Pumpkin season is officially here! Start it off right with Duinkerken Foods Gluten-Free Pumpkin Butterscotch Trifle. A wonderful gluten-free dessert option for a large fall gathering or Halloween party.
- 1 package (380 gr) Duinkerken Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (113 gr each) instant butterscoth pudding mix
- 1 can(15 ounces) solid-pack pumkin
- 2 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP each ground ginger, nutmeg, all spice
- 3 cups whipping cream – whipped as directed on package, or 1 carton (12 ounces) whipped topping thawed.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup milk, oil and eggs. Beat on medium for two minutes. Pour into greased 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre come out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, crumble the cake. Set aside 1.2 cup crumbs for garnish. To prepare garnish, add 1 TSP cinnamon and crumble with fingers to resemble a fine crumb.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pumpkin and spices until well blended.
- In a trifle bowl or 3 1/2 quart glass erving bowl, layer cake crumbs, pumpkin mixture and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved cake crumbs. Serve immeditaely or refrigerate until serving.
Duinkerken Baking Mix Company has been creating their fabulous gluten-free mixes on Prince Edward Island for more than 12 years. Now they are available across British Columbia!
Not only are their mixes delicious, all Duinkerken products are free from gluten, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sesame, mustard, shellfish, fish and sulphites. Proudly Trans-Fat and GMO Free, too! Their all-natural products contain no preservatives, artificial colours or flavours, and are enriched with essential vitamins and minerals. Their Multi-Grain Bread Mix contains quinoa and psyllium husk for all-important added fibre.
Duinkerken’s diverse and delicious product line allows you to use your imagination to develop scrumptious treats. You can simply add eggs, oil and milk for a delicious result, or go above and beyond by adding your favorite ingredients to develop a custom creation. Their mixes are just the beginning. Check out their recipe page, complete with how-to videos – click here.
Can’t find Duinkerken at your favourite retailer?
- Contact Duinkerken at (902) 888-3604
- Duinkerken Letter for Store Manager
Testimonials from the Canadian Celiac Association Facebook Page
- Jenn – Try the pizza crust! It makes 2 12inch crusts and is amazing, my kids love it!
- Marilyn – This is probably my favourite GF product!
- Corinne – The best by far!
- Thomas – Duinkerken Brand is Perfect!
- Duinkerken Xanthan Gum
- Duinkerken Guar Gum
- Duinkerken Enriched Potato Starch
- Duinkerken Enriched Rice Flour
- Duinkerken Enriched Tapioca Flour
Founded in 2005, Duinkerken Foods is celebrating its 12th year anniversary of operation with double digit sales growth, positive customer reviews for superior quality products and the opening of a new headquarters in Slemon Park, PE.
The company’s mission is to ensure that everyone is able to purchase high-quality, great-tasting products that are produced in a dedicated 100% gluten-free and 100% peanut free, federally inspected working with HACCP and GFSI principles for food safety and quality assurance.
President of Duinkerken Foods Inc., Brenda Van Duinkerken diagnosed with Celiac disease in 1994. She has strong experience for sensitivities to gluten and the on-going challenges of a gluten-free diet. With passion and a dedication to make a difference in the lives of people who are restricted to a special diet, she was determined to launch the company, to make gluten-free products that are not only delicious but also filled with honest-to-goodness ingredients that ensure all the nutrition needed for consumers.