Six Mile Pub Believes in Great Food that just happens to be Gluten Free!
• All of Six Mile’s deep fryers are gluten free
• Proprietary gluten-free flours expertly blended in house
• Contraband flours are stored away from the prep hall
• Gluten-free kitchen guidelines in place
• Gluten-free education / staff training is ongoing
• Menu has GF icons marking house-made, gluten-free products. Enjoy!
Providing us with the gluten-free options we love for Patio Dining, Take Out or Delivery with dishes like Bangers • Bean Tacos • Calamari • Crab Cake • Crispy Cauliflower • Fish & Chips • Nasi Goreng • Pan-Seared Cod • Perogies • Poutine • Seafood Paella • Shepherd’s Pie • SixNature Wings • Thai Chicken Salad & so much more! Decadent desserts, too!
Gluten-Free Beer! Whistler Forager in Bottles • Ciders • Glutenberg
Open for Indoor Dining, Take-Out & Delivery
- MON – THURS 11:00am – 8:00pm
- FRI & SAT 11:00am – 10:00pm
- SUN 11:00am – 8:00pm
- BRUNCH Sat & Sun 11am – 2pm View Menu
- HAPPY HOUR Daily 3pm – 6pm
- RIVERSIDE PATIO: open for seating between mid-Spring and mid-Fall.
Enjoy a sumptuous celiac-safe brunch at Six Mile Pub Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 2pm. ‘GF’ or ‘GFO options’ are noted on their a la carte menu from Eggs Benny to Desserts. Families welcome! View Menu
The 160 year-old View Royal pub that served the Gold Rush has set the gold standard for gluten free! It has seating for over 300 guests, including some on the Riverside Patio that overlooks Millstream.
Their pub fare is created with culinary flare. Six Mile is proud to serve ‘SIX-Nature’ chicken wings, deep-fried halibut and – wait for it – safe french fries, yam fries and even onion rings cooked in a dedicated deep fryer!
Six Mile Pub’s Red Seal Chefs and their protégées pride themselves on meeting the needs of celiac diners and anyone with sensitivities i.e. dairy, soy, nuts or shellfish.
There’s a cozy corner, a sun-drenched patio or a pool table just right for you. Families are welcome with a menu made with the celiac child in mind. The family room also makes a great space for group functions.
- TESTIMONIAL: Just had dinner last night at the 6 Mile Pub on Old Island Highway. Wow! I have eaten here before but was amazed again at the GF menu selection, presentation, deliciousness, and the feeling of safety eating there. We went with another family and it was so awesome that I could share food with others who easily ordered GF even though they aren’t Celiac because there is just so many good things to choose from. The calamari is the best I have had anywhere. All the desserts were gluten free. How is this possible I wondered? I asked the waitress and she told me the chef is Celiac! We need more Celiac chefs that are this creative!! This has got to be best restaurant for dinner for Celiacs in the Victoria area.
Six Mile Pub pulls out all the gluten-free stops – every Sunday! Gluten-free hotcake stack, eggs benedict, omelettes, hash browns and amazing desserts! Gots Kids? Ask to be seated in the Family Room and order from the Kids Menu!
Unique at The Six Mile
- We do not own or use microwave ovens
- Only high-quality oil is used in our fryers. While more costly, the quality is in the taste and the value is in its healthful properties
- We serve handmade artisan products including pasta, sausages & bread
- Our apiary produces an abundance of honey that we use in many recipes
- All seafood options are recommended by the Vancouver Aquarium as ocean-friendly
- Patrons of all ages (including minors) are always welcome
The historic Six Mile Pub is the Oldest Pub in BC. It has seating for over 300 guests, including some on the Riverside Patio that overlooks Millstream. All menu items, are prepared from scratch using thoughtfully and responsibly sourced ingredients.
Owner of the Oldest Pub in British Columbia, the Six Mile Pub + Eatery, David considers himself an accidental restauranteur.
He was introduced to the restaurant industry by his brother-in-law, Joseph Heng, only as a means to pay for his studies at the University of Victoria. David had always aspired to become a clinical psychologist.
