’s gluten free and happening on the Island, you’ll find it listed here. From tastings to contests, farmer’s markets to food trucks – enjoy the good life!
- From national brands to the best gluten-free baking in the land, that’s what makes Vancouver Island so special. Celiac-friendly products, professional services and gluten-free resources – all are 100% safe for celiacs, the gluten-sensitive and the wheat-allergic.
Gluten-Free Fast Food
- Follow direct links to to fast food restaurants across North America to their gluten-free commitment: nutrition guides, allergy information or entire gluten-free menus. Remember, this list is a guide – not a guarantee of a gluten-free meal. Always Ask Gluten Free Questions to ensure your safety.
- Fast Food Canada
- Fast Food USA