Fast, fun and informative! Sue Jennett and Ellen Bayens discuss the latest gluten-free news from a celiac perspective and in the context of their many years of supporting those who are starting the gluten-free diet.
- “If you’ve never tried a podcast before, they are a great way to listen and learn while you are busy doing something else – cooking, hiking, driving or just relaxing. You choose!” Cinde Little, everydayglutenfreegourmet.ca
“I always look forward to my monthly conversations with Ellen from theceliacscene.com. She presented a few research studies looking at links between celiac disease and Type I Diabetes, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, as well as the role some environmental chemicals might play in the incidence of CD in children. We discuss the difficult daily decisions faced by asymptomatic celiacs, who don’t suffer stomach issues when they ingest gluten, and how that adds another level to the disease. The topic of food scarcity for those with allergies or on special diets is highlighted by a US article, and we discuss its relevance for us in Canada, as well as strategies Ellen and I use on our not so frequent grocery outings. As well, Ellen introduces us to Mia Kennedy who will be a twenty-something contributor to both The Celiac Scene and an upcoming podcast.”
Curious to read the articles mentioned? Click on the links below:
- Never OK to Cheat on the Gluten-Free Diet
- Pre-screening for Celiac Disease Suggested for Asymptomatic Diabetics
- Toxic Chemicals Correlated with Celiac Disease Diagnosis in Children
- Introducing Musings by Mia – Youth Contributor to The Celiac Scene
- Linked? Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Celiac Disease?
- How Food Shortages Can Affect the Gluten Free
Sue counts more than 20 years since both she and her daughter were diagnosed with celiac disease. During that time, she has operated a gluten-free bakery, run a celiac kids camp, and produced and hosted a gluten free baking show on cable TV in Ontario. Join Sue’s weekly conversations, as she delves into all things celiac and gluten free.
- A Canadian Celiac Podcast
- A Canadian Celiac Blog Podcast Blog
- Sue’s Baking Website
- Sue’s Gluten Free Baking on You Tube
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue’s other Podcast – Gluten Free Weigh In
Ellen Bayens is the founder of The Celiac Scene, the go-to gluten-free resource for Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Past Vice-President of the Victoria Chapter of the CCA and ‘British Columbia’s Gluten-Free Ambassador,’ she has been featured in Gluten Free Living, Allergic Living and Delight Gluten Free magazines. Ellen is a frequent commentator on TV, radio and print – and now A Canadian Celiac Podcast – as she shares her enthusiasm for gluten-free living with restaurants, retailers and industry stakeholders keen to Get Gluten Free Right!
- The Celiac Scene
- Parents of Celiacs & Celiac Parents Support
- Receive the Celiac Scene’s E-News in your mailbox
Previous Round Ups
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s May Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s April Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s March Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s February Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s January Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s December Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s November Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s October Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s September Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s August Round Up!