The recent heat wave in western Canada got Cinde thinking about ice cream and all the reasons to make it at home. Sure you can buy all kinds of ice cream that is gluten free and even dairy free. You can also make it just for fun! Here are ice cream recipes the Cinde has collected over the years!
Aztec Chocolate Ice Cream
Aztec Chocolate Ice Cream combines chocolate and cinnamon with a bite from red chili flakes. A sweet lime glaze tops off this creamy dessert. See
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Have you got a good short list of gluten free desserts? My dessert list includes ice cream and this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is perfect for May and June when strawberries are in season. A simple no-cook recipe that is decadent.
Nanaimo Ice Cream Bars
Nanaimo Ice Cream Bars are the perfect version of Nanaimo Bars for summer. Serve them at any gathering and they are sure to be a hit. If you’ve got kids be sure to get them in the kitchen making the homemade ice cream first and then the bars. This is the kind of summer project that could result in a new family favourite.
Dairy Free Coconut Ice Cream
This dairy free Coconut Ice Cream is a bonus for people who can’t tolerate dairy, a large percentage of people with celiac disease, or anyone who is vegan. This unique combination of coconut ice cream topped with juicy mango pieces and roasted, salted peanuts will transport your tastebuds to Thailand with the first bite.
Raspberry Brownie Ice Cream Cake
This raspberry brownie ice cream cake is a perfect summer dessert or birthday cake. Ice cream cakes are easy to prepare and can be made well in advance of serving. They make stunning birthday cakes served whole but can also be pre-cut on a platter then decorated with fresh fruit, mint or edible flowers.
Lemon Kulfi with Two Sauces
This Lemon Kulfi is my go-to Indian dessert. Often referred to as traditional Indian ice cream, this dessert is said to be more dense and creamier than other ice cream. With so many options for fabulous homemade and store bought ice cream available now I think that comment would be hard to measure. For me Lemon Kulfi is simply a nice dessert that is my favourite to serve at the end of an East Indian meal.
Meet Cinde, the ‘Everyday Gluten Free Gourmet!’ Cinde became interested in gluten free cooking in 2009 after a friend was diagnosed with celiac disease. As a passionate home cook she encourages everyone to just get in the kitchen and cook.
Cinde works as a registered respiratory therapist and certified respiratory & tobacco educator. She works with people with asthma, allergies and anaphylaxis and has a soft spot for people with food allergies and intolerances. Learn more about Cinde …
Get Your Free e-Book
Everyday tips and recipes to help you cook anything you want to enjoy a healthy, gluten-free lifestyle. Watch for a new post every Friday and our Monthly Update. Sign up here!
• Are you newly diagnosed with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity? • Are you struggling with the gluten free diet and lifestyle?
This course is designed to help you find your way through the overwhelming amount of new information as you begin your journey toward a healthy, gluten free lifestyle.You’ll receive a Workbook, Action Plan & Resource Guide.
- Cinde’s blog is a gift to the gluten-free community! Lifestyle ideas, Recipe Round Ups plus tips for cooking and organizing in the kitchen. All the inspiration you need to start your culinary adventure. Learn more here …
- Cinde demonstrates that delicious gluten free cooking is not only possible, it’s possible for anyone. The educational tips are designed to help you understand the fundamentals of gluten free cooking, expand your knowledge and improve your skills. She brings her love of food and curiosity of new flavours and combinations to the gluten free experience. Learn more here …
- How to Use Gluten Free Flours + Properties & Recipes to Use Them In!’ 12 videos covering 21 ingredients for successful gluten-free baking! Rice Flours (white, brown, sweet rice) • Starches • Sorghum & Millet Flour • Corn Flour, Corn Meal & Masa • Almond & Quinoa Flours • Binders • Chickpea Flour • Teff Flour • Buckwheat Flour • Coconut Flour • Oat Flour • Perfect Blends
Cinde’s videos can also be seen on her website Cooking Videos
- Appetizers • Baking • Bread • Cookies & Bars • Desserts • Homemade Sauces • Mains • Miscellaneous • Morning Food • Salad • Side • Dishes • Soup. These recipes are sure to turn you into a gluten-free expert! Learn more here …
- Cinde now offers virtual cooking classes for all on Zoom. She also has some classes for a Calgary audience only where people pick up all the ingredients purchased and measured out by Cinde. People then collect them at her house in Calgary the day before or the day of the Zoom class. Learn more about the classes here …