Find this informative video recording at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omDj2CPITY&t=7s. You will learn:
❓ What causes DH?
❓ Who gets DH?
❓ How is DH treated?
❓ Related conditions?
Dr Stein goes on to answer the comprehensive list of questions below (watch the video)
- Is it possible to have DH while following a strict GF diet?
- Is it necessary to have an endoscopy to diagnose with CD, if DH has been diagnosed?
- If a celiac experiences itching, could it be DH?
- How often is DH misdiagnosed as eczema or psoriasis?
- Does the treatment for eczema or psoriasis help with DH?
- Can a person with DH also have other skin conditions?
- Who best should diagnose DH? A dermatologist or a gastroenterologist?
- When answering medical forms, does a person with DH also say that they have CD?
- Does every person with DH have CD?
- Could cosmetics with gluten trigger a DH flare?
- Has the development of DH been associated with Long Covid?
- Is there an increased incidence of digestive lymphoma?
- After years of no outbreaks, can one assume the DH is cured?
- Once diagnosed with CD, can one go on to develop DH?
- If DH is suspected, who should a person see?
- Is a flare always triggered when gluten is consumed?
- Are there clinical trials currently taking place?
- What follow up care is needed once diagnosed?
- Can you ‘grow out’ of DH?
- If you test negative for DH, but the rash resolves on a GF diet?
- How long do the antibodies for DH persist in the skin?
- If a parent has CD & DH, are their children at risk for developing either or both?
- Is the incidence of DH going up or down?
- Can DH be misdiagnosed as shingles?
- Can sunlight aggravate a DH flare up?
- How quickly after consuming gluten will a DH reaction appear?
You may also be interested to read
- Meet the ‘Little Sister’ to Celiac Disease – Dermatitis Herpetiformis
- Let’s not forget our friends with Dermatitis Herpetiformis – the Little Sister to Celiac Disease