- A ketogenic diet primarily consists of high percentage of fats, moderate-proteins and very low carbohydrates. The diet is inherently gluten free. 1
GF Keto Girl’s Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 strips bacon
- pink Himalayan salt, black pepper, basil and oregano seasoning to taste
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 TBSP butter (optional)
- 2 ounces (1/4 block) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 diced orange or red pepper
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- pink Himalayan salt, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, basil and oregano seasoning to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400˚
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise so as to create a pocket
- Lightly coat each side of chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, basil & oregano
- Stuff chicken breasts with cream cheese mixture
- Wrap with bacon, then secure with toothpicks
- Place on lightly greased pan
- Bake for 45 minutes
Enjoy with salad and veggies of choice!
- Lisa was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2015. Like many of us, in the beginning stages of having to drastically change her diet, she struggled to learn the do’s and do not’s of this “food is my medicine” regime.
- While she was initially happy to be healthier and not sick everyday, the gluten-free lifestyle caused her significant weight gain. The weight gain eventually lead to depression and well anyone familiar with this battle knows the rest of the story.
- Lisa says, “Contrary to what mainstream media sells us on the gluten-free diet for weight loss purposes, this is only true if you stay away from processed alternatives that, unbeknownst to most, are full of sugar to compensate for flavour.”
- Gluten-free food substitutes never satiated Lisa. She was always hungry an hour later. She had heard of the ‘Keto Diet’ a couple of years ago but transitioning to the gluten-free diet was hard enough and she didn’t feel she was ready to try and complicate her life anymore than she felt it already was but … she wishes she had done her research back then as it’s really not far off the gluten-free diet.
- Since starting Keto, she has had her ‘fail’ moments but she finally got serious and now she’s down 16lbs and feeling terrific! Her overall health has improved and she no longer requires monthly IVIG treatments for life.
- Lisa’s goal is to collaborate, educate and inspire others towards a “Gluten Free Keto Lifestyle” and support those looking to improve their overall health and get a more enjoyable life back. Lisa says, “Sharing is caring!”
- Follow her on Facebook and Instagram for GF Keto recipes, new product finds, helpful tips & tricks and educational information.
Follow Lisa’s Podcasts!
Along with Sue Jennett, Lisa co-hosts a bi-weekly podcast called The Gluten Free Weigh In. It is free for anyone to listen to in hopes to help others interested in this diet towards better health. Follow the links below to my episodes!
- Introducing Lisa on Gluten-Free Weigh In
- Quick Lesson on the Keto Diet
- Camping While on the Keto Diet
- How Kefir Figures into the Keto Diet
- Strategies for Stressful Situations
- What is Bullet-Proof Coffee?
- Bacon & the Keto Diet
- Supplements & Snacks on the Keto Diet
- Lisa Tries Hot Yoga
- Macros & Nutritional Yeast on the Keto Diet
- Keto-Friendly Resort Travel
- Keto-Friendly Konjac Noodles
- Intermittent Fasting on a Keto Diet