Wescana Oats are grown and manufactured according to Avena Purity Protocol* standards in Saskatchewan.
All of their oat products are GFCO Certified Gluten-Free (to 5ppm) , non-GMO & Kosher and are available as Rolled Oats, Steel Cut Oats and Quick Oats.
Wescana also offers a parallel line of oats that are Eco-Cert Organic in Steel Cut, Rolled Oats, Quick Oats & Oat Flour.
Wescana is proud to be the only purveyour of gluten-free, organic oat bran! Bravo!
Find all of Wescana’s products in 1kg bags at retailers across Alberta, BC and on Vancouver Island. Scroll down for retailer list.
* Avena Purity Protocol starts with seed selection and incorporatea a system of checks and balances from the field, to delivery and milling. This allows oats to remain gluten-free. Partnerships with farmers are key to these protocols, as are seed stock purity and criteria for growing, harvesting, transporting, storing and processing oats.
Wescana Foods chooses to source its oats from Avena Foods to ensure that they meet the following requirements:
- Gluten-free and allergy-friendly (free of all labeled allergens)
- Clean and clear label
- Fully traceable from farm to finished product
- Certified organic or conventional
- Ready-to-cook (RTC) or ready-to-eat (RTE) with a validated kill-step
- Lot numbers
- Certificate of Analysis (COA)
About Wescana Foods
Randy Sihota founded Wescana Foods after seeing a gap in the market for high-quality gluten-free oats at a reasonable price point.
Randy started Wescana with the hopes of bringing great oats from the prairies to homes across Canada.
Alongside Randy, is his daughter Kamryn, a university student hoping to follow in the steps of her father, and provide the people of Canada with good whole foods packed full of nutrients, in this world of over-processed food we live in today.
By supporting Wescana, you are supporting a small family business with the goal of giving all access to healthy food. Wescana has allowed Randy to deepen the connections he has with friends and colleagues, as well as his family. Learn more …