797 Hillside Ave in the former Boston Pizza location • Walk ins welcome
Hours are evolving. Call ahead.
- Mon-Thursday: 11am-10pm
- Friday: 11am-11pm
- Saturday: 10am-11pm
- Sunday: 10am-10pm
MeeT Reshapes the Restaurant Industry
Never before in The Celiac Scene’s history have I interviewed a restaurant so aware of its ingredients and so committed to serving the unique needs of each and every diner.
Food sensitivities are not just accommodated, they are celebrated!
In the course of doing so, they become keenly aware which ingredients contain gluten along with a host of other food allergens. As a result, MeeT has effectively deconstructed the building blocks of food, and from there, created amazing meals in ways that meet almost any need – or want!
I spoke with Adam Twohey, former chef at MeeT’s Yaletown location in Vancouver, and now Victoria’s MeeT Manager. He impressed me with his comprehensive knowledge of everything this 4-location offers. Be amazed!
- Dedicated gluten-free deep fryer
- Dedicated gluten-free grill
- All toppings used to dress meals are taken from fresh containers.
- If there is any doubt about the GF status of an ingredient container, a fresh container is taken from their walk-in cooler.
- Any loose flours used at MeeT are gluten free
- MeeT uses Little Northern (vegan) brand bread and buns for their gluten-free burgers and sandwiches.
- MeeT’s menu is notated to indicate which meals contain gluten and nuts. Many of these meals can still be adapted to gluten free. Ask your server – they are eager to help!
- Please always assert your needs when ordering items that do not have a gluten notation to ensure that the kitchen can take necessary precautions.
- OATS! The oat-intolerant can rejoice in knowing that oats are not incorporated into any of MeeT’s offerings!
- Oat milk however is used, and it should be noted that it is NOT gluten-free.
- Specially ordered meals may take longer to prepare and cook. Please be patient.
“I am thrilled that MeeT Restaurant has made its way to Victoria. I encourage our community to offer this breakthrough establishment its warmest welcome!” Ellen Bayens, The Celiac Scene
“They launched the concept of MeeT with a purpose to re-engage in the restaurant industry – not just to succeed in this market, but to re-shape it!”
“From customers perceptions of comfort food, to staff perceptions of what a workplace should be, their goal is to surpass and re-imagine the restaurant establishment to be a better version of itself!” Learn more …
I have severe food allergies. Can I eat in your restaurant?
“We take food allergies very seriously. While we can never guarantee that our food is 100% free of allergens, there are several steps that we take to minimize the risk of cross-contamination. We are a peanut-free establishment, two of our deep fryers are used exclusively for gluten-free items, and our menu is egg and dairy free.”
“Our menu does make extensive use of ingredients such as nuts, wheat, and soy, but we take great care to process these items separately to avoid cross contamination. Please specify with your server the nature and severity of your allergy. Severe allergy bills do take us longer to prepare and cook.”
*Despite all of this, there is always a chance of human error in prepping or cooking of food, or cross-contaminated food from suppliers. For this reason, guests should be comfortable with these potential factors before eating with us. Learn more …
Do you have a kids menu, and are you kid friendly?
“OMG, we love ‘em! We were recently featured on a Kids Edition episode of You Gotta Eat Here! (season 5 episode 16, but who’s counting?) where we showed off a few of our favourite kid friendly dishes; the Chili Cheez Fries, Mac’N’Cheez Burger, and Chocolate Coconut Ganache Tart. We don’t have a dedicated kids menu, but there are lots of items on our menus that your kids will love!” Learn more …
Find MeeT in Vancouver
- Main – 4288 Main St – 604-696-1010
- Gastown – Inner Courtyard, 12 Water St – 604-696-1111
- Yaletown – 1165 Mainland St – 604-696-1165