https://theceliacscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/happyditty-bake-my-day-bread-WP.jpg 357 323 Ellen Bayens /wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TheCeliacSceneLogo-575X156.jpg Ellen Bayens2017-10-11 12:12:362019-10-09 10:27:22Local Heroes Collaborate on Fabulous Gluten-Free Bread
Local Heroes Collaborate on Fabulous Gluten-Free Bread
Vancouver Island’s happyditty! Gluten-Free Confections Melissa has collaborated with Bake My Day to create fabulous gluten-free bread! Best of all, they are sharing the recipe with us!
- 5 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water (+ 1/2 cup spare in case you need it later)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp salt (depending on preference – I like less salt, personally)
- 2 1/4 cups of Bake My Day Flour
- Grease 9″x5″ loaf pan (butter or spray is fine)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F once dough is rising
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water in a stand mixer bowl. Let stand until very foamy (10-15 minutes)
- Add eggs, flour, and salt to yeast mixture and mix with paddle or hook attachment for 5-7 minutes. The dough WILL be wet looking, and not like a standard dough.
- If you find it is too dry, add spare water, 1/8 cup at a time, until you get to the proper consistency. This may take a bit of trial and error.
- Pour into loaf pan, spread evenly on top, and let sit and rise for 30-45 minutes. The longer the better. While this will not look like traditional bread dough, the ‘rising’ process is still essential.
- Bake on top rack for 35-40 minutes, take out and brush top with melted butter, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. This helps with the browning process as much as possible.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Once you remove it from the pan, let sit until reasonable cool for cutting. Slicing loaves upside down can help with more even and nice looking slices.
Tips / Reminders
- GF bread is best served warm or toasted. This is wonderful for grilled sandwiches, as well as making homemade croutons, or fresh breadcrumbs for baking.
- The breadcrumbs are ideal for things like toppings for homemade macaroni and cheese, or to use in the coating process for homemade GF onion rings.
- Store in a sealed container, making sure to check for too much moisture. Lasts for 2-3 days when properly stored.
- Learn more about Bake My Day
- Where to find Bake My Day products
- Order online for shipping in BC and Alberta
- Market & Craft Fair Schedule
- Facebook • Twitter
- Contact Bake My Day • 250-748-8450