Tartan Toque also serves celiac-safe chicken wings as well as breaded, boneless chicken tenders.
All of Tartan Toque’s Tartan breadings and batters are gluten free.
All of their deep fryers are gluten free!
Hamburgers can be served on gluten-free buns – ask for fresh toppings. Note: pure oats are used to make hamburgers.
Restaurants Across Vancouver Island are Ready, Willing and Able to Serve
Gluten-Free, Deep-Fried Fish & Chips, French Fries, Yam Fries, Pickles and S’mores!
NOTE: Canadian Celiac Association Proclamation:
Deep-Frying Wheat Products Does NOT Make Them Gluten-Free
- Big Wheel Burger
- Floating Fish Store at Fisherman’s Wharf • 12 Erie St, Victoria. • + sorghum-flour battered fish, oysters. Full Details Here
- Pirate Chips • 75 Front St, Nanaimo • Includes Deep-Fried S’mores! Full Details Here
- Six Mile Pub • 494 Old Island Hwy, View Royal • ONION RINGS (while quantities last), fries, yam fries, calamari, wings Full Details Here
- Union Street Grill & Grotto • 477 5th St, Courtenay • Comprehensive GF menu Full Details Here
- Bard & Banker • 1022 Gov’t St, Victoria • + GF notations, gluten-removed beer. See map
- Beacon Landing • 2537 Beacon Ave, Sidney. See map See map
- Bin 4 Burger Lounge – all three locations now have a dedicated deep fryer
- Bravocados • 368 Main Street, Tofino • huge vegan menu • See map
- Brie & Barrel • 5059 Argyle, Port Alberni • same owners as Bravocados • See map
- Crows Restaurant • 123 Gorge Rd East, Victoria • See map
- Dick’s Fish & Chips • 1003 Island Hwy, Campbell River • See map
- Eve Olive Restaurant • 5281 Rutherford Rd, Nanaimo • See map
- Fishhook at Mermaid Wharf • 407 Swift St, Victoria • poutine See map
- Fish on Fifth, Sidney • 9812 Fifth St 250-656-4022 • GF fish, chips, onion rings, chicken strips & more. Vegan ice cream on GF cones. See map
- Harvest Road • 2451 Island View Rd Seasonal • behind Michell Farm, fresh corn & potatoes. See map
- Irish Times Pub • 1200 Gov’t St, Victoria • + GF beer, safe fries, can adapt other menu items. See map
- Jones BBQ • 1725 Cook St, Victoria • 100% GF except for gluten buns & tacos. See map
- La Fogata Latina • 749 View St, Victoria • deep-fried plantain & cassava! GF hot dogs. See map
- Long Beach Lodge • 1441 Pacific Rim Highway, Tofino 250-725-2442 • Fish, chips & more. See map
- New York Fries • Bay Centre Downtown, Mayfair Mall, Hillside Mall, Victoria. • Fresh cut potatoes, ask for salt only.
- Oak Bay Seafood • 2024 Oak Bay Ave, Victoria. • All batters GF. See map
- Old Fork • 140 Trans Canada Highway, Duncan • Chef is celiac. See map See map
- Penny Farthing Pub • 2228 Oak Bay Ave, Victoria • Bard’s Beer. See map See map
- Red Robin • 800 Tolmie Ave, Victoria. • + GF buns for burgers, excellent protocol. See map
- Rumrunner Pub • 9881 Seaport Pl, Sidney. • + Rice-flour battered fish, Fries & yam fries. See map
- Tartan Toque • 1507 Pandora, Victoria. • + GF deep-fried pickles, wings, chicken tenders. Ask for fresh burger toppings. Burgers made with ‘pure’ oats. See map
* If a restaurant does NOT appear on this list – there may be a good reason. Please contact [email protected] to learn more.