Chandlers Restaurant, a member of the Keg family of restaurants at the time, and where David was working as a bistro cook, offered him a full-time kitchen management position. David took the job, anticipating that he would eventually return to fulfill his dream of becoming a psychologist.
Before long, this accidental choice of livelihood had become a career. Ultimately, both the work of a clinical psychologist care of people, which had always been David’s impetus anyways.
Over the decades since, David has schooled himself across a wide spectrum of the industry – from managing corporate restaurants such as the Keg and Milestones, to running the food and beverage operations for a cruise ship, operating a tiny mom-and-pop wrap and smoothie health bar, and for the past 20+ years, owning and actively operating the oldest pub in BC, the Six Mile Pub + Eatery in Victoria. His focus on warm, authentic hospitality and wholesome foods has earned this heritage pub a “Best Pub to Take a Kid” award, as well as consecutive “Readers’ Choice Awards for Best Pub in Victoria”.
When he is not serving guests at his Pub, David along with his wife, Fancy, serves the community, with their Fancy + David Foundation, which funds charities, programs and activities that help steer local youths towards positive, productive pathways.
While he does not profess to know everything about the industry; In fact, he claims to know very little, he has been conducting weekly classes at his pub, to share what little he knows with his many young, passionate staff who are building careers in our industry.
At this stage of his accidental career, is to give a little back to the industry that has given him so much!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Gluten Free Restaurants and Stores
- Retirement Community Resident Sues Over Gluten-Free FoodSeptember 28, 2023 - 4:32 pm
- Grimm’s Fine Foods – Gluten-Free Goodness We Can TrustSeptember 28, 2023 - 7:37 am
- B-glutenfreevictoria European-Style Desserts & Artisan BreadsSeptember 28, 2023 - 7:00 am
- It’s Law in Italy! All Kids 0-17 to be Tested for Celiac Disease & Type 1 DiabetesSeptember 27, 2023 - 11:43 am
- October News Round Up on ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’September 26, 2023 - 4:08 pm
all-day 10% Off CHURROS & MOR Gluten-Fre... @ Cook Street Food Court
10% Off CHURROS & MOR Gluten-Fre... @ Cook Street Food Court
Sep 30 all-day
CHURROS & MOR 100% Gluten-Free, Vegan Food Truck • 313 – 325 Cook Street Village Food Court. Between Mercedes Lane and Hot & Cold Cafe See map • Open Mon-Thurs 10am to 8pm. Fri-Sat-Sun 10am[...]
all-day 10% Student Discount Every Day @ Pepper's Foods
10% Student Discount Every Day @ Pepper's Foods
Sep 30 all-day
University & College Students – enjoy 10% off EVERY DAY with provision of student ID card. Some restrictions apply. No discount on sale items. Click Here for Pepper’s Foods ONLINE STORE Gluten-Free Products ONLINE! A[...]
all-day Embrace Your Epicure Discount Code
Embrace Your Epicure Discount Code
Sep 30 all-day
Epicure is offering the gluten-free community its own discount code. Use ‘CELIACSCENE’ at check out through to 11:59pm on September 30, 2023. Code changes to ‘ THESCENE-5094 ‘ at 00:01 on October 1, 2023* CREATE[...]
all-day Mizu Real Fruit Ice Cream Food T... @ Various Locations
Mizu Real Fruit Ice Cream Food T... @ Various Locations
Sep 30 all-day
This Week’s Schedule! Sunday, September 24 – Departure Bay! Often at Nanaimo’s Departure Bay Beach but please confirm at Mizu’s Facebook Page or Instagram Account for daily locations and times! A taste of New Zealand[...]
all-day Taco Revolution 100% Gluten Free @ Various Locations
Taco Revolution 100% Gluten Free @ Various Locations
Sep 30 all-day
Taco Revolution 100% Gluten-Free Food Truck is a moveable Gluten-Free Feast! Check their most up-to-date appearances below or visit Website Schedule • Instagram • Facebook • call 1-833-TACO-REV (1-833-822-6738) . Frequently parked outside Red Arrow[...]