One-of-a-kind gourmet topped taters and low carb, house-made salads and handhelds. The vegan ice cream is amazing! Located within Westshore Town Centre, across from Winners. See map
Totchos is a family owned and operated restaurant. Owners Ashley and husband Dwayne and family were born and raised on Vancouver Island. Their family wants to welcome our family!
Totchos are gourmet tater tots, cooked in a dedicated gluten-free deep fryer, then dressed like nachos with gooey cheese sauce, charred-tomato salsa, crisp chorizo, fresh vegetables and so much more! Totchos is happy to customize your order!
“All tator tots, toppings and dips are gluten free (with the exception of the Vegan Pulled Pork and Vegan Taco Totchos.) Ingredients are confirmed to be gluten free upon arrival at the restaurant.”
• Totchos Tuesdays! ‘Two for the Price of One!’
• Friday Pop Up Contests! Enter your suggestion for Totchos Friday Pop Up Tot for a chance to win a prize!
• Gaming & Parties! 6 Totcho’s booths are equipped with retro table top gaming arcades! Video games with 2 remotes and tons of games to enjoy: 2 SEGAs, 1 NES (Nintendo Entertainment System), 3 SNES mini version (Super Nintendo Entertainment System). 20-40 games per console. Each table is bookable for one hour at a time. Walk-in or pre-book. 250-590-2322
- “Great service! Great food! So many choices!”
- “My daughter enjoyed playing Kirby and the food was fun and good. 100% will come back.”
- “The creamy jalapeño cilantro dip and sticky sauce (sweet chili not spicy) is so good!”
- A year and a half in the making and the Westshore Town Centre is becoming more delicious by the minute! The first of its kind tater-tot shop, Totchos, has opened its doors with fanfare. Attributing the lengthy wait for the restaurant launch to implications involving labour shortages caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Totchos co-owner, Ashley Reardon says the delayed launch has made all the difference to the early success of the business. It was insane. We were lined up outside the door on Friday (February 10th) when we opened. We had the tables flipping every half an hour to 45 minutes,” said Reardon. Having to close an hour early due to a shortage of food, Reardon tells Victoria Buzz the wave of support and welcome she and her husband have received at the Westshore Town Centre has helped them feel at home and further inspired them to run a business in Langford. “We moved out to Langford because it’s a quieter area but there’s less stuff going on for our kids. We are big kids so we kind of just brainstormed and we were like, let’s just do something fun,” says Reardon. Known as the only restaurant on Vancouver Island serving a delicious variety of tater-tot inspired meals, Totchos holds a deeper meaning to Reardon as a tribute to her late mother, Charlene, who passed away in October 2022. “She couldn’t see it open but she was really excited. Most of the recipes are hers and I learned all my cooking from her,” says Reardon. As a child, Reardon’s parents would infuse tater tots into meals with additional healthy ingredients to help inspire Reardon and her siblings to eat balanced meals. A concept that Reardon has passed onto her children, the new restaurateur tells Victoria Buzz that the realization of this business has come full circle as her eldest daughter encouraged her to pursue the business. “I was sitting with my oldest daughter one day and she’s like, mom if we ever can we should open a tater tot restaurant. I ended up getting a settlement, and we were just like, okay let’s try this,” says Reardon. For those curious about what’s offered on the menu, Reardon wants guests to know there’s a meal waiting for everyone. “We’re 90% gluten-free, there are only three things on our menu that isn’t gluten free. We also have plenty of vegan and keto options,” says Reardon.
- Get your bellies ready, Langford. A new eatery is coming to town and there’s nothing like it in the region. Opening across from Winners / HomeSense in at Westshore Town Centre, Totchos will be serving up loaded tater tots, hand-helds (fancy tacos), snacks and soft serve ice cream, with lots of vegan, low-carb and no sugar options as well. “We are thrilled to announce the arrival of a brand-new retailer opening at Westshore Town Centre this Fall,” Marketing Manager Kelly McClure Marketing said in an email to Victoria Buzz. Totchos is locally owned and while no specific opening date was announced, it is slated to open this fall. “The owners are very excited to be opening this first-of-its-kind restaurant at Westshore Town Centre and to serve up delicious food and fun to the Westshore community,” said McClure. Even better, each table at the restaurant will be equipped with a built-in retro video gaming system for loads of family fun!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Gluten Free Restaurants and Stores
- No-Biopsy Approach to Celiac Disease Diagnosis in Adults Gaining MomentumSeptember 20, 2023 - 4:49 pm
- ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ Interviews Gluten Free Fest Celebs!September 20, 2023 - 11:57 am
- Who Knew! Straws Made of Hay!September 18, 2023 - 8:00 pm
- Alkeme Artisan Bakery – Specializing in Gluten-Free SourdoughSeptember 18, 2023 - 9:00 am
- Blood Test Backlog Wreaking Havoc with Timely Celiac Disease DiagnosisSeptember 17, 2023 - 2:54 pm
all-day 10% Off CHURROS & MOR Gluten-Fre... @ Cook Street Food Court
10% Off CHURROS & MOR Gluten-Fre... @ Cook Street Food Court
Sep 21 all-day
CHURROS & MOR 100% Gluten-Free, Vegan Food Truck • 313 – 325 Cook Street Village Food Court. Between Mercedes Lane and Hot & Cold Cafe See map • Open Mon-Thurs 10am to 8pm. Fri-Sat-Sun 10am[...]
all-day 10% Student Discount Every Day @ Pepper's Foods
10% Student Discount Every Day @ Pepper's Foods
Sep 21 all-day
University & College Students – enjoy 10% off EVERY DAY with provision of student ID card. Some restrictions apply. No discount on sale items. Click Here for Pepper’s Foods ONLINE STORE Gluten-Free Products ONLINE! A[...]
all-day Embrace Your Epicure Discount Code
Embrace Your Epicure Discount Code
Sep 21 all-day
Epicure is offering the gluten-free community its own discount code. Use ‘CELIACSCENE’ at check out through to 11:59pm on September 4, 2023. Code changes to ‘THESCENE’ at 00:01 on September 5, 2023* CREATE AN ACCOUNT[...]
all-day Mizu Real Fruit Ice Cream Food T... @ Various Locations
Mizu Real Fruit Ice Cream Food T... @ Various Locations
Sep 21 all-day
This Week’s Schedule! Often at Nanaimo’s Departure Bay Beach but please confirm at Mizu’s Facebook Page or Instagram Account for daily locations and times! A taste of New Zealand in the heart of Vancouver Island![...]
all-day Van Isle Poutinerie 100% Gluten-... @ Various Locations
Van Isle Poutinerie 100% Gluten-... @ Various Locations
Sep 21 all-day
Check Van Isle’s Facebook & Instagram accounts for any given day’s location. Saturday, September 23 – Fawcett Mattress’ Grand Opening 4906 Wellington Rd, Nanaimo 11am to 4pm Sunday, September 24 – Cedar Farmer’s Market 10am[...]